Vote for the joe.to minecraft servers!

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Re: Vote for the joe.to minecraft servers!

Post by NightFantom » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:58 am

Because that would give an unfair advantage to certain players (ie those who vote), which is something j2 has never done (or even allowed, see server rules). If you can suggest something that would not give you an advantage over other players (typically luxury items instead of "useful" items) there's a fair chance the admins might consider it. I'm thinking stuff like note blocks and wool in different colours (having easy access to wool might be borderline advantageous though).

About what to do with the jukeboxes, no idea. :p
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:29 am

You could sell the jukeboxes and the cds.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:18 pm

Jason_D_Black wrote:Question:

What can someone do with so many useles jukeboxes in a faction pvp server? One may be nice, even though if you play a record and an enemy passes you base he will hear it and now where your base will be exactly. But would we need so many of them? Why don't you give prices like Exp bottles or obsidian or potions or something useful
Like fantom said, I don't want to give an unfair advantage. Giving obsidian for each vote would add up quickly. As for revealing base location, that's a non issue. Nearly everybody protects their base so all you have to do is type /f map and you can see all the nearby bases.

If you have ideas for other prizes, I'm open to ideas. I especially need stuff for MC2, because anything can be summoned giving out items doesn't really work well. I am working on a plugin now that lets weapons track kills, but that won't do much good on MC2 and distribution on MC1 is an issue.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:40 am

There's quite a few status effects like nausea that players can't normally obtain. Also /r to reply to the last /msg received was quite useful. /back to go back to where you last teleported from was pretty nifty for finding your build easily after tping to another player for whatever reason. Capes if possible? Maybe access to /gamemode 2 for spleefing/parkour/adventure builds? (Once bukkit updates and the plugins are compatible) The ability to bind enchanted books with an item once per vote? I'm guessing access to a mob spawn egg is out of the question. A rideable ender dragon/slime/blaze/whatever that's just purely an entity that you can steer with a carrot on a stick? These ideas are focused on mc2, seeing as how flying an ender dragon around the map on mc1 might be frowned upon.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater

Post by jmtokx » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:56 pm

dyl1138 wrote:Also /r to reply to the last /msg received was quite useful.
/rep was recently added to replace /r
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:27 pm

Eviltechie wrote:
Jason_D_Black wrote:Question:

What can someone do with so many useles jukeboxes in a faction pvp server? One may be nice, even though if you play a record and an enemy passes you base he will hear it and now where your base will be exactly. But would we need so many of them? Why don't you give prices like Exp bottles or obsidian or potions or something useful
Like fantom said, I don't want to give an unfair advantage. Giving obsidian for each vote would add up quickly. As for revealing base location, that's a non issue. Nearly everybody protects their base so all you have to do is type /f map and you can see all the nearby bases.

If you have ideas for other prizes, I'm open to ideas. I especially need stuff for MC2, because anything can be summoned giving out items doesn't really work well. I am working on a plugin now that lets weapons track kills, but that won't do much good on MC2 and distribution on MC1 is an issue.
Fireworks might work.... If you give out one or two, people can't spam them, right? Maybe, You would have to launch them in a specific location? We might be able to make a firework arena... Or have weekly firework shows. I'm just kind thinking as I type this... Maybe we could have a special kind of name for 24 hours when you vote. You could have it say voter in parenthesis so people would not get confused an ask if they're admins. I don't know if these ideas will work, just trying to contribute! :)
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater

Post by jmtokx » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Believe it or not, I really like the fireworks idea. The same way you get different cds, it would be cool to get different fireworks with different dyes, effects, etc.

Good job rockerboy.
ThePandaBoss

Post by ThePandaBoss » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 pm

Im going to vote :D
Reasonably sized signatures are hard.
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:55 am

Voted on all of them. It said there was only three votes though.
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:53 am

"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
grovy

Post by grovy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:52 am

is your server active? i wanna play minecraft with good people.

should add to more lists.. like http://www.minepick.com and http://www.reddit.com/r/mcservers for more ppl
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Post by vxi » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:38 am

grovy wrote:is your server active?
Depends what you mean by active.
grovy wrote:i wanna play minecraft with good people.
The senior Minecraft members are usually more mature than the day-to-day users on the servers. You'll see a lot more of the us when something new happens with the servers, though, and then we start to slowly drift away until something new happens again.
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
Classy Pancakes

Post by Classy Pancakes » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:45 pm

Voted! ( Classy_Pancakes )
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Classy Pancakes <3 3 Ducks
DirtBukkit

Post by DirtBukkit » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:04 am

Voted.
This is my signature.

Glad you like it.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:03 am

Voting rewards have been updated. You can now redeem 100 bonus claim blocks on mc2.

The records will now be claimable on mc4 after it gets restarted.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits