Long Ass-game (big pix)

multiplayer online battle arena (DotA, LoL, HoN, DotA2, etc.)
Adam

Long Ass-game (big pix)

Post by Adam » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:41 pm

80 minutes
Radiant: Windrunner, Mirana, Enigma, Tide, Riki Maru
Dire: Death Prophet (Me), Sladar (Zombie Christ), Alchemist, Viper Dazzle

The game starts well. We get some kills and take 3 towers.

But we start losing teamfights and Riki Maru starts to get fat.

We go for barracks

We die

Riki Maru gets caught by Gem and top Radiant barracks fall

We go for barracks again

We get them and die

What's Riki going to buy?

Divine Rapier

He keeps it hidden. Its all in on this last fight.Image

Sladar and Dazzle die (Alchemist afked). He slices 2000 of my HP like nothing but he's in my ULT and and dropping.

So he decides to jump back on Viper without his team. He dies and Viper picks up Divine Rapier

It's finally over.

[/size]
Zombie Christ

Re: Long Ass-game (big pix)

Post by Zombie Christ » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:46 pm

I got killed a lot in that game, but as you can see by the pictures, I'm always first to go in.
The Zombie Christ

"Turning water.... into Brains."
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:26 am

nice

one thing, could you please use the img3 tags?
they keep the images at their original size but don't stretch out the forums
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner

Post by nightmare 101 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:52 am

Man posts like this make me want to try/play this game. I played Dota as a WCIII mod back in the day.
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
dantesus

Post by dantesus » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:21 pm

nightmare 101 wrote:Man posts like this make me want to try/play this game. I played Dota as a WCIII mod back in the day.
It's definitely closer to dota than league or HoN, and it is pretty much balanced the same. If you aren't a noob, you should be able to do just fine. They recently put in bots, so if you aren't used to the game or haven't played in a while, I suggest that to get the feel for the different heroes (or just play custom matches). If you get in, just don't leave too many games, you get put down in a leaver pool where you get matched with other leavers. It sucks.
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
MindFlayer

Post by MindFlayer » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:49 pm

You guys gained a gold advantage at minute 40 and maintained it the rest of the game but still took 40 minutes to win. Actually, I guess 15k gold isn't massive when both teams have around 100k gold but it's still a decent advantage.
Should have sold your tranquil boots and bought Boots of Travel since you had money for two hearts. Looks like you guys wiped them out pretty hard around the 40 minute mark (got like 7-8 kills in a row), maybe you could have pushed and won then? That's why I hate playing pubs, no one actually wants to take advantage at the proper times to get a game winning push in, everyone would just rather rice rocket for 80 minutes.
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:03 pm

I think boots of tranquil are the best hands down for any character.

Bonus regen, 20 units faster than the regular stat boosting boots, turns into boots of movement when you start getting owned so you can get the fuck out, AND has an active heal.

I always use these bitches when I have a low hp character.
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
bh :)

Post by bh :) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:12 pm

you should upload a demo of this game, it seems like it'd be a nice watch.
Naix, SB, Spectre, Juggernaut, Batrider VS SK, AM, CM, Storm Spirit,Pudge
anyway just had a game today as well that was close. had SK and AM on top against me as Spirit Breaker and Spectre. We had (our) batrider mid against pudge, pudge ganks top twice so SK is getting fed. 3-0.
We lose top and suddenly laning phase just nosedived, we're roaming like crazy and having hell of fights but SK ends up 12-0 when the dust settles. Fuck.
We lose more fights and suddenly SK does rosh, gets aegis. Fuck.

We're at our base now, entire team is saying "gg" suddenly the biggest play pulled out of our asses comes into the game. i manage to land so many bashes in a row on SK we completely kill him. Ok. Good. Now his W passive brings him back. We take him down again. Ok. Round 3, Aegis time. We take him down again and AM is ricing top like a retard so they lose 4 people. We manage to push lanes back out, get a tower or two, and yay. Ten minutes later Roshan back up, SK soloing. We go in to take him out and fail completely resulting in 4 deaths vs 1 death (wasnt even SK who died).
We do it again, they go into our base, and they don't come out. We keep smashing them at our base, while they keep smashing us outside of it. Suddenly we make the push we needed but spectre and naix stay in WAY too long and die. Goddammit. theyp ush back and now we have only our top racks and our ancient left.
Last push, they come in on us like crazy and we manage to fuck SK up. even though he revived twice. Suddenly juggernaut and naix go all out chasing all the way to their inners. am fucks me and spetre up hard and we're completely fucked. AM takes the ancient and it's gg. could've won if naix/jugger didn't fucking chase. ugh.

1hr game too. oh well.
Adam

Post by Adam » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:20 pm

MindFlayer wrote:You guys gained a gold advantage at minute 40 and maintained it the rest of the game but still took 40 minutes to win. Actually, I guess 15k gold isn't massive when both teams have around 100k gold but it's still a decent advantage.
Should have sold your tranquil boots and bought Boots of Travel since you had money for two hearts. Looks like you guys wiped them out pretty hard around the 40 minute mark (got like 7-8 kills in a row), maybe you could have pushed and won then? That's why I hate playing pubs, no one actually wants to take advantage at the proper times to get a game winning push in, everyone would just rather rice rocket for 80 minutes.
I think you're reading it backwards. I figured I posted enough pictures but right after we got barracks they pushed us into our base for like 20 minutes. Agree about the items though. I should have stopped tanking up after the first heart and gotten a sheepstick or refresher orb (I think that'd be good on her)
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Doctor Hannibal Lecter wrote:turns into boots of movement when you start getting owned so you can get the fuck out
They turn into Boots of Speed. The bad boots. Or at least they say they do. Which has prevented me from ever buying them.
nightmare 101

Post by nightmare 101 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:28 pm

dantesus wrote:
nightmare 101 wrote:Man posts like this make me want to try/play this game. I played Dota as a WCIII mod back in the day.
It's definitely closer to dota than league or HoN, and it is pretty much balanced the same. If you aren't a noob, you should be able to do just fine. They recently put in bots, so if you aren't used to the game or haven't played in a while, I suggest that to get the feel for the different heroes (or just play custom matches). If you get in, just don't leave too many games, you get put down in a leaver pool where you get matched with other leavers. It sucks.

I guess DOTA2 doesn't have a meta game to it though, right? That's what I really enjoy about LoL. I'm not a leaver, though I have heard of that "leaver pool" thing. I just don't see a point in fucking a game over. Whenever I play games of this nature, i put aside 2-3 hours that I won't be interrupted in.
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
MindFlayer

Post by MindFlayer » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Doctor Hannibal Lecter wrote:I think boots of tranquil are the best hands down for any character.

Bonus regen, 20 units faster than the regular stat boosting boots, turns into boots of movement when you start getting owned so you can get the fuck out, AND has an active heal.

I always use these bitches when I have a low hp character.
They turn into "Boots of speed" upon taking enough instances of damage which are the slowest boots in the game, they hardly let you get the fuck out
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:59 pm

That's what I thought. You start taking damage, then your boots fall apart. You get slower and lose armor. Fantastic time for that to happen.
MindFlayer

Post by MindFlayer » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:41 pm

nightmare 101 wrote:I guess DOTA2 doesn't have a meta game to it though, right? That's what I really enjoy about LoL.
How could any competitive strategy game like DoTA not have a metagame? The list of heroes that people consider to be top-tier or even viable picks is constantly shifting as teams experiment with new heroes, item builds and strategies in general. Take Tiny for example. He was added to the beta a long time ago, and teams haven't started really adapting their strategies to fit him until recent and now he is quite frequently picked or even banned. Anti-Mage was almost aways banned in the first round every single match up until a few weeks ago, but now you're starting to see teams bait out the pick because they're more comfortable playing against him. He was considered to be the best hard carry in the game and now some games you'll see him get through without being picked or banned.

--

Back to Tranquil Boots, they're actually pretty decent in the early game on roamers/gankers like Vengeful Spirit, Earthshaker (though it's pretty hard for him to function without Arcanes), Witch Doctor, Crystal Maiden, Venomancer, etc. They provide a nice bit of extra movespeed for moving from lane to lane to setup ganks as well as a decent source of regen, although the little bit of regen they provide become pretty insignificant as the game goes on.

Adam wrote:I think you're reading it backwards. I figured I posted enough pictures but right after we got barracks they pushed us into our base for like 20 minutes. Agree about the items though. I should have stopped tanking up after the first heart and gotten a sheepstick or refresher orb (I think that'd be good on her)
Oh yeah my bad haha, I thought you guys were the Radiant when I was reading the gold graph. So you guys actually managed to win with a 15k gold disadvantage and a farmed as hell Riki. And yeah Sheepstick is definitely a baller item on almost any hero, especially against fairly squishy but mobile carries like Rikimaru. Refresher Orb is okay and probably would have helped you guys push a little harder, but her ult has a fairly short cooldown anyway. Also keep in mind that her ult does physical damage (which is why it can be used to damage towers) so it can synergize well with -armor such as Assault Cuirass.
bh :)

Post by bh :) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:30 pm

MindFlayer wrote:
nightmare 101 wrote:I guess DOTA2 doesn't have a meta game to it though, right? That's what I really enjoy about LoL.
How could any competitive strategy game like DoTA not have a metagame? The list of heroes that people consider to be top-tier or even viable picks is constantly shifting as teams experiment with new heroes, item builds and strategies in general. Take Tiny for example. He was added to the beta a long time ago, and teams haven't started really adapting their strategies to fit him until recent and now he is quite frequently picked or even banned. Anti-Mage was almost aways banned in the first round every single match up until a few weeks ago, but now you're starting to see teams bait out the pick because they're more comfortable playing against him. He was considered to be the best hard carry in the game and now some games you'll see him get through without being picked or banned.
AM is still a pretty big ban but youre right, he is getting countered harder but there are still very little hero counters to him currently like there are in dota1/hon.