Diablo III: Online only, No mods, Items for cash

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Re: Diablo III: Online only, No mods, Items for cash

Post by mbaxter » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Moved back to news
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Enjoy all items being valued in dollars by all players and rarely if ever being able to trade items for other items.
WOZZA wrote:And well done to destroying another topic..
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 pm

I rarely traded with anyone but my friends anyway.
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Avvatar wrote:I rarely traded with anyone but my friends anyway.
Good for you.
Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Anyone who wanted the best stuff in D2 HAD to trade with people outside of their friend circle (or buy off a third party site with cash). Or their friends had to trade with someone out of their friend circle. Now I don't know exactly how loot is going to be dropping in D3, but if it's anything like it dropped in D2, those of us who enjoyed the D2 bartering/trading system are going to be unhappy. I don't want to spend any more money on the game after buying it, and for people who are willing to spend money, they are going to constantly be having advantages. I'm not convinced that this is going to "ruin the game" for me, but I'm definitely not happy that they are adding this.
Avvatar

Post by Avvatar » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Gr¦m wrote:Anyone who wanted the best stuff in D2 HAD to trade with people outside of their friend circle (or buy off a third party site with cash). Or their friends had to trade with someone out of their friend circle.
Totally untrue.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:56 pm

But you can also make money off of this system too, right?
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

dantesus

Post by dantesus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Gr¦m wrote:Anyone who wanted the best stuff in D2 HAD to trade with people outside of their friend circle (or buy off a third party site with cash). Or their friends had to trade with someone out of their friend circle. Now I don't know exactly how loot is going to be dropping in D3, but if it's anything like it dropped in D2, those of us who enjoyed the D2 bartering/trading system are going to be unhappy. I don't want to spend any more money on the game after buying it, and for people who are willing to spend money, they are going to constantly be having advantages. I'm not convinced that this is going to "ruin the game" for me, but I'm definitely not happy that they are adding this.
I am pretty sure the way loot drops now is every time a chest is opened or a boss dies, everyone playing gets their own unique loot. No more of the racing to click on the ground. It does solve that problem, but to be honest I always liked spamming my left mouse button.
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Avvatar wrote:
Gr¦m wrote:Anyone who wanted the best stuff in D2 HAD to trade with people outside of their friend circle (or buy off a third party site with cash). Or their friends had to trade with someone out of their friend circle.
Totally untrue.
So you found all the top runes, eth sup 4soc vortex shield with resis, eth sup 6soc zerker axe, dracs, eth 2soc crown of ages, dungos, and I could go on.
Avvatar

Post by Avvatar » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:42 am

Oh wow, you kept playing after the game got all shitty. Sucks.
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Avvatar wrote:Oh wow, you kept playing after the game got all shitty. Sucks.
That's a no. Check and mate.
Avvatar

Post by Avvatar » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Oh cool. Cash auction house is wussmode only. So it won't effect me at all.
Delinquent

Post by Delinquent » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:35 pm

D3 has a MP mode of DOTA. and I'm torn between the arena mode disappearing or not. This game will only succeed if their MP version does or not. So we'll see. Beta is fun, but there needs to be a LOT more replay value.
STEAM_0:1:209083
dantesus

Post by dantesus » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Delinquent wrote:D3 has a MP mode of DOTA. and I'm torn between the arena mode disappearing or not. This game will only succeed if their MP version does or not. So we'll see. Beta is fun, but there needs to be a LOT more replay value.
The beta is the first half of the first act on normal difficulty, with no skill runes, a level cap of 13, and no pvp modes. The game is constantly online, so whether or not you want to play by yourself or with other people you have to stay connected to the internet. There is a random matchmaking system based on which quest you want to play in which act, and you have to unlock the quest in the act before random matchmaking for that quest. There is an in-game auction house, one being gold-based and the other real money-based. There are four difficulties, normal - nightmare - hell - inferno. Inferno is the "endgame" mode, with all creatures being level 61 throughout the acts in that difficulty. The level cap is 60 for the whole game, so it will probably take a while to reach level cap. There are multiple types of crafting, each with different phases that you unlock through leveling the craft, which in-turn unlocks different craftable weapons and gear to be made with materials that you salvage throughout the game. I haven't touched on every aspect of the game so far, but I know for certain that Blizzard intends on making this game last for at least another decade. When it comes to replayability, a user will invest a lot of time and possibly money into making their character the best they can possibly be, so I see it being a success in the long run. Keep in mind this may replace World of Warcraft as a time sink, until Blizzard completes development on their "Titan" MMO.
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:00 am

Blizzard, I am disappoint.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.