Egyptian Revolution

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
Bogey

Re: Egyptian Revolution

Post by Bogey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:14 pm

That is so disgusting... I can only hope that the driver gets what's coming to him.
This user has left the joe.to community. His posts are retained in memoriam.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Here's what the driver probably thought

Massive angry mob surrounding my vehicle, some carrying blunt objects, many banging on my car. What am I going to do, sit and take it in all likelihood my windows being smashed and me possibly being dragged from the vehicle, possibly to be killed by the mob?

No, he chose to drive out of it.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Which is why he headed towards the thickest part of the mob rather than the clearer area, while accelerating much quicker than necessary.
i <3 cheese. cheese <3 evry1. u= an every1. thus, by transitive property i <3 u
Chief Cheese the amazing wrote:
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Because it's so easy to see past the group of people surrounding his vehicle, right? And yea, let's just slowly, calmly drive through, while the car is being beaten and more and more people are closing around.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Watch it again, at 0:28. He turns from a clearer area into the more crowded area, which seems like a stupid thing to do. That's also when he accelerates the most, so as not to get jammed up on all that bodies he's clearly aiming at.
And yeah, accelerate. slower. The fuck are they gonna do about it.

EDIT: I mean, generally I'd agree with you and pin it on someone freaking out. But COME ON. He turns into the thicker part. If he was just trying to get out of there, he'd go for the clearer part first and then probably have to plow through that little group down the road.

EDITX2: Also, don't see how the hell he could tell it's a diplomatic car. I think the poster is trying to implicate something through that, cause it really doesn't seem like he was in a position to see that.
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 pm

I'll agree on that part, the driver could have kept going straight through the thinner part, the only real explanation being that he was just too freaked out or lost control. I HIGHLY doubt that he intentionally went for the thicker part to kill/harm people.
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:39 pm

I guess, really wouldn't surprise me anyway. . . in summary though, shit's fucked.
Bogey

Post by Bogey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:17 pm

A Ninja wrote:I'll agree on that part, the driver could have kept going straight through the thinner part, the only real explanation being that he was just too freaked out or lost control. I HIGHLY doubt that he intentionally went for the thicker part to kill/harm people.
Perhaps you should read a bit more about the recent actions of Mubarak supporters, then.
They've been outright attacking protesters and foreigners with stones, clubs, and knives recently.
This van thing doesn't come as too much of a surprise.
This user has left the joe.to community. His posts are retained in memoriam.
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:11 am

Regardless of his motives, the guy killed and injured who knows how many people. Here, that'd net you at least aggravated vehicular manslaughter.

Altho I doubt they're even looking for the guy.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:50 am

Bogey wrote:
A Ninja wrote:I'll agree on that part, the driver could have kept going straight through the thinner part, the only real explanation being that he was just too freaked out or lost control. I HIGHLY doubt that he intentionally went for the thicker part to kill/harm people.
Perhaps you should read a bit more about the recent actions of Mubarak supporters, then.
They've been outright attacking protesters and foreigners with stones, clubs, and knives recently.
This van thing doesn't come as too much of a surprise.
The van was supposedly a diplomatic vehicle, not supporters of Mubarak necessarily.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Diplomats can't be prosecuted in the countries they are in and are only prosecuted if the parent country allows it. Also if it was a front wheel drive vehicle it could be torque steer but those vans are generally rear wheel drive.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
prolix

Post by prolix » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:30 pm

scobywhru wrote:Diplomats can't be prosecuted in the countries they are in and are only prosecuted if the parent country allows it. Also if it was a front wheel drive vehicle it could be torque steer but those vans are generally rear wheel drive.

from what i could tell it was a Chevy Express 2500 (i used to drive one of these for work) - totally rear wheel drive

it's pretty hard to go completely out of control like that in those, i'm gonna take a stab and say he chose to drive into the heaviest part of the crowd

then again i can't really analyze what's going through the guys head
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:03 pm

scobywhru wrote:Diplomats can't be prosecuted in the countries they are in and are only prosecuted if the parent country allows it. Also if it was a front wheel drive vehicle it could be torque steer but those vans are generally rear wheel drive.

It's unlikely the guy was an Ambassador, and staff and security don't have immunity.

Consulate says the van was stolen anyway.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
Cc_Hairy

Post by Cc_Hairy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:21 pm

GTA meets The Walking Dead

Mubarek may have $40,000,000,000.00 but he is a dead man walking

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/MB04Ak01.html
bin laden wrote:I still think bush is the one that did all the shit
http://activistnews.blogspot.com/
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:54 pm

nobody with $40B is dead. there are entire countries for sale for less than that
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef