GH4 rumored tracklist

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Re: GH4 rumored tracklist

Post by Jason » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:42 pm

I'm probably going to get the full set of this, then just the Rock band 2 game if it's compatible with the GH shit??
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:48 pm

I wouldn't want to use those gh4 drums in rock band
AMMO

Post by AMMO » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Yeah get the whole set for Rock Band 2 and just buy the game disc for GH4.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Why's that?
I'm not disputing, I just don't know why. What would the difference be?

I can do either one it's no big deal, just want something to back up whatever I choose.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:49 am

Jason wrote:Why's that?
I'm not disputing, I just don't know why. What would the difference be?

I can do either one it's no big deal, just want something to back up whatever I choose.
Well, I stated in the other thread that people have had mostly sour impressions about GH:WT's instruments. The drums are extremely loud (louder than Rock Band 1's set) and they say the cymbals feel flimsy; and with the guitar they say they don't like the overall feel of it and that they weren't jazzed with the solo pads.

With the Rock Band 2 drums, there is a resounding opinion that they're greatly improved over the first set- very quiet, great rebound, wireless, yatta yatta- plus, add-on cymbals are going to be released soon. The only problem found so far is some sets have cross-hits when hitting a certain pad, but there's a fix for it that only takes about 5 minutes and a screwdriver.
Same deal with 2's guitar, less clicky buttons, less travel distance for the strum bar, auto-calibration detection, etc.

So with Rock Band 2, it seems like pretty much a sure deal that you're going to get good equipment, while GH doesn't have the luxury and experience of being on its second full-band game so there's bound to be speedbumps. Also, I believe RB 2's full edition is a little cheaper than GH:WT's.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:53 am

Well I don't know about the quality of the GH4 drums, but I'm concerned more about not having 4 real pads. Gh4 drums just have 3 pads and two cymbals. Imagine playing a Who or Sonic Youth song having to go left to right on those super fast hits. It seems like it would be more frustrating than fun to me
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:04 am

Yeah, I never really thought about that. Whereas GH:WT scales down to four pads with Rock Band's drums, I have no idea what the fuck is gonna go down with GH:WT's drums on Rock Band 2, but I could see it being awkward.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:33 am

Good enough for me, esp. with RB2's full set being a bit cheaper. I'll probably get the RB2 set and if I don't really like the guitar as much, I always have my Xplorer still.