Skyrim development kit released!

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
pooaw
Radio edit
<font color=#0040FF>Radio edit</font>

Skyrim development kit released!

Post by pooaw » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:50 pm

After a long wait, the Skyrim creation kit is finally available! You can download it in the 'tools' tab in your steam library. Search for "creation kit".

The kit allows you to create new NPCs, locations, and quests to add to the already long gameplay of Skyrim. Alongside the creation kit came a new high resolution texture pack for the game. This adds new highly detailed graphics to the game. You can download this from the Skyrim store page.

If you want to get started modding, Bethesda has made a short video tutorial:

So, either go try out the kit/texture pack or just sit back and let the pro's do their thing! If you'd like to use existing mods, they can be found at this link.

For more information, visit: http://www.pcworld.com/article/249502/s ... _pack.html

Content edited by reece
nightmare 101 wrote:I appreciate you brigbar, for being a sexy young lass. Every time I see one of your posts, it brings a smile to my face. My <3 aches for threads like this, and your feminine sensuality has tempered the bounds of what the immature forum truly means to us. In days long since passed, it was the breeding ground of hateful spite. Truly, this fountain of effeminate care and love called Brigbar96 has changed everything for us. We will drop our arms and hug one another. Hate is the past, and it's only made possible by our one and only..

<3 brigbar96 <3
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Re: Skyrim development kit released!

Post by Neelpos » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:44 pm

kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

What a boring-looking mod.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Adds other stuff too;
You can use him at the atronach forge to craft a helmet that looks like a core with horns, has the armor rating of heavy dragonbone
At times you can hear him off in the distance depending where you are, just chattering to himself
Wheatley floats through the skills screen
Space core can appear in the loading screen, and obviously the tips that are given when he's the loaded model aren't that helpful.

Plus they recorded a fair amount of new Skyrim specific lines that are amusing.
Overall it's silly but I liked it enough to download it.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Those of you more knowledgable: What happens if a mod you use becomes outdated, such as the space core one, and gets removed? What happens if you had the space core in your inventory? Would you lose your save, or just the space core?
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!

Post by mbaxter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Can someone spellcheck pooaw's post, otherwise clean it up, and I can frontpage it?
Reece

Post by Reece » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:48 pm

After a long wait, the Skyrim creation kit is finally available! You can download it in the 'tools' tab in your steam library. Search for "creation kit".

The kit allows you to create new NPCs, locations, and quests to add to the already long gameplay of Skyrim. Alongside the creation kit came a new high resolution texture pack for the game. This adds new highly detailed graphics to the game. You can download this from the Skyrim store page.

If you want to get started modding, Bethesda has made a short video tutorial:

So, either go try out the kit/texture pack or just sit back and let the pro's do their thing! If you'd like to use existing mods, they can be found at this link.

For more information, visit: http://www.pcworld.com/article/249502/s ... _pack.html
kevkingofthesea: May you all bask forever in the glory of the Cube.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!

Post by mbaxter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:04 pm

pooaw wrote:So, after a long wait, the Skyrim creation kit is finally available! You can download it in the 'tools' tab in your steam library. Search for "creation kit".
The kit allows you to create NPC's, new areas and quests for add to the already awesome adventure in Skyrim.
Along side the creation kit was a new 'high res' texture pack for the game. This adds SUPER high detail graphics to the game. (Or so I've been told. By comp would DIE if I used it :P) Download this from the Skyrim store page.

Bethesda had also made a short video tutorial series to help new users create awesome mods!

So, either go try out the kit/texture pack or just sit back and let the pro's do their thing ;)
quoting old post for posterity
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:43 pm

These mods seem to be taking longer than necessary to download.
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
dantesus

Post by dantesus » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Doctor Hannibal Lecter wrote:These mods seem to be taking longer than necessary to download.
I think the servers are bogged down, they have been since the launch of the Skyrim Workshop.

As for Mbaxter's question, if there is missing content from a save,it will ask you if you wish to load the save anyway. I have loaded my Space Core save without the plugin, and it worked just fine.

Also:

MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
dantesus

Post by dantesus » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Just finished the quest tutorial, I voiced the NPC Quest-giver myself :P
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO