Assassin's Creed 3: American Revolution

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Assassin's Creed 3: American Revolution

Post by narwal » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:22 pm

So this supposed cover art leaked on to the web a couple days ago.
I was hoping it was true, this looks awesome.

Turns out, it is. I am fucking psyched for this one.

These are supposed screens of it. Looks more badass then I thought, as there's probably going to be a lot more open-world elements in this installation.

Breakdowns of different pictures point to the plausibility that it will be a Native-American protagonist. How the hell a Native-American joined a centuries-old order of assassins from across the Atlantic ocean, I have no idea.

Edit: One thing that gets me a bit mad is the fact that they didn't do a Japanese protagonist for a game. They basically have all these European ninjas and then no real ninjas? I dun get it.

Edit 2: New Information! Right Here!
According to GI, Assassin's Creed 3's set to star a half English, half Native American protagonist in New York and Boston during the years between 1753 and 1783.
The new hero is called Connor and has an English father and Native American mother. During AC 3's opening players will experience Conner's childhood on the American frontier as he's raised by the Mowhawk.

Conner eventually dedicates his life to confronting tyranny (and Templars), says GI, after white colonists attack and burn down his village.

An updated game engine capable of putting thousand-man battles on screen powers Assassin's Creed 3, and a brand new animation system (with nothing carried over from previous games) and impressive facial animations are promised.
So he's half Native-American. This is going to be a really good contender for the action-packed 2012 year in gaming.
Last edited by narwal on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Blathersby

Re: Assassin's Creed 3: American Revolution

Post by Blathersby » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:57 pm

sweet jesus
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Post by Azzza » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:05 pm

I want it!
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Narwhalius wrote: Breakdowns of different pictures point to the plausibility that it will be a Native-American protagonist. How the hell a Native-American joined a centuries-old order of assassins from across the Atlantic ocean, I have no idea.

Edit: One thing that gets me a bit mad is the fact that they didn't do a Japanese protagonist for a game. They basically have all these European ninjas and then no real ninjas? I dun get it.
They went to New York at the end of Revelations, and Desmond is from America, so it makes perfect sense
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Oh. I never finished Revelations, my disc got fucked up.

But yeah, that makes sense.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:53 pm

You forgot this screenshot
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
luli97

Post by luli97 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:27 am

Narwhal, you never finished any AC... :p
I NEED A SAMYWICH
OddaJosh
I'm Tripping Out

Post by OddaJosh » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:11 am

A mainstream game that's based upon the American Revolution?

wat
Grndslmhttr3 wrote:I don't know how you did it but I think you managed to become the worst poster on these forums
Platty wrote:But, yeah, have a fedora, too.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:48 am

Actually seems awesome. I got really bored with Assassins creed after two because the gameplay was soooo similar and I tried to play like 2 and three right in a row and i was just lke fuuuck this so bored with assassins creed and never played it again. Although the second game was fantastic and there was nothing wrong with the other 2 as they were pretty much the same. Just got old.

Anyway if this is legit it might actually respark my interest in the series.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Jason wrote:Actually seems awesome. I got really bored with Assassins creed after two because the gameplay was soooo similar and I tried to play like 2 and three right in a row and i was just lke fuuuck this so bored with assassins creed and never played it again. Although the second game was fantastic and there was nothing wrong with the other 2 as they were pretty much the same. Just got old.

Anyway if this is legit it might actually respark my interest in the series.
They said this one will be way different in terms of combat, as the CVG article says. They really want you to be moving constantly, and use trees and the nature environment to set up kills. Also there's not going to be more tower defense bullshit.

But this one seems really interesting, and with new technology comes new weapons, so there's no doubt gonna be more gunplay, as well as bow shootin'. And theres more side quests, such as guilds the in Skyrim. For example one hinted already was the Hunter's Association. Probably going to be like Red Dead Redemption's hunting side quests.

Speaking of which, when the fuck are they going to make a new Red Dead game.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
Joejoe347

Post by Joejoe347 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:55 pm

This looks cool. The thing that bothers me is the plausibility of it. I could easily see assassin's in Italy in the 1100s-1400s but it just doesn't see to fit in the revolution.
Mozart, dope for the most part.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
Velp

Post by Velp » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Joejoe347 wrote:This looks cool. The thing that bothers me is the plausibility of it. I could easily see assassin's in Italy in the 1100s-1400s but it just doesn't see to fit in the revolution.
You clearly don't know the story line of the games. Desmond comes from a line of assassins. His mom and dad are both assassins and everyone up to him on at least one side are all assassins.
mbaxter wrote:David tennant makes everything better
Neelpos wrote:Because maybe if my post count is high enough everyone will love me, golly
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:40 pm

the best thing about this announcement is the new engine. Apparently it will feature thousand men battles and more open world aspects. I honestly can't wait because a new engine has been my biggest want for the last two games and now I'm finally getting it, and it looks AWESOME
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Post by Azzza » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:55 am

EDIT: Post 1414 :p
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:25 am

Azzza95 wrote:

EDIT: Post 1414 :p
I've been meaning to watch it for quite some time now. It's pretty awesome.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!