Minecraft

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
CaptainTripps

Minecraft

Post by CaptainTripps » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Build my citadel on an island, working on a never ending tower. Still have to add windows and shit, plus decor on the inside. Got a nice lil walkway on the outside accessed from the 2nd floor to snipe monsters with the bow and arrow.

Also built a greenhouse in back.

We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Re: Minecraft

Post by KoD » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:20 pm

There's already two minecraft threads, but I guess we can have another...

Did you make that in the regular game with enemy units??? I have a sweet mountain house I just made.

Up on that Mt. with a waterfall... also I just completed that new bridge to another mountain.
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:34 pm

I just got Minecraft today, and my entire day has pretty much been make a world -> explore caves for valuable minerals -> delete world -> repeat.

I think I finally have a world I like. EVERYTHING was fucking snow and there was this cave right next to where I spawned and I was like OH COOL THAT'D MAKE A GOOD PLACE TO LIVE. So I went around and got some wood and made my self this house (note: the windows were not originally on the house):

So there I am, inside my house cave thing, when I start hearing this moaning that WOULD NOT STOP. I start to search in the cave and I find these fucking ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE. Turns out, Minecraft has these dungeon things with mob spawners and basically you have to fight through the enemies to get to the mob spawner, kill it so it stops spawning things, and then open these chests and get valuable items (also this dungeon thing is supposed to be really rare to find).

I got lucky, though. It was close to the surface and the mob spawner was spawning ZOMBIES, which catch fire when exposed to sunlight. So all I had to do was create a hole to the surface to expose the zombies around the spawner to sunlight so they'd all die and I could get everything super easy.

So I built a shrine at the location in memory of the zombies in my basement:
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:10 am

haha that shrine is sweet mr. blip

I just bought the game a few hours ago after playing on a friends account.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:42 am

Shit this looks hella fun! I'd definitely want to do a coop build with you guys.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:02 am

"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"J2 I am disappoint."
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:43 am

KoD wrote:I just bought the game a few hours ago after playing on a friends account.
you're welcome

also, we should totally get an MPS server running once notch fixes all that shit
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:51 am

Magnus wrote:Image
Silly Magnus! Waffleimages is for SA only!

But FUCK that is so god damn true. The 2nd map I made, I was cutting some trees when I hear the SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and I turn around and BAM!
jazzy

Post by jazzy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:23 am

KoD hosted a SMP server last night and it wasn't too laggy, the only thing shitty imo was that furnaces didn't work.
But we explored a cave and got lost like 90% of the time and i got stuck in a room while lava slowly filled it. shit was scary :[

here was my old castle when i started the game. going back to this base took me around 1-2 days of ingame travel. when i first started i made that castle and then left because there were very few caves and minerals around the area, i went to make an island castle. which i accomplished and added two minecart paths.

i guess now im just going to make a whole new game and trry to find some good caves around the area. ill get pictures of my new castle when i get the chance.
The Dude Abides.
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:46 am

So yeah I've found two more mob spawners in my little cave home. One of them was placed in a weird way so only one skeleton archer could spawn at a time, and the other one was near lava and was spawning zombies INTO the lava. I've also found shit tons of iron, but I lost half of it when I fell into some lava myself =(

Edit: Found ANOTHER cave not far from home with another fucking mob spawner in it. Also found tons of the red stuff, and apparently it's used for electricity. I have no idea how, though.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:46 am

Here's the failed image from above:

Also, is there any way I can try it out before buying?
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:36 am

mbaxter wrote: Also, is there any way I can try it out before buying?
http://www.minecraft.net/

Yeah, but it is in browser only.
MrBlip wrote:
But FUCK that is so god damn true. The 2nd map I made, I was cutting some trees when I hear the SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and I turn around and BAM!
I actually had one of those fuckers drop on me in a cave! It was nuts!

I was following this cave network which was insanely expansive. I stumbled on it while just roaming the country side and saw a number of pitfalls in the ground. As I started exploring it, I found a subterranean waterfall which looked like it had carved out a underground river. As I followed this network further and further down, I noticed a light, to my amazement a waterfall of lava was spewing out of the rock and combining with the water! It was fucking crazy! It was at this point I found myself in a large gallery with a number of tunnels leading away from it.

After exploring a couple I found myself following a particular tunnel which just kept going, and tunnels branching of this main one. Eventually I got to the end which looked like a dead end. On a hunch I took my pick out and started working away at the walls, and to my wonder I had broken into a massive, MASSIVE underground cave, completely sealed. Complete with lava rivers and lavafalls. Oh, and of course, zombies, skeleton archers, and sssssSSSSSSS.

As, I was hacking my way through the numerous undead, I stopped to rest for a moment, I got a furnace up and table and started to craft some supplies. Thats when I heard it. "SSSSssss" I immediately turned around expecting to get blow sky high, but, nothing! I waited for a couple more seconds, no sound. So, I decided to go back to work when I heard it again! Terrified, I spun around, frantically looking for it, but still nothing, I started to venture just a small distance away from my things to see if I could find the source of the noise.

Thats when it happened.

It all must have happened in the span of a second, but time seemed to slow, a long narrow, slimy green, object fell from the ceiling right in front of me.

The only thing I had time to do was yelp in terror before everything went dark.

I did a livestream earlier, shows exactly what I explained. Skip to the 3:40 mark and enjoy.

http://livestre.am/j7ki
"J2 I am disappoint."
jazzy

Post by jazzy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:20 pm

mbaxter wrote:Here's the failed image from above:

Also, is there any way I can try it out before buying?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=f0kf9ge5
Is the alpha survival, just enter random shit for login/pass and then press offline, you can play online too but your name is player and 90% of the servers don't usually work (for me). I bought it though. You can save in this too.

But it's SUPPPPEEERRR fun, i cant wait until SMP is finished and the bugs are fixed so we can enjoy digging in a cave for HOURS on end. Yes it sounds boring, but it's fucking fun as shit.
The Dude Abides.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:36 pm

Magnus wrote:I did a livestream earlier, shows exactly what I explained. Skip to the 3:40 mark and enjoy.

That is not even close to what you explained.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:48 pm

Avvatar wrote:
Magnus wrote:I did a livestream earlier, shows exactly what I explained. Skip to the 3:40 mark and enjoy.

That is not even close to what you explained.
Ok, it shows what I was talking about with the massive cave system.
"J2 I am disappoint."