What the fuck Sony?

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
japanimater

Re: What the fuck Sony?

Post by japanimater » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Rat-morningstar wrote:word's going around that is was an "anonymous" action
It could go either way. It could be a stunt orchestrated by Sony to have more of a reason to not only persue Anon for damages, but to also get the US government to trace them and REALLY rape them. Or it could be a action of Anon to get the Sony fans to denounce them, as for the info they "may" have, I don't know.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
Waterbear

Post by Waterbear » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:42 pm

12:13 PM - jermm: man I haven't taken a poop that needs a plunger in years
12:13 PM - jermm: my body is failing me
g
koko
[citation needed]

Post by koko » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:52 pm

japanimater wrote:Class action lawsuit against Sony. That's all i'm saying.

# Your name (Don't care)
# Your address (city, state, and zip)(Don't care, if someone wants to pay me a visit to rob me then they'll be having a meal of M16 muzzel for dinner and shitting out 5.56 rounds)
# Country (Don't care)
# E-mail address (I get enough spam as is, so I know what to delete)
# Birthday (Don't care)
# PSN password and login name (Don't care since i've only accessed my account from one ip the entire time. If I find out I can't log-in i'll just contact support.)
The only thing I don't know about is my card PSN has on record since I am a PS1 classics whore. It is actually a debit card and is attached to a online bank account so I can oversee any and all deposits and withdrawals. Would there be anything someone could do with it that I wouldn't be able to see on my online bank account?
not a PSN user but i can say about the same the only diff is i use a SKS and its 7.62x39
CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:52 pm

ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:53 pm

Sony wrote:The entire credit card table was encrypted and we have no evidence that credit card data was taken. The personal data table, which is a separate data set, was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system that was breached in a malicious attack.
---
Sony wrote:While all credit card information stored in our systems is encrypted and there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained. Keep in mind, however that your credit card security code (sometimes called a CVC or CSC number) has not been obtained because we never requested it from anyone who has joined the PlayStation Network or Qriocity, and is therefore not stored anywhere in our system.
tl;dr version: Credit Card information was encrypted while everything else was plaintext.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/ ... -services/
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:32 pm

What a hater
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:28 pm

And the true winners continue to be those without a Playstation 3.
OddaJosh
I'm Tripping Out

Post by OddaJosh » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:12 pm

a1dan wrote:The hackers have all your personal information, although Sony is still unsure about whether your credit card data is safe. Everything else on file when it comes to your account is in the hands of the hackers.

Grndslmhttr3 wrote:I don't know how you did it but I think you managed to become the worst poster on these forums
Platty wrote:But, yeah, have a fedora, too.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:59 pm

personally Id say no one is winning in this situation, considering Xbox players are being phished on a far more consistent basis

yeah, PSN being down is annoying, but the knowledge that the CC info WAS encrypted and that its not looking like they got that info makes this far more tolerable
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Sk1n

Post by Sk1n » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:32 am

Pentagram.J2 wrote:personally Id say no one is winning in this situation, considering Xbox players are being phished on a far more consistent basis

yeah, PSN being down is annoying, but the knowledge that the CC info WAS encrypted and that its not looking like they got that info makes this far more tolerable
So they have made a statement saying credit card info is ok?
I’m afraid of two things: women and snakes. They both have the ability to hurt me and make it look like it was my fault.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:38 am

they said that there's no evidence that anything like taht was taken as it was on a completely separate area and was encrypted there. MasterWholigans made a post about it here
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Sk1n

Post by Sk1n » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:44 am

Pentagram.J2 wrote:they said that there's no evidence that anything like taht was taken as it was on a completely separate area and was encrypted there. MasterWholigans made a post about it here
Ah ok. Just scrolled up and read it. I'm breathing a little easier but still seing news reports that the hackers claimed they got credit card info. Might just be e-peen flexing though.
I’m afraid of two things: women and snakes. They both have the ability to hurt me and make it look like it was my fault.
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:27 pm

They have it, Sony is just waiting 7 days to report it.
ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Sun May 01, 2011 11:21 am

Canceled mine anyway, dealing with the ramifications of THAT pain in the ass now.

People making videos about throwing away their PS3's are just being moronic. I don't jump to Apple when a new Windows virus comes out, and from what I know Xbox is a lot less secure, just because of it's links to everything Microsoft on PC's - the same info used for GFWL and Hotmail, for example.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Tue May 03, 2011 1:52 am

Sony Online loses 12,700 credit card account numbers, 24.6 million accounts compromised.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/02/sony- ... t-card-nu/
ImageImageImageImage