Issue with sounds for Nipper Maps ~ CSS

Discussion for all Counter-Strike titles - csgo.joe.to
Captain Jack Sparrow

Issue with sounds for Nipper Maps ~ CSS

Post by Captain Jack Sparrow » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Hey Guys,

Long time fan of Nipper Maps, first time poster.
Our server has a rotation of every Nipper Map, We seem to be having an issue with the sounds loading in Nipper's Maps.

E.g. When loading Zuhhh

Failed to load sound "nippersounds\nmab_door01_beatles.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "nippersounds\nmab_door02_acdc.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "nippersounds\nmab_rush_limelight.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "nippersounds\nmab_wings_band.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "nippersounds\nmab_jnhoward_end.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "nippersounds\nmab_bonobo_flutter.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "nippersounds\nmab_sp_cupiddelocke.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "nippersounds\nmab_fatboyslim_world.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "nippersounds\nmab_coldplay_clocks.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "nippersounds\nmab_jonbrion_row.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "nippersounds\nmab_ericserra_5thelement.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository

We have the files setup correctly on the server, and on our webspace for the fast downloadurl.
I completely deleted all these files from my own setup, went into the server, all were placed into my folder as directed above...but still the same issue. Is there a simple fix/solution/command we're missing here?

Thank you very much.

p.s. Googling the issue has been attempted and did not resolve the issue.
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Re: Issue with sounds for Nipper Maps ~ CSS

Post by Wolsk » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:09 am

Welcome to J2!
I'd suggest posting here as that's where Nipper usually posts.
Good luck.
Manox

Post by Manox » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:24 am

Wolsk wrote:Welcome to J2!
I'd suggest posting here as that's where Nipper usually posts.
Good luck.
Hello, trying to follow the link you posted but get "You are not authorised to read this forum."

Need a solution for the Nippersounds problem Captain Jack Sparrow posted.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Manox wrote:Hello, trying to follow the link you posted but get "You are not authorised to read this forum."
Did you activate your forum account through your email?
Muffin

Post by Muffin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:14 pm

I get the same message when I click that link too, it's not an issue with his account
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Oh, I see the problem. The link was just to nipper's old subforum, which has now been dumped.
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:40 am

I noticed this shit for a while.

For some reason, a lot of custom sounds in a lot of custom maps dont even play anymore.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:20 pm

The problem is probably lack of a .res file for the map. The file isn't being added to your downloads table, so it doesn't know that the client needs to download it.
NNNyc

Post by NNNyc » Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 pm

bl4nk wrote:The problem is probably lack of a .res file for the map. The file isn't being added to your downloads table, so it doesn't know that the client needs to download it.
Wow Bl4nk you still alive lol great to see so many names still around