<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: New Nintendo Home Console

Post by Django » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm just buying it for the new zeldametroidmario
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:34 pm

im just gonna go on record and say that i love motion control when used correctly (Red Steel 2, Metroid Prime 3...) and touch screens really help certain types of games

also, A1dan, what road? Nintendo has ALWAYS tried out new ways tto control games, its not like this is new
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:45 pm

I've never really had fun with a game using motion control for more than an hour.

Wii Sports was really fun for like the first 2 or 3 weeks I had my wii. Then I just kinda got bored and would always switch to a gamecube control whenever I played a new game.

My friend got Wii Fit right before school ended. He lived really close to me so I'd visit him all the time during the summer, but we only played Wii Fit once, and just played Melee for the rest of the summer.

I think motion control has potential, but it needs to be more than just a gimmick, and really invent a new type of game. If I wanted to play a shooter, I'd play it on a PC. If I wanted to play a 3rd Person Action game, give me a controller. Give me game that would be only playable with motion control that's more fleshed out than silly gimmicky party games.
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:46 pm

red steel 2
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:im just gonna go on record and say that i love motion control when used correctly (Red Steel 2, Metroid Prime 3...) and touch screens really help certain types of games

also, A1dan, what road? Nintendo has ALWAYS tried out new ways tto control games, its not like this is new
What? Nes, SNES, n64 and gamecube were all simple button controllers.. and all the gameboys were as well. (Sure there was virtual boy, powerglove, mouse (mario paint), but all of those failed miserably.)

But that changed with the ds/wii, so I don't know how that's even CLOSE to always? Maybe if you're 15 years old it feels like always, but to me it feels like the Nintendo I grew up with is long gone.
ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:58 pm

NES pioneered the dpad
SNES pioneered the shoulder buttons (noot a massive change, but still)
N64 pioneered the analog stick
Gamecube is really the only nintendo home console that didnt try and innovate control all that much

Nintendo is the same as you knew it, stop the hate bro

MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:03 pm

I think the difference is all of that shit is it made sense, whereas the touch screens and motion things are pretty gimmicky.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Shoulder buttons are still just simple buttons and didn't change the way games were played very much. The Atari & Playstation used analogs before n64.

I don't understand how you can be such a fanboy, were you raised by Shigeru Miyamoto? How can a COMPANY do nothing wrong in your eyes?

I'm still a fan of Nintendo and out of the three top companies they're still my favourite, but I just think they're taking a stupid path.

I remember growing up and seeing those fucking gimmicky baseball/shooting AV plugin games and thinking "What a piece of shit, my nes/snes/n64 has a fucking controller I don't need to stand around waving my arms like an idiot." and now that's exactly what they're becoming, a fucking joke.
ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Nintendo always sticks out as the frontier of innovation, also to that list I believe the Wii was the first with Motion control. And then the rest followed. I haz faith in Nintendo.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:20 pm

yeah just calling bullshitt on Sony using analog before nintendo, the original psx controller did not have analog sticks

and yes, the atari 5200 used an analog stick, that sucked and pretty much broke the entire controller after maybe an hour of use

after that, analog sticks werent really viable until the industry moved into 3D graphics, which is what the N64 pioneered.

i'll admitt when nintendo makes a blunder or when they make a choice i dont agree with, but ive always been a fan of motion control.

lets just agree to disagree

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:27 pm

Pent who you talking to I never said anything about analog sticks. I think Sony is awesome. I dont like xbox though... the game Halo is good. If it wasn't for that company that microsoft bought, that console would have never flourished. And from what I heard it was originally gonna be for the comp and had way better features but they had to shrink it for the console at the time. Only one can wonder what they would have been able to do if they werent bought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bungie
Bungie's Wiki wrote:n 1999, Bungie announced its next product, Halo, as a first-person action game for Windows and Macintosh.[15] Halo's public unveiling occurred at the Macworld Expo 1999 keynote address by Apple's then-interim-CEO Steve Jobs (after a closed-door screening at E3 in 1999).[15]

On June 19, 2000, soon after Halo's preview at Electronic Entertainment Expo 2000, Microsoft announced that it had acquired Bungie Software and that Bungie would become a part of the Microsoft Game Division under the name Bungie Studios. Halo would be developed as an exclusive title for the Xbox.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:28 pm

i was talking to A1dan, not you NW :p

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:29 pm

Okies baby ;3
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:33 pm

i ain't worried. A powerful nintendo system seems to be their goal which I'm down for. I believe the future of gaming consoles in general will be pushed toward the "multi-media entertainment center" ideal & Nintendo should atleast try to keep up. Netflix, Hulu, dvr, even Kinect Hub could be interesting if done right but I expect even better stuff coming.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:02 am

New controller's special ability has been essentially confirmed

you'll be able to stream full games to the screen, and play it away from the TV

the screen will also feature HD resolution

So essentially, if you want to play the new Zelda game, but someone wants to use the TV for a movie, you can just stream it to the controller and play it from there

http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1162045p1.html
http://gear.ign.com/articles/116/1162204p1.html

im all excited for this new console, Nintendo knows what mistakes it made with the Wii and are rectifying them here. And as much as I love my Wii, it's nice to see some traditional stuff from Nintendo while keeping that edge.