Why did I assume they would fix it?

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Why did I assume they would fix it?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:58 pm

So, I went ahead and got the remaining 3 bronze stars for weapons that I was missing: (SPAS-12 COMBAT, NEOSTEAD 200 COMBAT, M1 GARAND) thinking they would have patched the "Distinguished Weapon Knowledge" bug, too.

<rant>
I have concluded that DICE are good game designers, but not the greatest programmers. Case in point, two point blank headshots to the back of the head of a crouched enemy with the SPAS-12 should have killed him on the first shot, second shot defintely, but them turning around and stabbing me, shouldn't have happened.

I don't think the game registers hits shooting down on someones head. I suspect, they only test 4 sides of the hitbox.
</rant>
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet - Abraham Lincoln
Cc_Hairy

Re: Why did I ssume they would fix it?

Post by Cc_Hairy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:46 pm

works fine for me, shot a guy from above today
bin laden wrote:I still think bush is the one that did all the shit
http://activistnews.blogspot.com/
CallMeVexed

Post by CallMeVexed » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Sometime I feel like I get robbed of some of my shotgun kills too.

In other news, they fixed the friend's list. I can join off of friends below the first 14, although I'm not sure if we can add more than 20 friends now.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 pm

so can someone tell me, do knife kills only work when they face you?
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Cc_Hairy

Post by Cc_Hairy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:so can someone tell me, do knife kills only work when they face you?
yes

Stabbing someone to death is an act of intimacy. To become an accomplished practitioner, study and a steeling of nerves is required.

One convict stabs another on a prison tier with a cell-made shank. The weapon might be a sharpened plastic ball point pen, or a metal scrap filed into a point and wrapped with tape or cloth. It might be a piece of wood, whittled into a point and steeped in feces and urine, the better to contaminate the blood of the victim and ensure death by infection, if death doesn’t come from stabbed and shredded organs.

Assailant and victim are physically close during the event. The assailant knows he must kill his intended victim, or he will become a victim through retaliation. There is no half measure in their shared world of violence, so the assailant stabs as many times as he is able, before he is seen or stopped. Objective: kill and escape. To meet his objective, he stabs fast, repeatedly and viciously. The victim might have highly developed abdominal muscles, or may be wearing a vest made of magazines under his shirt or coat, both of which make driving a blade into flesh more difficult. The assailant must be prepared for these obstacles. If he’s an accomplished assassin, he may have studied a medical journal or consulted with other killers to know where to place his thrusts, the better to pierce vital organs or arteries. He may know his intended victim is indeed muscled, or suspect he may be armored, and so will perhaps attack the face, throat, head or groin. He will will not stop stabbing until intervention by death, guard or counter attack.

Until then, the assailant will be intimate with his victim. He will touch him, smell him, hold him and feel the fluids from his body on his own.
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4098183 ... _edman5by5
bin laden wrote:I still think bush is the one that did all the shit
http://activistnews.blogspot.com/
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:10 am

Why would anyone assume DICE fixes bugs? Wanna play Global Agenda? :banana:
WOZZA wrote:And well done to destroying another topic..
james79

Re: Why did I assume they would fix it?

Post by james79 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:47 am

Well its working fine here.
Pocatello

Re: Why did I assume they would fix it?

Post by Pocatello » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:22 pm

james79 wrote: james79

Post subject: Re: Why did I assume they would fix it?Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:47 am

Well its working fine here.

Best first post evah.

You should get promoted.

Thread necro from: Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 pm
-----------
TF2 name: Durka Durka Durka
-----------
Avvatar wrote:I know who you're talking about, Adam. But also cannot remember his name for the life of me. I want to say Pocatello but I'm nearly positive that's me misspelling the name of some other admin with poor grammar.
Parasyte wrote:I'm satisfying myself right now just thinking about Avanti.