Post by Django » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:10 am

"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Re: Mass Effect 3: Origin QQ

Post by Jason » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:02 am

The fuck was wrong with ME2. Found it far more fun than the first. WAH I COULDN'T SPEND COUNTLESS USELESS HOURS CHANGING ARMORS AND EXPLORING PLANETS IN A LITTLE ROVER AND I HAD TO JUST PLAY A FUN SHOOTER GAME WITH A GOOD STORY WHERE I MAKE CHOICES. THEY'RE DUMBING EVERYTHING DOWN I HATE EA. EA EA EA EA COMPANIES MONEY THIEVES GREEDY THE MAN EA HATE I HEARD EVERYONE ELSE SAYING IT SO ME TOO.

The same day DLC shit is totally a bullshit scheme to make money, BUT WHAT ELSE IS NEW? IT'S CAPITALISM, EVERYTHING IS CONTROLLED BY BIG BUSINESS, NOT SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME GAME GNOMES AT THE HAPPY FACTORY. GET OVER IT. SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY WISELY AND QUIT WHINING.

I'm pirating ME3 anyway because I did with all the others and I don't have a continuous save file anyway. Somewhere later down the line when ha ve the money and there's more price drops I'll buy all three and make a character to play through all 3.

You're all whiny little baby bitches. I hope your boycotting is immensely successful in sticking it to the man.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:17 am

Mass effect will always just be a low quality knights of the old republic to me.

I beat the first but I didn't get very far trough the second brcause I got bored.
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Mass Effect 1 was great, Mass Effect 2 held my attention for 20 minutes and didn't feel like it was worth the $5 I spent on it.

And it may be capitalism sure, but look at companies that actually show an interest in video games (Valve, Nintendo, Mojang, all the indie devs) they make a higher quality game than these giant companies and support the game as long as they can. Valve just updated Half-Life 1 yesterday, do you really think EA would ever do anything like that? You'd be fucking kidding yourself. No one needs to play a video game. If you can't muster up the will to boycott the companies that are destroying the industry you're fucking pathetic.
ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:32 pm

I don't understand how someone who enjoyed Mass Effect 1 gameplay-wise wouldn't like Mass Effect 2. Bioware further refined the "action" part of their "action-RPG," improved squad mechanics and gunplay, cut out the inventory management bullshit, and kept in the thing that everybody gives a damn about: the branching dialogue trees. It became more action and less RPG, but ME2 seems closer to the game they were originally trying to make anyway. It's not like the leap between Dragon Age 1 and 2.

Also, the developers like Bioware provide the ongoing support for their games after release, not EA (the publisher), so the longevity and quality of their support falls primarily upon them. First-day DLC is an idiotic scheme designed to nickel and dime you on content that should've been in the game in the first place, but the way people get so worked up about it really perplexes me- no one's forcing you to buy it, and I don't think I've ever really seen an instance of it where you needed it in order to experience a vital part of the game.
Doctor Hannibal Lecter wrote:Mass effect will always just be a low quality knights of the old republic to me.
Knights of the Old Republic was a low quality Knights of the Old Republic.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Hellboy wrote:I don't think I've ever really seen an instance of it where you needed it in order to experience a vital part of the game.
I'd agree with you there, but the day one DLC is a fucking living Prothean, basically the most important character that could possibly be conceived and the fact that one even exists would make it absolutely vital to the plot, brushing it off as "unnecessary, buy it if you want it" is even worse because that's a sign of them not giving two shits about the story anymore.

Imagine if Halo 3 had released with "optional" day one DLC containing a living Forerunner.
New Metroid game with "optional" day one DLC containing a living Chozo.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Neelpos wrote:
Hellboy wrote:I don't think I've ever really seen an instance of it where you needed it in order to experience a vital part of the game.
I'd agree with you there, but the day one DLC is a fucking living Prothean, basically the most important character that could possibly be conceived and the fact that one even exists would make it absolutely vital to the plot, brushing it off as "unnecessary, buy it if you want it" is even worse because that's a sign of them not giving two shits about the story anymore.

Imagine if Halo 3 had released with "optional" day one DLC containing a living Forerunner.
New Metroid game with "optional" day one DLC containing a living Chozo.
Eh, I think it depends- you essentially interacted with a Prothean in the first game, just that it was a collection of memory, but you already knew what the deal with the Protheans was. I don't know the details, but it's probably just some optional character that might give you a little more information on Prothean culture, but I'm guessing not much more than that.

The Protheans ultimately aren't that important to the story anymore because the Reapers are already well on their way to come fuck the universe's shit up, and the Protheans weren't able to stop them originally.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:15 pm

If I wanted a scifi shooter I would go play one of the hundreds of other scifi shooters there are very very few scifi RPGs and even fewer good ones. I could really give 2 shits about the squad management as it was still terrible in 2, the best squad rpg management has always been the original Dungeon Siege where you could define what weapons at what range and what spells to cast and even in 2 they don't come close. The RPG elements are what made it interesting for me, taking those away wasn't beneficial in my opinion, though streamlining the resource missions on planets was.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Yeah, again, I feel the RPG elements in the actual combat in ME1 were already pretty diminished, the actual role playing that (most) people enjoy about these games are the dialogue trees and the paths you can take based on your disposition towards a situation, which are still on prominent display in ME3- the thing that kind of sucked about ME1 was the combat and the squad management, which they've been subsequently tuning and have basically fixed to make it more intense and fun. A lot of stuff from the first game got streamlined in the process, but ultimately I don't think it was that important in the face of better gameplay.

The natural progression from ME1 to ME3 was to move further away from the RPG aspects towards the action aspects, because these games are basically grand, cinematic sci-fi action stories. They were never really meant to be super deep RPG's from the standard character building perspective.

Having said that, I fucking hate on-rails gunning sections.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Hellboy wrote:I fucking hate on-rails gunning sections.
Literal or figurative rails?
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Any type of rail, be he metaphorical or physical.
Echo
Disciple of Smooze

Post by Echo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:56 pm

All I really want to know is: No more land roving, mining, or some other boring thing this time?
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:15 pm

planet scanning is still in ME3

I enjoyed it in ME2 though
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Echo
Disciple of Smooze

Post by Echo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:planet scanning is still in ME3

I enjoyed it in ME2 though
Well it was nice on a console where whenever you came across a "large deposit" the controller would "vibrate". ;)
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:05 pm

a1dan wrote:Mass Effect 1 was great, Mass Effect 2 held my attention for 20 minutes and didn't feel like it was worth the $5 I spent on it.

And it may be capitalism sure, but look at companies that actually show an interest in video games (Valve, Nintendo, Mojang, all the indie devs) they make a higher quality game than these giant companies and support the game as long as they can. Valve just updated Half-Life 1 yesterday, do you really think EA would ever do anything like that? You'd be fucking kidding yourself. No one needs to play a video game. If you can't muster up the will to boycott the companies that are destroying the industry you're fucking pathetic.
I'm not following your logic here. I'm pretty sure people are buying the game because they like it, not because they don't have the willpower to avoid buying it? And EA didn't make mass effect, bioware did.

DLC sucks though and I never buy it for any game.

I'm like 3 hours into ME3 and it's great so far.