Two new maps from us coming (maybe today)

Like such as the NIPPER
stabbyclaus

Two new maps from us coming (maybe today)

Post by stabbyclaus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Fufu & I have finally gotten back into map making & we got two maps in the works. mine is nearly complete with custom textures & models woo. Pictures coming soon.

First map:
Pallet Town by Fufuberry. A small map recreation of Pokemon's original starter city. There's Red & Blue's homes, even Prof. oak's lab!

Second map:
Koth LOLtower. Loltower is a unique skyhigh night koth map set in an old mine & quarry. Deadly toxin-infused water surrounds the map & you must avoid them by 3 bridges to the center point. The point though can only be reached by launching in the air thru the methane exhaust tower. Sniping also isn't a big option due to the dense fog surrounding everything.

BSP Map link:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxgEY6 ... MjMy&hl=en

Last edited by stabbyclaus on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Waterbear

Re: Two new maps from us coming (maybe today)

Post by Waterbear » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:55 pm

LOLtower sounds airblast friendly >:D
12:13 PM - jermm: man I haven't taken a poop that needs a plunger in years
12:13 PM - jermm: my body is failing me
g
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Waterbear wrote:LOLtower sounds airblast friendly >:D
you know most of my maps tend to be :)

UPDATE: Images are up in first post :D
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:43 am

I LOVE the idea of map, I don't like that the water instantly kills you, but I am sure you have a good reason, I just don't know what it is, so I'd like for it NOT to. I was practicing moving around in the tunnel, building up momentum, and trying to remain continuously airborne, but I tend to get caught towards the middle just bobbing up and down. I don't know if I just suck at moving in the air, or if its a problem. I really like how moving closer to the center makes you go up faster and moving towards the edges slows you down/doesn't move you up. Really nice idea and I fucking LOVE stabbing people in the air.

Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
Trizik

Post by Trizik » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:54 am

looks chaotically fun
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:08 am

changes made thus far:
-Made the center tunnel work better so that going to the center pushes you up faster.
-increased noclip cone around ceiling cat
-fixed red's doors.
-fixed all barrels to be solid.
-added two L-shaped extensions to the roof, making it spell LOL. Also adds more landing space when shot very high up.

changes that need to be made:
-dim floor lights (do I just make the color darker or is there a value I can put it in to dim it?)
-add some kinda particles to represent air shooting upward (suggestions?)
-make real fans (rather than just textures as it is now.)
-add giant skybox cat finale (coming soon)
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:20 am

The lighting sometimes make it difficult to tell who's on what side without putting your crosshairs over them.
SurNim

Post by SurNim » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:17 am

SO.....
As far as I am concerned, a giant tower must be climbable (FROM THE OUTSIDE!!!!)

I did not have a chance to play the map for real with people,
but I played it for like a few minutes by myself :P

I just have to say
It is possible to sticky jump to the top of the tower from the ground level (just barely) and not die from fall damage at the top
It is possible to sticky jump to the top from the ring around the tower, but you die from fall damage unless you land on the health pack.

It is impossible for a soldier to get to the top from the outside.
Even with all 4 rockets it is too high.
(I can get maybe 3/4 of the way there, but even the best jumper could do no better.)

tl;dr
Please make the tower a bit shorter so I can rocket jump up all the way :)

k thx bai
2+2=5
(for large values of 2)
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:45 pm

I'll make a poll in the TF2 forum section (to get more attention.)
koko
[citation needed]

Post by koko » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:57 pm

stickbeast wrote:
lol that was me that csayed KITTY when they were talkin about cats
CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:31 am

HEY guys, so here's the final version up on FPSbanana

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/132334

Fixes/Additions:

-Optimized the upward tunnel, works like a charm now (no more getting stuck.)
-All lighting has been fixed.
-Added custom models & sounds
-Added branches spelling LoL on the top of the building.
-Fixed minor stuff stuff.

Screen shots:
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Needs more bloom...
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Sun May 16, 2010 7:10 am

I do not like the changes to the air tunnel, you go up way to fast and end up taking a shit load of damage when you come down. Also, you go up faster than the back stab animation so no more awesome stabs =(.

Also snipers seem to have an easy time just sitting by spawn, and sniping, you cant really get to them unless you get lucky with grenades or manage to sneak past and shoot em with the ambassador twice before they can move out of the way. A fog prevents you from sniping them if you are at the top of the tower though.

Not sure how I feel about building on the L's, seems like whichever team engy spams and builds at the top wins. And it becomes one sided very quickly.
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Fri May 21, 2010 10:20 pm

loltower needs some serious lighting work. I had the pleasure of running into a blue player just now, but because the red lighting was so directionally intense, I thought it was a team mate.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Sat May 22, 2010 11:32 pm

the lights were optimized so that wouldn't happen except in & on top of the tower. this is meant to disorient the team that owns the point