Nintendo 3DS

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Sanvich Hoovy

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:14 pm

Maha wrote:So about the Zelda item renting system...

Is this how I get Links equipment now instead of through dungeons or is the item out in the world for me to find as well?
Nope the only way to get these items is to rent/buy them, which gives you a nice incentive to save up your rupees. Seriously though, the sooner you can buy an item, the better.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Maha

Post by Maha » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:21 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:

Is this how I get Links equipment now instead of through dungeons or is the item out in the world for me to find as well?
Nope the only way to get these items is to rent/buy them, which gives you a nice incentive to save up your rupees. Seriously though, the sooner you can buy an item, the better.
I've pretty much rented all of them at this point. Rupees are mega easy to farm.

So when do I actually get to purchase them?
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Maha wrote:
Sanvich Hoovy wrote:

I've pretty much rented all of them at this point. Rupees are mega easy to farm.

So when do I actually get to purchase them?
I'm pretty sure after you get all 3 pendants he'll let you buy stuff. But they cost like 1,000 rupees each or something, so don't even worry about farming. I just played the game naturally and I owned everything at like 3/4 of the way through.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Maha

Post by Maha » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:23 pm

So I just upgraded my 3DS to an XL and did all the Data Transfer stuff and I see this warning "Please use the source 3DS SD card on this system". So I'm kinda weary on switching to the 4GB card that the XL came with. Am I worrying over nothing? I didn't have anything on the 2GB SD card to begin with so should I be okay to switch them out?
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:56 pm

You're fine.
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Maha

Post by Maha » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Just finished Link Between Worlds. So that's my first Zelda game ever finished. Ever.

Gonna go through again on Hero Mode and not forget the Red Mail this time and maybe look for all the crab things, I found 50 or so on the first go.
Tzeryushi

Post by Tzeryushi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:42 pm

If you get all of the maiamais, along with getting all the weapon upgrades (assuming you've bought them all), you get an upgraded spin attack, which pretty much decimates everything.
\ˈ(t)ser-yü-shē\
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:51 pm

As soon as you can maha, play through Ocarina. I'd just download it from the eshop were I you
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

Maha

Post by Maha » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:02 pm

Tzeryushi wrote:If you get all of the maiamais, along with getting all the weapon upgrades (assuming you've bought them all), you get an upgraded spin attack, which pretty much decimates everything.
I've fought a bunch of Shadow Links that had that increased radius. None of them able to hit me with it. But I always wondered how you got it, so thanks. :)
Pentagram.J2 wrote:As soon as you can maha, play through Ocarina. I'd just download it from the eshop were I you
I actually already own Ocarina on the 3DS, I had just finished the Shadow Temple before I just never went back to it.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:41 pm

Super 3DS Upcoming games list 2014 extravaganza!

First up, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

What is it?
A portable RPG from Square Enix you dolt! Bravely Default in many ways is a return to Squeenix's JRPG roots, and it looks to cut the chaff that has accumulated in their games over the years. It doesn't hurt that the game looks and sounds absolutely beautiful. Expect this one to be a lot of fun.

Next, Kirby: Triple Deluxe

What is it?

I'll let Mr. Iwata handle this one. Needless to say its the next kirby game, with the mechanic of switching between the back and foreground. It seems to be a lot of good fun and will definitely be a nice a holdover between the big meaty games on the system.

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

What is it?

WHAT IS IT?! Oh only the fourth entry in one of the best party franchises of all time. For the first time the series goes portable alongside its HD brother. Bandai Namco is working on the title, and are involved with the balance of the game. Sakurai has stated we can expect Smash 4 to be a middle ground between the much more competitive Melee and the casual focused Brawl. Be prepared to break many a circle pad once this game lands.

Yoshi's New Island

What is it?

A sequel to the much beloved Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for the SNES, Yoshi's New Island has unfortunately dropped the crayon art style of its predecessor in favor of a 2.5D look. Still, the game looks to be a lot of fun, and fans of the original should probably at least give the game a shot. The original is widely regarded as one of Nitendo's best platformers of all time, so this game has quite a legacy to live up to.

This is just a small list, expect it to grow greatly in the comin mon-

Wait, did you guys hear that? Sounds like a roar from... something big...

Listen there it is again! It's coming from the east...

OH SWEET JESU-

THAT'S A JAPANESE GAME YOU SODDING FOOL

NOT ANYMORE, BITCHES!

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is officially coming to the 3DS next year. I had to cheat and list it here, because it's Monster Hunter. If you own a 3DS, you should at least give this series a try. I've never had more fun then playing with some of my buds and working to kill a Wyvern looking for that one extra drop. If you want to read up more on the franchise and see if its something you're interested in, check out this post:
It's an action-RPG game that plays sort of like an MMO, but you hunt in groups of up to 4

What's not so typical about this RPG is that you don't gain EXP or Level Up (Except for your Hunter Rank that increases by doing a certain amount of quests, but this doesn't effect your attack, defense, etc.) Instead, you hunt monsters via quests, and once you kill the monster, you carve its parts (scales, tails, claws, wings, so on) and create better armor and weapons using these parts. This in turn lets you face larger monsters, carve their parts, create better equipment, repeat. This system also allows pros to help newer players on the game with little-to-no trouble and should get them up to speed ^^

The action element of this game doesn't come from hack-n-slashing your way to victory. This game requires a lot of patience and preparation, because these hunts can take anywhere from 30-50 minutes solo, 10-30 minutes multiplayer. Monsters don't have HP bars, but you can tell how weak they are from visual clues, such as blood coming out of wounds and limping. You create bombs, traps, nets, tranquilizers, and other various equipment by combining items you find from Monsters or on the battlefield. For example, combining a Net and a Trap Tool creates a Pitfall Trap. Once a monster falls into it, it can't move for around 10 seconds. This gives you and your teammates a chance to hack at it, bomb it, tranquilize it, and so forth, giving your team an advantage in the fight. Finding the best tactics and careful planning is key to victory. Charging in head first is pretty close to suicide (unless you're extremely good at rolling and dodging :)).

Wifi enables up to 4 players to hunt on the same quest.

If you have a PSP, I highly recommend getting Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, I have nearly 200 hours of gameplay, and the replay value still holds up incredibly.
That post was made for Monster Hunter Tri when it was nearing release, but it applies pretty damn well for MH4 as well.

Guys, I really want Monster Hunter to take off, so if you have a 3DS, go out and try MH3U, and if you like it, get MH4 when it's released. I'd love to hunt with you bastards

Maha

Post by Maha » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Might get MH4, but I just upgraded to an XL so I don't know how that will work without an extra circle pad.
ChitterChatter

Post by ChitterChatter » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Gah, now I need to exchange my 3DS for a bigger one if MH4U doesn't get released on the WiiU by next year
"Dangit Bobby, stop jerking off in my tool shed!"

I sell cocaine and cocaine accessories.
All part of a balanced breakfast!
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Post by Derp » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:38 pm

Bravely Default doesn't really appeal to me at all, and the whole "sleep point" microtransaction system is just hilarious. Wonder how well that's going to work out for them. Yoshi's New Island... not sure about it, looks pretty ugly and boring to me at the moment, to be honest. Maybe seeing and hearing the game in person will change my mind, doesn't seem to have any of the charm of it's predecessors though. Hoping that was just a bad trailer. Kirby Triple Deluxe might be a good bit of fun.

On the other hand, I am pumped for Smash 4 of course, and Monster Hunter 4 could be fun too. Whether or not I get it will probably be determined by how many/what games I'm playing and/or how much free time I have around the time it releases. I tend to really only enjoy MH when I really get into it with at least a couple other friends.
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:24 am

can't they make all of those games for the wii u instead of the 3DS?
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."