Any fighting game love 'round har? Yes. Yes there is.

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Re: Any fighting game love 'round har?

Post by Derp » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:58 pm

I'd be down for some GGPO. I've always liked playing fighting games, just never really gotten good at them because I've never had anyone to play against. Would be more fun to play you guys in a game you don't play much so I might be able to squeak out a win now and then.
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Derp, as soon as I get SSFIV, you'll have a chance

Edit: 1000th post btw :p
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Base

Post by Base » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:53 pm

I use a Saturn pad. Best fighting pad you can possibly own. Unfortunately, I don't have a ps2 or saturn to USB converter (I have a saturn to PS2 converter, so a ps2 to USB would be best) so I can't use it on my pc atm.

GGAC is on Demul. It's actually the Naomi board, aka arcade version. Send me a pm or something and I'll help you get it set up. That goes for anyone, really, I wanna get people into GG.

I'll look into sending out announcements for when we're doing a GGPO gathering. Might even be worth it for someone to spec and livestream it on our j2 livestream.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:14 am

Way back in the day I played Killer Instinct on the SNES and N64. I used to play a bit of Power Stone on the Sega Dreamcast. I mainly played the Smash Bros. series and I tried Guilty Gear for a good while but fell out of it.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:58 am

Base wrote:GGAC is on Demul
lol that's actually the emulator I was referring to. And does GG have 3d backgrounds? If so, it'll run like poop on my computer. Which is sad, because nullDC runs CvS2 at full speed just fine.
Base

Post by Base » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:00 am

tatsuyame wrote:
Base wrote:GGAC is on Demul
lol that's actually the emulator I was referring to. And does GG have 3d backgrounds? If so, it'll run like poop on my computer. Which is sad, because nullDC runs CvS2 at full speed just fine.
Nope, no 3D. It actually runs pretty well. The only issue I've ever had is that every now and then, the graphics will get crazy fucked up. A simple reboot/next round usually fixes the issue. It's emulated and recent, but it's better than nothing, and it'll likely improve with future emulator releases.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
koko
[citation needed]

Post by koko » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:13 am

japanimater wrote:Way back in the day I played Killer Instinct on the SNES and N64. I used to play a bit of Power Stone on the Sega Dreamcast. I mainly played the Smash Bros. series and I tried Guilty Gear for a good while but fell out of it.
how old are you? 24 the youngest i say.
CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:09 am

tatsuyame wrote:SF4 and SF3:3s are my favorites of the SF games, with A3 a close second. I suck at SF2, and therefore don't like it. Same with any VS game. Not a fan of KoF, probably because I never bothered to learn how to play.
lol times have changed.
Games I like (not necessarily good at)
Third strike
Alpha 2
CvS2
Akatsuki Blitzkampf
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Melty Blood
KoF 2002
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
MvC2

And the joke titles:
Karnov's Revenge
those sailor moon snes ones
Last edited by tatsuyame on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:02 am

koko wrote:
japanimater wrote:Way back in the day I played Killer Instinct on the SNES and N64. I used to play a bit of Power Stone on the Sega Dreamcast. I mainly played the Smash Bros. series and I tried Guilty Gear for a good while but fell out of it.
how old are you? 24 the youngest i say.
Somewhere around there. I like my anonymity.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 pm

I'll play Alpha 2. But thirdstrike no. I am too poop at it. Why wont anyone play me ssf4 :(
snipersaurusrex wrote:YOU SAID YOU'D BE A PRICEY HOOKER. And you would.
Very pricey.
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Majin_hurricane wrote:I'll play Alpha 2. But thirdstrike no. I am too poop at it. Why wont anyone play me ssf4 :(
I'll (we'll? does anyone else play?) teach you Third Strike! It's really fun and you always have options (<3 parry). And I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm only decent on Third Strike (I know what I'm doing, but I don't play against people that much). So you should have a chance with most of the cast (especially Elena, for some reason I cannot fight Elena >:| ) I play Makoto, but can't do her stun combos so that's a big threat removed, lol.

Also, I'm really lame in Alpha 2. I play Chun, so...well you know what Chun is like in Alpha 2. I'd like to learn some Rose, and get good with Sakura.

Oh yeah, I play Dan for funsies.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:06 pm

majin, as soon as I get SSFIV, I'll play you (assuming you have it on the PS3)
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:41 am

Base wrote:I'll look into sending out announcements for when we're doing a GGPO gathering. Might even be worth it for someone to spec and livestream it on our j2 livestream.
Lol I just read this part. We should also record our matches (as in the inputs) so we can record the matches later or something at higher quality than lolstreamingquality. So we can be INTERNET FAMOUS

So I think I should list the games that are most popular and who plays them and how to contact them or something. or maybe an IRC channel or something.
#GGPO on gamesurge
Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:43 pm

i took out some 13k bp ryu yesterday with my rose and felt pretty proud, but I have no way to capture the video, becauwes my blackberry is being stupid.

i dislike how there is no input leniancy for third strike, I can't fucken do u1 for makoto, which i'm learning quite well
Very pricey.
Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:02 pm

my custom stick.

coming soon, my new astro city and my other sticks/panels.
Very pricey.