Osama Bin Laden dead, Body in US hands

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Re: Osama bin Laden has been killed!

Post by A Ninja » Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 am

If you don't care about a mass murderer being brought to justice then I honestly don't care much about your opinion anyway.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Tue May 03, 2011 2:30 am

Here's hoping they don't nuke back in retort.
ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Tue May 03, 2011 3:04 am

...justice is standing trial.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet - Abraham Lincoln
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue May 03, 2011 3:08 am

A Ninja wrote:If you don't care about a mass murderer being brought to justice then I honestly don't care much about your opinion anyway.
you don't care about mass murderers being brought to justice either. actually i care MORE because i care about the REAL mass murderers - the people who allow MILLIONS of people to die. you just care about this one trivial guy because of one event, which is incredibly shallow. so let's not judge others, shall we?

also lol @ justice. he was assassinated and dumped off a ship
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Tue May 03, 2011 3:48 am

His body was buried at sea in best accordance as possible with Muslim law. If they US had buried him on land then a shrine would be erected and it would be a beacon for terrorists and extremists, as it is now they don't know where his body is. The fact that we gave him an Islamic burial was to prove that we are not fighting a war against Islam, but a war on terror.

How can you NOT acknowledge that he was responsible for the deaths of thousands, that doesn't sound trivial to me, it sounds like you just have a disregard for human life, if you can't care about thousands how are you supposed to care about millions?
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue May 03, 2011 6:51 am

you only care when the tv tells you to. you don't care that the ceo of union carbide killed 3700+ people in bhopal india or the ceo of mcdonalds advertises happy meals to kids causing millions of them to get diabetes or the republicans in congress who vote against pollution regulations thus causing tens of millions of people to get cancer or george bush who invaded iraq for no reason causing hundreds of thousands of innocent people to die.

BUT FUCK OSAMA! HELL YEAH GO USA #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also good point about muslim law except what? who said anything about that?
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue May 03, 2011 9:57 am

Yeah, celebrating your enemy's deaths is kinda low ,but one the reasons
of why the current conflict in the afghan-Pakistan border is still ongoing
is because warlords in that area still opt for a violent resistance/control of the zone.

It is undeniable that Osama, while not a warlord himself, had a particularly
strong influence among this factions/leaders. We have a specific word for this called
Caudillism. Yes, Osama might not be the criminal terrorist mastermind that the
western world demonized ,but he was a "Caudillo" keeping the fighting ongoing.
Imprisoning him or taking him out is not all that of a bad idea. Also, he was not
just located to be killed on sight. The reason for his death has more to do with
the fact that his posse was armed.

Yes, people are still mass murdering in the word with non-violent methods ,and not even
seen as criminals. Yes, this doesn't mean the any of the current conflicts in which the USA
is taking participation will be over, in the slightest. Yes, America is still on economic doom, unequal
,and without healthcare. Yes, Obama is still a run-of-the-mill president.

But at least, One man responsible of something really bad was taken into justice for once.
That deserves some sort of credit. Doesn't it?
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Tue May 03, 2011 11:48 am

You said he was dumped off a ship, I explained that he was buried in accordance with Islamic law. Joe, I never said that I didn't care about those things, but that isn't what this topic is about. If you want to make a topic about those issues I'll gladly put in my concern about them. I don't understand how you can celebrate CEO's and even insignificant douchebags getting what is coming to them, but you can't understand why people are happy about Osama Bin Laden's death. Take off your blinders, there's a reason that his death was front page on newspapers around the world.
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Tue May 03, 2011 11:49 am

the ceo of mcdonalds advertises happy meals to kids causing millions of them to get diabetes
See, now you're just into Nightwolf territory, sheesh man.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue May 03, 2011 11:59 am

eh i don't really feel like explaining, and i don't give a shit about this topic. so go do whatever
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Tue May 03, 2011 12:09 pm

joe wrote:eh i don't really feel like explaining, and i don't give a shit about this topic. so go do whatever
Keep on being ignorant bro.
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Tue May 03, 2011 12:11 pm

is this really so hard to just let go?
can't you just agree to disagree?

this isn't about who's right, it's friggin opinions

in fact they're both right
yes, lots of people are dying from other shit than terrorists funded by osama
and yes, finally finding him (i've see facebook groups claiming him to be world champion hide and seek 2001-2011) is an achievement, but it's more a mental thing

unless terrorism (or, to a lesser extent, al quaeda terrorism) stops (or greatly diminishes, possibly after a last attack for revenge) before next year, i don't believe killing him really made a difference
and don't argue about that before 2012
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Tue May 03, 2011 12:13 pm

You're right Nightfantom, unless all terrorism in the world just stops somehow, we should stop pursuing the leaders of terrorist organizations because that's just silly. Good logic.

I accept that joe doesn't care about his death, I want joe to recognize the legitimate reasons why other people do though.
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Tue May 03, 2011 1:00 pm

A Ninja wrote:the leaders of terrorist organizations
that's my point exactly

he isn't one anymore and hasn't been for a long time

sure you should pursue the leaders, but killing an old guy that once did, admittedly, bad things isn't that much of an achievement in the war against terrorism

it IS however, good for the morals of the people, and that shouldn't be underestimated, but personally i think the only achievement would be that terrorism stopped, which, again, isn't a reason to stop pursuing the leaders

and yes, recognize each other's points, and agree to disagree
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Tue May 03, 2011 1:15 pm

You're right, killing Osama Bid Laden did nothing. Sure, he was responsible for dozens of terrorist attacks, but that was years ago, now he's just an old man, so there's no point in bringing him to justice, I mean the past is the past, right?

Killing him totally wouldn't send a huge moral blow to extremists either, I mean that would just be silly.