Warhammer 40k Unit Highlights!

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
TheFlyingBearCalvary

Warhammer 40k Unit Highlights!

Post by TheFlyingBearCalvary » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:16 am

So with sixth edition out now, and with the release of ally rules, I just want to know your favorite units and any ideas that you've had with them. I play Tau. I love my Crisis Suit units and my Fire Warriors! But there are some things that Tau just aren't good at. Close combat is one of em. But the basic troop has one of the nastiest guns around: The Pulse Rifle. For those of you out of the loop, The Pulse Rifle has the following profile
Pulse Rifle: Range:30" Strength:5 AP:5 Rapid Fire
VERY nasty with some of the rule changes. New rapid fire rules state that my little Shas'la troops get to move and still fire one shot per gun at full range! Awesome! But, they changed the double tap range. It used to be 12" universal for all rapid fire weapons. Now it's half range. Most races and armies will still only get two rapid fire shots at 12". Fire warriors get 15". AND with Overwatch in place, you'll need to think twice about charging at them. Sure they only get to counter fire at a charging unit at BS1, but still, that's 24 shots (26 with 2 gun drones, and they're twin linked) at Str5. At least 3-6 will hit and they usually wound on a 2+ or 3+, depending on the unit. Now for another new addition, new grenade rules. Now I haven't read this fully so bear with me, but i'm pretty sure the Photon Grenades now allow the unit carrying them to become shrouded or stealthed when shot at. They still get to negate extra attacks gained, but still, the whole idea behind the Fire Warrior is now "YOU CAN'T HIT ME! But I can hit you!"
Tau can make great allies and Fire Warriors can be downright dangerous on the field. I love em, and so will you.
The call to battle rings load and clear. The call to arms is music to my ears. Rise my brothers! Take to the skies on wing and claw, with lazgun and fang! Ride my brothers! They shall fear thy roar my mighty steed. Let thy wings power thee on and thy eyes find the enemy unawares! TO ARMS, THE GREAT FLYING BEAR CALVARY!