Custom Sprays

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Parasyte

Custom Sprays

Post by Parasyte » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:38 pm

I AM NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING NEW SPRAY REQUESTS. Sorry!

PREVIOUS COMISSIONS:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE:
Since starting this thread I've received a few requests from people asking me to do some kind of free design work, other than custom sprays. While I appreciate that you like my work and would think to come to me with these kinds of requests, I need to stress that I get a lot of requests like this each week from family, friends and work associates and I simply cannot afford to do them all free of charge. Graphic design is how I earn my living and I have a strict policy regarding freelance work which I need to maintain for my own good.

Anyone is free to approach me with a request for my services beyond the free stuff I volunteer to do, but please understand that I must charge you as I would any other client. I'm willing to offer a J2 discount of 50% off all commissions for J2 regulars who are still interested. I'm glad that you like my work and I appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Last edited by Parasyte on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 23 times in total.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Re: Custom Sprays

Post by KoD » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:41 pm

bro that shit is awesome, i want you to teach me how to make those types of backgrounds, cement/walls :P

EDIT: could you make a 512x512 fish smoking a fat doobie?

EDIT EDIT: Example: Image
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Thanks KoD. The background in those images is actually just a stock image from Google, and is only there for reference. Those sprays have transparent backgrounds.

Last I checked, sprays are limited to 256 square... I will ask that if you have requests for sprays that you try and flesh out the idea a bit... Do you want a "real" fish smoking a blunt (eg. a Billy Bass mounted on the wall) or do you want a graffiti style fish with some style?
pepper

Post by pepper » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Those are pretty awesome man, good to see graphic designers round here..

could you do something creative with this? Idk, maybe a nice red background with the name Pepper in it?
Whatever dimension is fine..
Thanks in advance
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Realistic looking fish, cod if possible. Blunt can look graffiti-animated-like if that's easier for you to make.
If you want to make it in 256x256 that's great, I always request 512x512 though because there's always the option of incorporating that imagine into a map.
You can really put some zing on the fish if you want. If it looks like it's straight out of the harbour it's probably going to gross people out.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:06 am

That's the funny thing about working with picture resolutions, I always prefer bigger, if you go smaller then everything looks pixelated and you end up putting in more effort.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Aironz

Post by Aironz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:27 am

I want a spray with my cloud avatar wearing a top hat and monocle, with a cane in one hand and with my in game name "Sir Aironz" in it. That would be sweet. and yea making it cartoonish is good.
wut
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:02 am

neelpos wrote:That's the funny thing about working with picture resolutions, I always prefer bigger, if you go smaller then everything looks pixelated and you end up putting in more effort.
I always design big then downsize for the final spray. Sometimes this means that I end up putting too much detail into the spray that is lost at the smaller size, but designing larger is generally easier.
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:55 pm

Alright Parasyte, I will love you forever if you do a Demoman wearing a turban (and whatever other kind of terrorist/muslim paraphernalia) and have it say [gHad] on there. Or perhaps a phrase replacing jihad with [gHad].
:hearts: :hearts:
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:01 pm

KoD wrote:Realistic looking fish, cod if possible. Blunt can look graffiti-animated-like if that's easier for you to make.
If you want to make it in 256x256 that's great, I always request 512x512 though because there's always the option of incorporating that imagine into a map. You can really put some zing on the fish if you want. If it looks like it's straight out of the harbour it's probably going to gross people out.

Here's a screenshot of your spray in-game...

If all looks good, let me know how you want me to send you the VTF file.
Spazmeister

Post by Spazmeister » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:08 pm

That looks fantastic.
I'd love to have you make something for me but i have no idea what.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:41 pm

that is fucking awesome man, great job
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:27 am

pepper wrote:Those are pretty awesome man, good to see graphic designers round here..

could you do something creative with this? Idk, maybe a nice red background with the name Pepper in it?
Whatever dimension is fine..
Thanks in advance

Hey Pepper,here is a screenshot of your spray in-game. If all looks good just let me know how you want me to send the file.

Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:28 am

Awesome.
pepper

Post by pepper » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:28 am

You sir, are amazing.