Cold Stream Beta Release

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
japanimater

Cold Stream Beta Release

Post by japanimater » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 pm

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=5150
Today we are releasing the beta version of Cold Stream. Since we announced it, Matthew has been hard at work on the map and the initial release looks a little more polished than you may have expected.

The reason for that is the difference between how we work on a campaign compared to modders. When we work on a campaign, we normally work in a rougher state without textures for a long period. Level design artists come in later and give the game its finished look with textures.

Modders often texture early as they have to create the structures based on the available artwork. They don’t have a team of artists coming in after them. So don’t let the level of texturing fool you. The campaign is still in flux.
If it wasn't for Crysis 2 then I would probably play this tonight, well, have fun without me.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
Digamma

Re: Cold Stream Beta Release

Post by Digamma » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:28 am

Played it today. I like the setting, but it still needs a lot of work. I found that it's a bit confusing on where the survivors need to go some of the time.
NIPPER

Re: Cold Stream Beta Release

Post by NIPPER » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:46 pm

Cold Steam is great, it seemed really challenging even on normal but maybe that's because I haven't played l4d2 in a while. That panic event where you run down the stairs with all the water flowing in was crazy.