Rage

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
joe
The Big Cheese

Rage

Post by joe » Thu May 05, 2011 1:07 pm

been hearing about it for 5 years and this is the first actual gameplay i've seen. looks like a must-buy so far

supposedly it has revolutionary technology in the engine but you can't tell from this video
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Bloodkraze

Re: Rage

Post by Bloodkraze » Thu May 05, 2011 1:12 pm

I think it's an awesome looking game, been following it for awhile.

you can pre-order it on steam... for $60, which saddens me. I don't like seeing PC games at the $60 which is generally the standard for console games.
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Thu May 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Dayum, Bethesda AND ID!? This is going to be good. It just saddens me to see yet another game with regenerating health. I miss the good ol' days of the tension of having only a sliver of health left and trying to be extra careful until you can get a health pick-up or heal yourself.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Thu May 05, 2011 4:00 pm

but it has bloody screen effects!

looks cool, I dig the spider turret
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu May 05, 2011 4:01 pm

joe wrote:Looks like a must-buy so far. Supposedly it has revolutionary technology in the engine but you can't tell from this video
Alright, this game uses the new id Tech 5 engine which uses super textures, and other fancy stuff.
So it will look good ,and run nicely because the system requirements are not crazy high. The only
thing i'm not liking is the face models for the characters, which like Doom 3 look robotic.

Speaking of Doom 3, i noticed a lot of elements recycled from that game into this one.
The machine gun reloads exactly the same, the slow firing shotgun, the spider robot that
assist you in killing enemies.

So far the only things that i don't like is the artistic design not because it's done poorly ,but
because , i mean post-apocalyptic future that takes place in the desert. Wonder where they
could have got that idea?
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Thu May 05, 2011 5:13 pm

If it's post apocalyptic, you can't expect only humans/creatures to die out. That would be the result of some kind of widespread disease or genocide from a alien invasion. It also wouldn't be apocalyptic unless the basis of the food chains didn't die out too.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
Lad Stankfoot
Martyn J. Bootyspoon
Martyn J. Bootyspoon

Post by Lad Stankfoot » Thu May 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Doesn't look all that ground-breaking, but I'll probably get it. It looks so fucking...brown, though. I'm tired of games colored in shades of brown and yellow. Part of the reason I'm enjoying Borderlands so much is because it has such a joyously colorful art style.
Last edited by Lad Stankfoot on Thu May 05, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fan0721pke wrote:Make sure all open sores on penis have thoroughly dried and wholesale touch screen laptops scabbed over before use.When taking four cocks in the ass, make sure to have an equal amount of cock in your mouth to reduce the risk of CHI imbalance.
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Thu May 05, 2011 5:24 pm

japanimater wrote:If it's post apocalyptic, you can't expect only humans/creatures to die out. That would be the result of some kind of widespread disease or genocide from a alien invasion. It also wouldn't be apocalyptic unless the basis of the food chains didn't die out too.
apocalypse, everyone died except many animals (not including humans in this sector for my argument) and plants and small stuffs like fungi and bacteria and viruses and shits because they're not as weak as humans

solved :D
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
Why?
I DON'T MAKE MAPS!!!™

Post by Why? » Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 pm

japanimater wrote:Dayum, Bethesda AND ID!? This is going to be good. It just saddens me to see yet another game with regenerating health. I miss the good ol' days of the tension of having only a sliver of health left and trying to be extra careful until you can get a health pick-up or heal yourself.
Especially since ID is famous for their health packs; oh what have they become!
"Too awesome to play; too legit to quit." — Team Spectator Motto

MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Thu May 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Doesn't look like anything special.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Thu May 05, 2011 9:06 pm

japanimater wrote:It just saddens me to see yet another game with regenerating health. I miss the good ol' days of the tension of having only a sliver of health left and trying to be extra careful until you can get a health pick-up or heal yourself.
I think he had a health bar, but since it was a demo, he had tons of life.
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 pm

The AI's look really good.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Thu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Wolsk wrote:The AI's look really good.
Assuming that was sarcasm, I believe it might be because this section of the game is played early on. Presumably, the enemies get smarter and harder to kill as you progress through the game.
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Thu May 05, 2011 11:38 pm

That wasn't sarcasm... :/
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Thu May 05, 2011 11:56 pm

MrBlip wrote:Doesn't look like anything special.
Pretty much. I think the engine looks interesting, and I'd like to see what they do with that, but the corridor shooting is looking pretty generic and the driving just seems kinda goofy and out of place.

I'll reserve final judgment until I've actually played it, but there's just not much catching my eye.