Random Glitches

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
tyson2308

Random Glitches

Post by tyson2308 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:50 pm

I was running to a base that my friend had told me the coords of and I was teleported into the air, and then I landed, I thought. I kept walking and I went a distance away and realised chunks weren't loading. I logged off and logged back on and I was in the air, where I was teleported before. I hit the ground too hard and lost all of my things. It took me a considerable amount of time to get that stuff, also it took quite a while to get to there. I would like to know why this happened.

Edit: Just to add I lost everything that is mine.
Last edited by tyson2308 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liamomatic wrote:admins r soo shit!!! fucking learn english!!! and look in the dictionary!!
mbaxter wrote:You are apparently mentally challenged, and for that I am sorry
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: Random Glitches

Post by Django » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:53 pm

reported for hacks
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
tyson2308

Post by tyson2308 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Django wrote:reported for hacks
Wtf you talking about? I was walking along when the world stopped loading and then I logged back on then I was tp'd into the air. Nowhere in my explanation do I see anything to do with hacks.
liamomatic wrote:admins r soo shit!!! fucking learn english!!! and look in the dictionary!!
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 pm

The only glitches I've seen reported so far do not teleport you into the air. It sounds more like you had a chunk loading issue at the same time you ran into a giant pit or hole in the ground.
tyson2308

Post by tyson2308 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Well, I was running along some hill and it was 2-3 block drop I jumped down, got tp'd into the air, then kept going onwards. It was when I got to some water that I realised chunks weren't loading and when I logged back on I was back at the point of where I was in the air, causing me to die. I've had this glitch happen to me on some other servers. It's extremely annoying.
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 pm

tyson2308 wrote:Well, I was running along some hill and it was 2-3 block drop I jumped down, got tp'd into the air, then kept going onwards. It was when I got to some water that I realised chunks weren't loading and when I logged back on I was back at the point of where I was in the air, causing me to die. I've had this glitch happen to me on some other servers. It's extremely annoying.
It sounds like your connection was derping and anticheat found you had gone too far in too little time, so it tped you back into a hole, or something along those lines. Not really a glitch, so much as a clientside issue. It's also pretty likely that it was just a chunk loading error. The most recent version of optifine's actually pretty good at managing chunk loading for 1.4.5, so you could just install that and hope for the best.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
tyson2308

Post by tyson2308 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Well, I did have optifine installed. Back in 1.3.1. Then it updated. I also found that my Minecraft crashed a lot more than what I used to, I think this is due to the autosave feature because it happens on Tekkit too. :/

Edit: It took me quite a while as well. :bonk:
dyl1138
Falling Down

Post by dyl1138 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:43 pm

tyson2308 wrote:Well, I did have optifine installed. Back in 1.3.1. Then it updated. I also found that my Minecraft crashed a lot more than what I used to, I think this is due to the autosave feature because it happens on Tekkit too. :/

You can change the autosave intervals in any version of optifine. It is also designed to be MORE stable than standard minecraft, unless you have done something wrong when installing and/or editing the settings.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
tyson2308

Post by tyson2308 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Nope. I changed the autosave time, but as I said, this happens on Tekkit which, to everyone's surprise, WASN'T made by me, which gives me the impression that there's something wrong with optifine...
dyl1138
Falling Down

Post by dyl1138 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 pm

tyson2308 wrote:Nope. I changed the autosave time, but as I said, this happens on Tekkit which, to everyone's surprise, WASN'T made by me, which gives me the impression that there's something wrong with optifine...
I'm not quite sure why you're typing sarcastically like that since I didn't assume that it didn't happen on tekkit OR that you even had a remedial understanding of the mechanics behind tekkit server-to-client relation protocols. Also, if you think optifine's the problem, remove optifine. However, you've already had this error without optifine installed, so I'm a little confused as to how optifine could be the problem. Enlighten me.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
tyson2308

Post by tyson2308 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 am

I wasn't the one who said this particular glitch was happening with Optifine installed. I was saying that the glitch had happened before. Also, I was saying that there was a problem with Optifine which made me crash all the time, and I wasn't typing sarcastically.
dyl1138
Falling Down

Post by dyl1138 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:37 pm

You didn't realy make your problem with optifine clear, since apparently the glitch this is about and the crashing aren't the same thing. Also, you gave this confusing post:
tyson2308 wrote:Well, I did have optifine installed. Back in 1.3.1. Then it updated. I also found that my Minecraft crashed a lot more than what I used to, I think this is due to the autosave feature because it happens on Tekkit too. :/

Also, you honestly can't construe this as anything other than sarcasm:
..., but as I said, this happens on Tekkit which, to everyone's surprise, WASN'T made by me, ...
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Daniel

Post by Daniel » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:09 pm

I had a funny glitch happen to me I was in a boat headed for a base when I hopped out of the boat and got teleported 200 blocks away.
Kronox

Post by Kronox » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Jason wrote:So hilarious. I said "Jesus" out loud when I saw the picture and then I read your post that his name is Jesus and I fuckin pissed all over myself.
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:16 am

mbaxter wrote:The only glitches I've seen reported so far do not teleport you into the air. It sounds more like you had a chunk loading issue at the same time you ran into a giant pit or hole in the ground.
Actually, I had something similar. I was making a diving board to get my agility up, and I made a ring with a 1x1 hole in the middle so i wouldn't land in the wrong place. I jumped down it, and it would bug the hell out by flinging me back and up into the air, and I'd fall again, and it'd shoot me back up but further. This continued until I was killed by fall damage.