Kingdom Hearts HD

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Zeno

Kingdom Hearts HD

Post by Zeno » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Square Enix has revealed Kingdom Hearts is finally on its way to current-era home consoles. In typical wacky naming fashion for the publisher, the bundle including HD remastered versions of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts - Re:Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days will launch in 2013 under the banner of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix.

No stranger to re-releases, the Kingdom Hearts franchise will further update the PS2 re-release of Chain of Memories – originally a GBA game – to the PS3. Final Mix was a Japanese-exclusive re-release of the first game, which added new content found in the North American version of the game. Though the DS-exclusive 358/2 Days would probably see the most tweaking to get it to land on home consoles, speculation based on a Famitsu report is the PS3 release will only feature remade cutscenes from in the handheld title and not its gameplay.

Additionally, Square Enix revealed a browser-based, online social card game set within the Kingdom Hearts universe, according to the same Famitsu report.

Joystiq has a team in Japan for TGS 2012 – which officially begins tomorrow – and will look to have Square Enix explain exactly what the PS3 bundle includes and whether the company plans to bring it stateside.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/19/kingd ... -remaster/
-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)
Pentagram.J2

Re: Kingdom Hearts HD

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:42 pm

SERIOUSLY?

Square Enix is just trolling the fuck out of its fans now.
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Only interested if anything comes to the Vita.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
JetMechRadio

Post by JetMechRadio » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:59 am

At the very least I thought that Kingdom Hearts 3 would have the sole purpose of heralding Kingdom Hearts on the PS3. But no, the spin-offs will get there first.

Wait, if they're porting 358 Days, does that mean they're using PSN for matchmaking and multiplayer or am I missing something
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:53 pm

This entire time I have been hoping for a HD collection of Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and the PS2 version of Chain of Memories. However, if Square is doing 1.5 with KH1 and a spin-off that follow the events after KH1, they need to release a 2.5 that has KH2 and whatever KH game that is on PSP. If Konami can do it with Sleep Walker, then Square can do it with their games.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:36 pm

For real. They haven't even released the PSP Kingdom Hearts for download on the PSN so you can play it on Vita. Shit makes no sense. I'd buy that shit instantly as i never got to play it, and I'm sure tons of other people would as well. FUCKIN BOGUE. I have barely had interest in playing a KH game since the second one came out since they keep coming out on different consoles that i don't have and they're all just spinoffs. I played the 358/2 days on DS and it was ok but I got bored with it pretty quick. it wasn't nearly as story driven and just hacking through monsters got old after a while. I heard the PSP one was really good but I don't own a PSP, but owning a Vita I feel like I should be able to damn play it.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
JetMechRadio

Post by JetMechRadio » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:56 am

They could have bundled Birth By Sleep, KH1 and KH2 and sold it as a trilogy. What good is updating 358/2 days but for the multiplayer angle? Argh missed opportunities

Then they could've bundled Chain of memories, 358/2 Days and Re:coded onto the 3DS or something