PLEASE CLOSE THREAD - REQUESTING BAN FOR GRIEFING PLAYER

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
SHELLY A GIRL

PLEASE CLOSE THREAD - REQUESTING BAN FOR GRIEFING PLAYER

Post by SHELLY A GIRL » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:54 pm

I was just on the joe.to TF2 server, my name was SHELLY A GIRL. Someone named Majin, or Marjan, or something was making comments like "get on your knees bitch and suck it" for two whole maps and for some reason would not relent. On the second map they changed their named to my name so that in the chat it was impossible to tell who was who.

I changed my name, typed in status in the console, and it appears the offending players name information was:

# 113 "SHELLY A GIRL" STEAM_0:1:14749695 10:51 289 10 active

There didn't appear to be an admin on at the time, so I told the person that I was going to make a post here and that they would get in trouble. He said that he wouldn't because he is friends with j2. I'd like to request a short, temporary ban for this player to let them know that even if they are friends with j2 that doesn't mean they can get away with harassing someone else and stealing their name, at least I hope that you guys wouldn't let your friends have the run of the server just because they know you.
Last edited by SHELLY A GIRL on Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuck

Re: REQUESTING BAN FOR GRIEFING PLAYER

Post by Tuck » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:05 pm

It's your word against his. Got any screenshots/demos? I wouldn't worry too much about a person like that. No matter where you go, there's always some awesome around that acts like an asshole.
yyyyyy
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:06 pm

For the record, I don't think you are referring to Majin_Hurricane as his Steam ID is Steam_0:1:81659, so their initial name may have been borrowed as well.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet - Abraham Lincoln
SHELLY A GIRL

Post by SHELLY A GIRL » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:20 pm

Mad_Dugan wrote:For the record, I don't think you are referring to Majin_Hurricane as his Steam ID is Steam_0:1:81659, so their initial name may have been borrowed as well.
No, majin_hurricane was okay, definitely wasn't the person to do it.

All the j2 guys said nothing was going to happen and nobody would be banned. Then on the next map when I went back in there they stole my name again. So I changed my name to be a play on someone else's name to give them a ribbing back and then I got banned for it.

What a great server you guys run, letting your friends completely ruin the game for someone. Nic was the only person there that seemed to have admin powers. I was banned with the message like "take a break" or something.

Why did I get banned for shooting back and the guy that started the whole thing by telling me to suck his dick, copying my name and all that nonsense gets to continue playing with complete immunity?

If this is the way you guys want to run your server then I'll go play somewhere else.
Tuck wrote:It's your word against his. Got any screenshots/demos? I wouldn't worry too much about a person like that. No matter where you go, there's always some awesome around that acts like an asshole.
No, I didn't think it would be necessary. In the past when I saw people request bans all that was asked for was a steam_id, not that it matters since apparently I'm not "cool" enough with j2 to be taken seriously and all the other j2 guys seem fairly confident they can get away with anything they want.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:27 pm

The guy was stealing other people's nicknames all day it seems. He would use their nickname but add a character that I guess doesn't appear. Normally his name is "The Last Warrior", at least I think it is. He's not going to be banned, but if he does it again, please tell him not to do it and if he continues, post here again and I'll ban him myself.
SHELLY A GIRL

Post by SHELLY A GIRL » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:28 pm

bl4nk wrote:The guy was stealing other people's nicknames all day it seems. He would use their nickname but add a character that I guess doesn't appear. Normally his name is "The Last Warrior", at least I think it is. He's not going to be banned, but if he does it again, please tell warn him not to do it and if he continues, post here again and I'll ban him myself.
I'm very, very glad that I'm being listened to. If he does it again I'll be sure to pass along the message.

Usually I like playing on the joe.to servers a lot, but tonight I have never seen such immaturity before.
Nic

Post by Nic » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:37 pm

SHELLY A GIRL wrote:I was banned with the message like "take a break" or something.
-snip-
The other person (Last Warrior) was also given a 60-minute ban right after that. The back-and-forth conversation between you two cause more headache than anything.
(especially when it goes nonstop for 3 maps in a row)
In-game: Nic.j2 & etc
SHELLY A GIRL

Post by SHELLY A GIRL » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:41 pm

Nic wrote:
SHELLY A GIRL wrote:I was banned with the message like "take a break" or something.
-snip-
The other person (Last Warrior) was also given a 60-minute ban right after that. The back-and-forth conversation between you two cause more headache than anything.
(especially when it goes nonstop for 3 maps in a row)
Well the guy stole my name told me to suck his dick and called me a bitch when I first joined the server (probably because I'm a girl and he's just a misogynistic pig), then said he wouldn't be banned because he knows someone in j2, maybe you could have done something about it just a little bit sooner, eh. I don't see what makes it right to ban me when the guy has been stealing names all day long apparently and causing all the trouble in the first place.
Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:06 am

is that the majin that has been here on j2 for a while, or a new majin?
SHELLY A GIRL

Post by SHELLY A GIRL » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:09 am

Gr¦m wrote:is that the majin that has been here on j2 for a while, or a new majin?
It was some guy that took majin's name. "The Last Warrior" is the guy that stole his name, my name, and other people's names. He was the guy that was basically allowed to create a mess because he "knows someone in j2".
Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:13 am

maybe he was pretending to be majin and by doing that, said he knows people in j2. If you ever get a problem like that, try checking IRC to see if an admin is on at the time.
SHELLY A GIRL

Post by SHELLY A GIRL » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:16 am

Gr¦m wrote:maybe he was pretending to be majin and by doing that, said he knows people in j2. If you ever get a problem like that, try checking IRC to see if an admin is on at the time.
There was an admin online and I actually ended being banned for some reason, and I don't think it's right.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:36 am

It was majarin or something, not majin.
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:45 am

bl4nk wrote:The guy was stealing other people's nicknames all day it seems. He would use their nickname but add a character that I guess doesn't appear. Normally his name is "The Last Warrior", at least I think it is. He's not going to be banned, but if he does it again, please tell him not to do it and if he continues, post here again and I'll ban him myself.
The Last Warrior is on my friends, and he's a pompous douche. Currently, his name is The Last Muffin.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
skinthinner

Post by skinthinner » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:56 am

I really don't see the issue with someone copying (closely) someones name, it lends to the grrr I'm going to go after you all game thing...

Spamming suck it or anything else for several maps is something else...then again mute is there as well.
BIGGIE wrote:whoa whoa theres more skinthinners in the world? What are we gonna do. gonna be like I am Legend but with skinthinners instead of vampires
Chief Cheese wrote:i don't mind being butt fucked tho. . .