Portal 2 Release date and new puzzles!

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
cold_blade

Portal 2 Release date and new puzzles!

Post by cold_blade » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Valve announced, at GamesCom in english land, that portal will be available on steam on February 9th. GamesCom is in Europe so that might mean just THEIR release date (which might mean the states could get it a few days before of after) but either way they have already stated it will be released in all localizations and platforms (PS3 and Xbox 360 included) at the same time. I don't have an exact quote (from an article Here) as it was probably repeated many times by Valve representatives throughout the presentation.

At GamesCom, in the Valve booths, some new footage of puzzles have been shown, here's the only new video I've seen and appears on the article. Watch the whole thing, only a little bit is old footage, looks really cool.

[edit]
Also, for anyone who cares, the voice of Wheatley, the personality sphere, has changed, the old voice was just a place holder apparently, and now he is voiced by British actor Stephen Merchant from The Office. If you go back and watch the original announcement videos you can really tell the difference.
Ninge wrote:Seeing how I am the oldest member here, besides joe, you must please me with something or joe
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: Portal 2 Release date and new puzzles!

Post by Django » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Wow, this time they are not fucking around. Just look at how much shit is going on in the game!
Quite the opposite of the slow-paced, same fucking grey room that constituded the first two
portions of the first game (meaning that the entire game will feel and play like the impecable 3rd act)....

The ammount of effort that seems to be placed on this game makes me feel sad for those
who beggarly await for the Episode 3 ,knowing that the sole existance of Portal 2
makes their yearnings for the continuation of the Half-life series of a distant reality....
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Mio Nome e Django wrote:The ammount of effort that seems to be placed on this game makes me feel sad for those who beggarly await for the Episode 3 ,knowing that the sole existance of Portal 2 makes their yearnings for the continuation of the Half-life series of a distant reality....
I pity them, for they are truly poor and irish. And hatless.
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm Irish, what are you trying to say?
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Grndslmhttr3 wrote:I'm Irish, what are you trying to say?
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm Irish, behatted, and upper-middle class, thus I chuckle heartily.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Mio Nome e Django wrote: The ammount of effort that seems to be placed on this game makes me feel sad for those
who beggarly await for the Episode 3 ,knowing that the sole existance of Portal 2
makes their yearnings for the continuation of the Half-life series of a distant reality....
Yeah, it's not as though they'd have multiple teams working on their other games or anything.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Hellboy wrote:Yeah, it's not as though they'd have multiple teams working on their other games or anything.
True, if that was so, we will all enjoying episode 3 by now, silly me...
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Mio Nome e Django wrote:
Hellboy wrote:Yeah, it's not as though they'd have multiple teams working on their other games or anything.
True, if that was so, we will all enjoying episode 3 by now, silly me...
It's ALSO not as though Valve has a penchant for releasing Half Life games incredibly late or anything, or how Episode 3 is supposed to be full length so that would conceivably draw out the production time. Doesn't factor in at all.
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 pm

oh man every time i see new footage of portal 2

and weatly is fucking epic
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:41 pm

the placeholder voice for wheatley was a lot better imo
Steam
GW2: Haymaker.8924 (Tinthundered, Encoelia)
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
cold_blade

Post by cold_blade » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:08 am

Portal 2 doesn't mess around like number 1. I can't wait until February 9th 23:59:59.999...
Ninge wrote:Seeing how I am the oldest member here, besides joe, you must please me with something or joe
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:15 am

Portal 1 was, like, a 3 hour experiment used to test the waters for this kind of game- it was pretty much perfectly paced and crafted for what it was, I hope 2 will retain those things in spite of lengthening the premise. Looks really great just from these past few videos, though.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:22 pm

I can't wait to see how they tie HL2e3/Portal2 in with the Borealis. I want to see a good connection between the two.
mR.MouseR

Post by mR.MouseR » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:49 pm

bl4nk wrote:I can't wait to see how they tie HL2e3/Portal2 in with the Borealis. I want to see a good connection between the two.
I can't wait, it's going to be great.