Ask me about LoL -I'll help you pwn/I'm awesome

multiplayer online battle arena (DotA, LoL, HoN, DotA2, etc.)
Me_EB

Ask me about LoL -I'll help you pwn/I'm awesome

Post by Me_EB » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:19 pm

I have been playing this game a great deal for about a year now, I have around 2000 matches played at a rather competitive level. I have played with many of the top players in the world. My elo is only like 1430, but I never play ranked due to the large group of people I usually play with. Also the people I play against in normal games are much better than those I play with and against at 1430 elo in ranked. I have won about 300 more games than I have lost in normals.
I am a very knowledgeable person when it comes to this game. So ask away and I'll help you out.

How can I lane against champ X as champ Y?
What should I build on champ X?
What is your opinion of champ X?
What runes/masteries should i bring?
How do i do better as champ X?
Who should I unlock next?

Just some example questions feel free to fire away whatever else you might want to know?
joe
The Big Cheese

Re: Ask me about LoL -I'll help you pwn/I'm awesome

Post by joe » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:34 pm

I have a question for you

How come you've never invited me to a game?
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
ammaraskar

Post by ammaraskar » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Any masteries/runes suggestions for warwick?

Ikri - About to head home now. If I'm not back in Eugene in 10 hours, it's probably because we hit a deer and the deer won, or lost, depending on how you look at the situation. Ouch.
Neelpos - If it's still alive after the collision slit its throat for messing up your car, then drink its blood to gain its power.

<+collinday> gamesurge is obviously highly unstable... like windows ME
<@benderj2> collinday: YOUR MOM is obviously highly unstable... like windows ME
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:12 pm

joe wrote:I have a question for you

How come you've never invited me to a game?
I've been out of town and I usually have 5 when i play as well
ammaraskar wrote:Any masteries/runes suggestions for warwick?
http://www.fieldsofjustice.com/m/#/ZuPqalaxlqZaueyunxu
Smite/Flash for jungle WW.
Runes:
Red - Attack Speed
Yellow - Flat Armor
Blue - (choices here)Magic resist per level, flat magic resist, attack speed, or cdr.
Quints - Move Speed(Attack speed, Health, or Armor pen will work as well)
I start longsword + hp pot when i jungle ww. He can jungle whichever route he wants. A personal fav is enemy red enemy golems my blue then into a normal clear.

Also this makes me think of some general advice. As you approach level 20 (or if you have no runes) there are several runes i think to be the most useful ones to unlock early.
Flat resistance runes help early game in laning, and the penetration runes are just op.
Red - Armor pen and Mage pen
Yellow - Flat Armor
Blue - Flat Magic Resist
Quints - Move Speed or flat Health
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:03 pm

AP/Level or Flat AP as Katarina? I currently use M.Pen runes for red, and flat ap runes for yellow/blue/quints. I get bouncing blades first, shunpo second. My idea is that at level 2 I can shunpo someone for a pretty good bit of damage.

However, at level 6 the AP/Level runes become better than the flat AP runes, which could still be considered early game, so I'm really not entirely sure which ones I should be using. The flat AP quints are better up to level 11.

Also the M.Pen runes become devalued as target MR increases. Are they worth keeping?

I'm only level 26, so I'm missing out on 4 rune slots and 4 mastery points, but my mastery tree will look something like this at level 30:
http://www.fieldsofjustice.com/m/#/ylwZuqZlleZawly
I pick up cripple because it increases how much damage I can do to someone (slightly). I have a hard time finding things in the offense tree that can really help me out, and justify me going for the extra 5% damage. A lot of the survivability stuff in the defense tree seems more useful to me than, say, crit chance, crit damage, or a tiny bit if attack damage.

Is this ok? Or am I undervaluing those things in the offense tree?

I'm mostly looking for ways to improve my early game performance. I've found if I can get ahead in the early game, then I can REALLY wreck havoc late game.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:19 pm

whaddaya say about rammus?

i'm thinking about what runes i need to take for normal laning and which ones for jungling
in endgame i usually have mana and cooldowns as problems so i usually rock those, (scaling mp regen + flat CD + flat HP quints + Mpen reds since reds don't have anything good on defence)
as jungler i use flat armor yellows and scaling mreg blues and Ppen and still HP quints

masteries i usually go 0/9/21 or 0/21/9 (or as jungler 1/8/21)

problem is, as jungler, i don't have any health left after i do my first run through every minion, and going back to base first makes my buffs run out etc etc, i'm not sure what to do with that
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:19 pm

MrBlip wrote:AP/Level or Flat AP as Katarina? I currently use M.Pen runes for red, and flat ap runes for yellow/blue/quints. I get bouncing blades first, shunpo second. My idea is that at level 2 I can shunpo someone for a pretty good bit of damage.

However, at level 6 the AP/Level runes become better than the flat AP runes, which could still be considered early game, so I'm really not entirely sure which ones I should be using. The flat AP quints are better up to level 11.

Also the M.Pen runes become devalued as target MR increases. Are they worth keeping?

I'm only level 26, so I'm missing out on 4 rune slots and 4 mastery points, but my mastery tree will look something like this at level 30:
http://www.fieldsofjustice.com/m/#/ylwZuqZlleZawly
I pick up cripple because it increases how much damage I can do to someone (slightly). I have a hard time finding things in the offense tree that can really help me out, and justify me going for the extra 5% damage. A lot of the survivability stuff in the defense tree seems more useful to me than, say, crit chance, crit damage, or a tiny bit if attack damage.

Is this ok? Or am I undervaluing those things in the offense tree?

I'm mostly looking for ways to improve my early game performance. I've found if I can get ahead in the early game, then I can REALLY wreck havoc late game.
Although it is true that Katarina needs to get ahead early game to really do well late game, I wouldn't run flat ap blues and yellows on her. I would run per level on blue and yellow and flat on my quints. Katarina is unlikely to kill anything before level six (aside from aggressive plays from enemies). So the per level will be more beneficial.
Mpen runes are OP.
Also your masteries set up is what I would run as well. I would bring ignite > exhaust tho. As katarina I would count on either A. Assassinating the target so cc doesn't matter or B. Counting on my team to cc them in range of me. Ignite gives you more burst, and is an incredibly strong summoner skill because it isn't nullified by flash (like exhaust can be).
I find gunblade to be a very strong item especially for the active. Rylai's and Hat would be the other core items.
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Gunblade is typically the first thing I build (after boots), unless I notice the other team building MR early, in which case I'll switch to a void staff.

One of the things I like about Cripple is I can use it to put someone into negative magic resistance, increasing the damage I do, but I have been noticing those occurrences are becoming less and less. I'll go back to playing with ignite and see what I can do.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:15 pm

NightFantom wrote:whaddaya say about rammus?

i'm thinking about what runes i need to take for normal laning and which ones for jungling
in endgame i usually have mana and cooldowns as problems so i usually rock those, (scaling mp regen + flat CD + flat HP quints + Mpen reds since reds don't have anything good on defence)
as jungler i use flat armor yellows and scaling mreg blues and Ppen and still HP quints

problem is, as jungler, i don't have any health left after i do my first run through every minion, and going back to base first makes my buffs run out etc etc, i'm not sure what to do with that
Ooops i typed out a response to this and closed the browser without submitting it >.<

My opinion of rammus is this: He is weak as a laner due to lack of range, and his jungle isn't extra strong after the first run because he is slow and he doesn't stay high hp. I suggest playing rammus as a roamer.
My build for "300 elo super derp roam rammus":
Mobility boots
philo stone
heart of gold
shurelia's
Situational (Randuin's and Abyssal scepter are good)
Ignite/Flash
Early game roam around and gank remembering to level up some because rammus' defense goes up w/ level.
In teamfights your job is to anti-carry their ranged dps. Haul ass in w/ shurelia's ult and taunt ignite use randuin's active once your taunt wears off.
Masteries something like this http://fieldsofjustice.com/m/#/uZawZuqZllaZlqZauey
orrr 9/0/21 for flash and ignite spam which is also very strong.

This is a really fun way to play rammus and i personally think it is the most effective one as well.
Draupniro

Post by Draupniro » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 pm

perhaps an ashe build/ ideas for runes/masteries? or am i doing alright with my current setup?

i generally build ashe
doran blade -> boots of swiftness -> Infinity Edge -> Phantom Dancer -> (here is usually where i choose an item depending on situation. BV for heavy CC, bloodrazor for enemies with a lot of hp or either black cleaver or bloodthirster if i think i need more armor pen or some life steal) -> then usually a B.F sword into black cleaver/ bloodthirster ( if i got one in the previous slot i get the other) by then usually the game is over but i would think to sell the doran blade and buy either a B.F sword into blood thirster of a phantom dancer

im level 27 atm and so my masteries are: http://www.fieldsofjustice.com/m/#/aZueZaPPqluwyaZau

my reds/quints are armor pen and my yellows/blues are attack speed (recently thought about AD per level yellows/blues then going for attack speed first not sure on it though)
MineCraft username: Draupniro
Steam name: TheDuckening
LeagueOfLegends name: TheDuckening
Estroy wrote:Fuck, got owned by draup.
<j2server_mc2> <Pennoy999> <ADMIN> You sexeh individual :L
Anatidaephobia
The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:24 am

Draupniro wrote:perhaps an ashe build/ ideas for runes/masteries? or am i doing alright with my current setup?

i generally build ashe
doran blade -> boots of swiftness -> Infinity Edge -> Phantom Dancer -> (here is usually where i choose an item depending on situation. BV for heavy CC, bloodrazor for enemies with a lot of hp or either black cleaver or bloodthirster if i think i need more armor pen or some life steal) -> then usually a B.F sword into black cleaver/ bloodthirster ( if i got one in the previous slot i get the other) by then usually the game is over but i would think to sell the doran blade and buy either a B.F sword into blood thirster of a phantom dancer

im level 27 atm and so my masteries are: http://www.fieldsofjustice.com/m/#/aZueZaPPqluwyaZau

my reds/quints are armor pen and my yellows/blues are attack speed (recently thought about AD per level yellows/blues then going for attack speed first not sure on it though)
My masteries would look like this http://fieldsofjustice.com/m/#/aZuwuZanaayllPZl
Offensive spec is the way to go on ranged carries.

As for item build i would likely go zerkers > swiftness but that is personal preference.
The key item that you have omitted from your item build is Last Whisper. Last Whisper is an INCREDIBLE item it adds insane damage. Especially to tanks. Bloodrazer is not a ranged carry item. Its for tanky dps that will stay alive a long time due to tankiness and sustain the same goes with black cleaver.

I would be careful about using offensive yellow and blue runes in a solo lane. Ashe can be very easy to push around in lane so defensive runes help prevent getting too abused. If you are side laning with a support absolutely bring more offensive runes.
My build would look like boots > dblades(if forced back) >IEdge>zeal>Last Whisper>Phantom>BT (BVeil goes in when/if it becomes necessary)
CheeseRocks

Post by CheeseRocks » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:30 am

What about anivia? I currently use 9/0/21 masteries. Mpen reds, ap per level yellows and blues. What quints do you think I should get? Item build usually goes :
Mana Crystal > Catalyst > Sorc shoes > Mejas (If good early game) > Rod of Ages > Deatchcap > Void Staff > BansheesVeil. Banshees is usually earlier if I am getting focused down a lot, what do you think, suggestions please? :P
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:32 pm

CheeseRocks wrote:What about anivia? I currently use 9/0/21 masteries. Mpen reds, ap per level yellows and blues. What quints do you think I should get? Item build usually goes :
Mana Crystal > Catalyst > Sorc shoes > Mejas (If good early game) > Rod of Ages > Deatchcap > Void Staff > BansheesVeil. Banshees is usually earlier if I am getting focused down a lot, what do you think, suggestions please? :P
Your Anivia build is pretty much right on. Quints should be flat ap.
I would probably build
Mana Crystal > Cata>Deathcap>(Rod of Ages)>VoidStaff>Banshees>HourGlass

Rod of Ages should be avoided if possible, but if they have powerful anticarries and your team can't protect you from them, then get RoA, otherwise you want the big AP to nuke stuff.
Sub-Merge

Post by Sub-Merge » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Suggestions for gp as in runes and build?
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Me_EB wrote:
NightFantom wrote:whaddaya say about rammus?

Ooops i typed out a response to this and closed the browser without submitting it >.<

My opinion of rammus is this: He is weak as a laner due to lack of range, and his jungle isn't extra strong after the first run because he is slow and he doesn't stay high hp. I suggest playing rammus as a roamer.
My build for "300 elo super derp roam rammus":
Mobility boots
philo stone
heart of gold
shurelia's
Situational (Randuin's and Abyssal scepter are good)
Ignite/Flash
Early game roam around and gank remembering to level up some because rammus' defense goes up w/ level.
In teamfights your job is to anti-carry their ranged dps. Haul ass in w/ shurelia's ult and taunt ignite use randuin's active once your taunt wears off.
Masteries something like this http://fieldsofjustice.com/m/#/uZawZuqZllaZlqZauey
orrr 9/0/21 for flash and ignite spam which is also very strong.

This is a really fun way to play rammus and i personally think it is the most effective one as well.
hmm this seems like i'd have quite low defensive stats (and frankly i always forget active items :C )
i'd rather be able to tank in teamfights, and just my z isn't enough against most teams
my typical built on rammus is doran's shield, mercury's threads and heart of gold
next up a armor and mr item (typically thornmail + banshee's), order depending on the damage
next up another one (now typically FoN and finishing randuin's)
then to finish probably a warmogs or w/e, the game's usually over if i get that much gold, one way or the other

if i have those items, i can barely tank the enemy team long enough (using my z too) to get my team to kill them

how would i be able to tank if i build *lesser* items? (and agreed, my lack of using my actives is probably something too)

and as laner i can hold my own most of the time, if we have a jungler i'm usually the one taking the 1v2 lane and, well, surviving long enough to get into mid- to lategame where i can show off

i'd just like to be able to jungle effectively (so i don't need to lane without range) and still be able to tank
i can jungle without problems (kinda, i keep up with the other people's level if i don't get interrupted, fuck twitch :C ) but i need to go back to base after each buff instead of being able to gank

anyway as soon as i have the ip i'm buying galio, then i'm playing ranked so i can counterpick (rammus vs ad, galio vs ap)

or not, we'll see

by the way, speaking for all of us i think, thanks for wasting your time on us annoying and unthankful asses :p
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos