Another night, another sf map

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Another night, another sf map

Post by MrBlip » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Another rtv failed leaving us on the same shitty map because this new rtv system fucking sucks.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
Cow
pl w+4 b
<b>pl w+4 b</b>

Re: Another night, another sf map

Post by Cow » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm

stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:55 pm

MrBlip wrote:Another rtv failed leaving us on the same shitty map because this new rtv system fucking sucks balls.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
cold_blade

Post by cold_blade » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Woah woah woah. Slow down, champ. What does any of that have to do with SF maps?
Ninge wrote:Seeing how I am the oldest member here, besides joe, you must please me with something or joe
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 pm

sf maps are shitty, which is why everyone tried to rtv off the map, but it failed, so we were stuck on the same shitty sf map.

Wasn't a too big of a deal this time, though. Everyone on the blue team just went sniper and practically afk'd while the red team capped so we could get the fuck off of it.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:39 pm

I have no issue with SF, at all, but the nominate system is definitely a server killer whenever the voting fails. Just deactivate voting failure, I can deal with the disabling of a game mode after a map of that mode gets nominated. It's frustrating when you want to nominate a specific map & forces us to stick on overplayed maps like rooftime because some kid quickly nominated it. But, whatever.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:12 am

MrBlip wrote:Another rtv failed leaving us on the same shitty map because this new rtv system fucking sucks.
i'm not sure what you hoped to accomplish with this thread. why don't you do something about it instead of just being obnoxious?
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Lad Stankfoot
Martyn J. Bootyspoon
Martyn J. Bootyspoon

Post by Lad Stankfoot » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:13 am

joe wrote:
MrBlip wrote:Another rtv failed leaving us on the same shitty map because this new rtv system fucking sucks.
i'm not sure what you hoped to accomplish with this thread. why don't you do something about it instead of just being obnoxious?
What are we supposed to do, mr. senior admin? It's not like we can edit the plugin.
fan0721pke wrote:Make sure all open sores on penis have thoroughly dried and wholesale touch screen laptops scabbed over before use.When taking four cocks in the ass, make sure to have an equal amount of cock in your mouth to reduce the risk of CHI imbalance.
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:28 am

The problem with the nomination system is pretty simple: When you rock the vote to go to a new map, if a map doesn't receive a majority doesn't get a vote, the map doesn't change, which is kind of silly since most people want the map the be changed. The other problem is that maps appear on the nominations list too frequently after being played. So we can play 6 maps in a row, and play rooftime twice.

The problem with sourceforts maps is that most of them are a grindfest. It takes time taking a wall down, so these maps last longer than usual CTF maps, pissing off lots of people. Plus, breakables don't block vis, so these maps run pretty terribly on most people's machines.
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 am

Lad Stankfoot wrote:What are we supposed to do, mr. senior admin? It's not like we can edit the plugin.
who can change it? how should they change it? do other people feel this way or is it just 1 person's opinion?
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:00 am

joe wrote:i'm not sure what you hoped to accomplish with this thread. why don't you do something about it instead of just being obnoxious?
Well what the fuck am I supposed to do? This is the third or fourth thread I've made on the issue. All the other threads have had other users agreeing with me that the new nomination system is terrible and they've all been filled with great ideas to fix it, yet nothing has been done.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:58 am

I thought I fixed this last night...
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

prolix

Post by prolix » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:36 pm

you did, this thread was before you fixed the runoffs
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:44 pm

If i recall, Twine.j2 was on the server a couple of days ago ,and he suddenly started asking about
the new voting system ,and if we got rid of most of the Source-forts maps.

To his surprise, people responded that most of the source maps were still there
,and he told us that there shouldn't be a reason for this since most of those maps
were specifically made by him during the time that making a source fort map
was possible for TF2. He explained that most of those maps were quickly made
,cookie cutter, and extremely simple lacking the capability of being considered "Good" maps.

I told him to get back into the forums, since he was the one who used add/delete maps on the server
back in the good ol' days. Still waiting for him...

Aside, yeah all sourceforts maps must be removed. Though, we can keep some of them if we get
into a consensus here in the forums ,and get to select the ones we consider the best and vote for
them. Also, keep some joke/micelánea maps on the server list ,and not on rotation just like Fieldtrip.

Finally, Mr. Blip if only were still an admin then you would have
simply change the map or run a vote, instead of making like 2 threads about it in the forums.
Well, to that i have to say TOUGH LUCK SCRUB!Image
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:22 pm

Django wrote:Finally, Mr. Blip if only were still an admin then you would have
simply change the map or run a vote, instead of making like 2 threads about it in the forums.
Well, to that i have to say TOUGH LUCK SCRUB!Image
Last time I applied for admin I was trial for fucking ever so I quit. Also the admin forum makes me angry sometimes.