Team Fortress 2 Pictures/Videos

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Parasyte

Re: Team Fortress 2 Pictures/Videos

Post by Parasyte » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:50 am

Murdoc experiences first hand the joys and perils of Rooftime. I recommend full-screen for the ending.

Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:58 am

Pinkle learns that you should always read the fine print and I demonstrate proper meat-shielding technique.

And a bonus clip!...

Admin abuse isn't all bad; Shown here, this abuse of power helps to educate the server... and it's funny at someone else's expense - that's a win-win.

GustavG

Post by GustavG » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:10 am

And we are back to more replays.... Parasyte is gonna take over
Maha

Post by Maha » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:59 am

worgeral wrote:And we are back to more replays.... Parasyte is gonna take over
That's what this thread is for after all.
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:17 am

epic stuff xD
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:21 pm

worgeral wrote:And we are back to more replays.... Parasyte is gonna take over
I'm not sure you fully understand what the "Team Fortress 2 Pictures/Videos" thread is actually for...
Pocatello

Post by Pocatello » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:28 pm

worgeral wrote:Parasyte is gonna take over
I support our future overlord.

Parasyte 2014!
-----------
TF2 name: Durka Durka Durka
-----------
Avvatar wrote:I know who you're talking about, Adam. But also cannot remember his name for the life of me. I want to say Pocatello but I'm nearly positive that's me misspelling the name of some other admin with poor grammar.
Parasyte wrote:I'm satisfying myself right now just thinking about Avanti.
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Toxius wrote:
VIEW CONTENT:
Hmmm, he's got a good platform, that is, one of his dead foes, but I'm still on the edge until he announces his running mate.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:
Toxius wrote:
VIEW CONTENT:
Hmmm, he's got a good platform, that is, one of his dead foes, but I'm still on the edge until he announces his running mate.
Parasyte/Hippie of Doom 2014. Together we will crush the son of our jailer and rule the galaxy.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Hippie of doom wrote:
Sanvich Hoovy wrote:
Toxius wrote:
VIEW CONTENT:
Parasyte/Hippie of Doom 2014. Together we will crush the son of our jailer and rule the galaxy.

well how else are you s'posed to run for emperor of the galaxy if you don't check your back for spies.
Oh bugger
Da_man
Party Hard!

Post by Da_man » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:56 pm

I, for one, welcome our parasitic and stoned-off-his-balls overlords.

Would Hippie prefer to be addressed as Mr. Hippie or Mr. Of Doom?
Last edited by Da_man on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Archer

Post by Archer » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:08 am

Love the colors in this shot.

!!!!!!

I will also be endorsing the Parasyte/Doom ticket in 2016.
Dangit Spongebobby!

Post by Dangit Spongebobby! » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Replays suck and are unreliable. P-REC is a cool utility you can use to automatically record demos at the beginning of each life and press a button to mark or save it at the end of your life, just like replays. Marked demos can be separated from unmarked. If you want, it will delete all unmarked demos at the end of the session. If you're willing to use the hard drive space, you can basically keep a record of every life in case there is a moment you want to record later.

Other cool features: On top of mimicking the replay feature, P-REC can be further configured to automatically save demos for killstreaks! Never miss your greatest moments or record breaking kill-streaks! For instance, if your kill-streak record for a class is 10 kills, you can tell P-REC to automatically save a demo whenever you break it.

For those interested in this utility, be sure to familiarize yourself with tf2's demo functionality by reading its wiki page at: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Help:Recording_demos

Notably:
There are limitations to note when recording a demo:
  • The demo does not record the scoreboard at any time even if the player views it during recording.
  • The recorder does not capture the recording player's voice communication. However, he will see any text messages he entered in the game chat. (To record the player's voice, voice_loopback 1 must be set in the console. This forces the player's voice to be played back in the audio output.)
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Dangit Spongebobby! wrote:There are limitations to note when recording a demo
I assume you also cannot change camera angles or script the scenes after recording like you can with replays. As buggy and unreliable as replays are, they offer a lot of flexibility when they do work. I'm not a fan of replays that are only from first-person perspective.

I never use the replay system to output my final videos. Instead, I play the video in the editor and record with Fraps. Cuts output time down to nothing and never glitches.