how to NOT get on the Locals

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
stabbyclaus

how to NOT get on the Locals

Post by stabbyclaus » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:17 pm

I thought it was about time for me to lay out some ground rules so everyone knows a bit how I pick who's going to be featured.

1) you must allow others to speak. I pick conversations, not rants. If you hold the mic longer than 5 seconds or press it more than 5 times in 30 seconds, you are likely muted. Say something to me if you think I can't hear you. This is mainly for the newbies who were here before the show.

2) Fufu & I being on the server does not guarantee we are recording, let alone that I get recordings from a handful of people here.

3) its normal folks talk over each other but two convos should happen at once. If you are joining the server with a friend, don't talk amongst yourselves. Use mumble for that.

4) don't "create a character" unless its a personality you very comfortable with. You should be yourself & worry more about a fun alias name.

Anything else?
Last edited by stabbyclaus on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
RideTheWalrus
Butts.
<font color=#FF80BF><b><i>Butts.</i></b></font>

Re: how to NOT get on the Locals

Post by RideTheWalrus » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Don't be a busta on the servers.
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Seems like you don't want singing on The Locals either. :c
Sportslot
Not Narwal

Post by Sportslot » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Wait, so I can't get on the locals by going on the forum once and then spamming the microphone with shitty banter that nobody wants to hear anyways?
Narwhal wrote:You're a baby because we cheated.
BPM

Post by BPM » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:42 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:Anything else?
5. Do not repeat jokes that were already in an episode of the locals. Saying 'melon ballers' over and over is not funny.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:04 pm

melon ballers
melon ballers
melon ballers
melon ballers

Am I cool yet
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
dantesus

Post by dantesus » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:41 pm

I don't play on tf4 that much, but I hopped on the other day, and people were constantly talking over each other, and not really about anything in particular.
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:42 pm

sm_mute @all
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:45 pm

MrBlip wrote:sm_mute @all

all fucking day
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Is this why everyone is constantly talking over each other whenever I join the server?
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:39 pm

People have always talked over each other, but the new peeps are getting used to the idea of community within a large group as opposed to 2 or 4 people.

You all are free to sing, just not when everyone else is already talking. if karaoke is activated, then go nuts.

And about repeating Locals lines, I agree yet that shouldn't last too long. Most of the lines are kept in kids' memory for, like, 2 days haha.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:30 pm

The server does not exist for generating The Locals. Act within the boundaries of the rules. Don't expect to get internet-famous.

But then I'm already back to having everyone more or less muted. So it hardly effects me personally.
Johnny5072

Post by Johnny5072 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Hence why my voice settings are tuned off these days.

I am not interested in hearing the pointless spewing of verbal diarrhea on the server these days.

I actually get back to playing the game! Who woulda thunk! :D
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 pm

This was one of the main reasons I never talked on a mic, aside from living with a bitch of a relative, is that there was almost always someone talking. Also, if I did find a lull in the conversations to say something, people would just cut me off and continue their ranting.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
Erickarkos

Post by Erickarkos » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:17 pm

japanimater wrote:This was one of the main reasons I never talked on a mic, aside from living with a bitch of a relative, is that there was almost always someone talking. Also, if I did find a lull in the conversations to say something, people would just cut me off and continue their ranting.
This minus the living with a bitch of a relative part. I tried to tell everyone to quiet down a bit, but I'm pretty sure nobody heard me because I was cut off immediately.