Should I get CS:GO?

Discussion for all Counter-Strike titles - csgo.joe.to
Hoodedsniper

Re: Should I get CS:GO?

Post by Hoodedsniper » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Valve doesnt give a fuck about CS, they never have and never will, they didnt make CS, just got a ride of its success.

They pulled retarded shit with CS:CZ back in the day for more money for no reason at all for a game no one asked for or wanted, then made CSS because they had to have CS on source, and now with CS:GO its just retarded dumb stupid dumb shit.
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:06 pm

they fucked CS up by catering to the "pro gamer" crowd.

It's not that CS:GO is bad, it's just unnecessary. They should have slowly been updating CS:S and have turned it into what CS:GO is. Making a whole new CS title on the Source engine that isn't even that different from the other one is just baffling.
510 Baud One

Post by 510 Baud One » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:35 pm

It will just take time to adjust. I do agree with you both.
510 BauD OnE

(]~_~[) (Listening to mp3s)

Steam Profile

“Everything you want is on the other side of fear.”
-Jack Canfield
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner
thread killer, post spawner

Post by nightmare 101 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:33 pm

NIPPER wrote:Not only should you not buy CS:GO but you shouldn't buy another VALVe game until func_vehicle comes back.
I completely agree with this nipper.

I was devastated by it's disappearance in CS:S, and my only hope for CS:GO was the possibility of jolly fun driving time.

Also, I too think that a CS 1.6 night would be fun again. The last ones were pretty damn good, had a great turn out - and it's almost been a year!
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
Little Weapon

Post by Little Weapon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Got csgo since it was only 5 bucks. Fun game, I really like the feel of it. My favorite cs so far minus the lack of good servers and nipper maps. Everything is still zombies, jailbreak, or dust.

Still, I really like the feel of the engine.
CaptainTripps wrote:Chicken, how does it work?
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Little Weapon wrote:Got csgo since it was only 5 bucks. Fun game, I really like the feel of it. My favorite cs so far minus the lack of good servers and nipper maps. Everything is still zombies, jailbreak, or dust.

Still, I really like the feel of the engine.
I told ya, you were gonna love it.
Why you waited so long?
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
bh :)

Post by bh :) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Honestly, I think the whole mapping/modding scene for valve games is pretty much dead. With the introduction to vpks making it incredibly hard to mod, the introduction of sv_pure settings (though obviously necessary) and the lack of a Hammer update or even the mention of the word func_vehicles I think Valve realizes they don't really need people like Nipper anymore to sell product, because it sells on it's own.

As for CS:GO I like and don't like it. For starters, it's really hard to find active US pubbing communities in 1.6, it's a lot of foreigners now. CS:S I never liked. CSGO has really shitty gameplay, but the matchmaking system is fucking amazing, and with the updates to Source TV and the like, I think CSGO might be something important within the next 2 years in terms of pro gaming.

I think the only game that will have OK moddability will be Dota 2, but since Valve will not have near as many assets as WC3, it will require a lot of outside work in terms of assets to make the custom gamemodes high quality. Remember all those badass wc3 mods that were roleplay or tower defense or dota clones? man that was awesome
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:12 pm

bh :) wrote:Honestly, I think the whole mapping/modding scene for valve games is pretty much dead. With the introduction to vpks making it incredibly hard to mod, the introduction of sv_pure settings (though obviously necessary) and the lack of a Hammer update or even the mention of the word func_vehicles I think Valve realizes they don't really need people like Nipper anymore to sell product, because it sells on it's own.

As for CS:GO I like and don't like it. For starters, it's really hard to find active US pubbing communities in 1.6, it's a lot of foreigners now. CS:S I never liked. CSGO has really shitty gameplay, but the matchmaking system is fucking amazing, and with the updates to Source TV and the like, I think CSGO might be something important within the next 2 years in terms of pro gaming.

I think the only game that will have OK moddability will be Dota 2, but since Valve will not have near as many assets as WC3, it will require a lot of outside work in terms of assets to make the custom gamemodes high quality. Remember all those badass wc3 mods that were roleplay or tower defense or dota clones? man that was awesome

Everything you just said is so fucking true.

People praise Valve, but Valve has really gone so fucking backwards when it comes to customization, and then people always try to defend like "They give you the tools, they are great, praise Gaben"

Ya, the same fucking tool we have had since fucking like 1999.

I mean, when Parenting was put in Source it was a godsend, imagine crazytank being a FUCKING TANK, because it would have parented turrets, which are also not in CS anymore.

L4D mapping had so much potential but shitty tools, VPKs, and the fucking horrible Nav Mesh shit ruined it.

Like you said Dota 2 custom map making will probably be good, but maybe not, they might make a shitty map maker like the baby portal one and that might make them not have a Hammer for Dota 2, a new hammer at that, since they spent all that time on the friendly one.

Dota 2 will need to let you have FULL control over every single spell, effect, heroes, items, and variables for all of those.
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:29 pm

dead, yup yup.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Hooded sniper and jazzy both of you have like the same obsolete opinions
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
510 Baud One

Post by 510 Baud One » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 am

Valve is hiring, you can make change from the inside, literally, their operational structure is unlike anything I have ever seen

http://www.valvesoftware.com/jobs/index.html

Click on the New Employee Handbook (PDF) at the bottom
510 BauD OnE

Steam Profile

-Jack Canfield
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

510 Baud One wrote:Valve is hiring, you can make change from the inside, literally, their operational structure is unlike anything I have ever seen

You are making a bad post again.
510 Baud One

Post by 510 Baud One » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 pm

Hoodedsniper wrote:
510 Baud One wrote:Valve is hiring, you can make change from the inside, literally, their operational structure is unlike anything I have ever seen

Did you read through the handbook?
510 BauD OnE

Steam Profile

-Jack Canfield
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 am

510 Baud One wrote:
Hoodedsniper wrote:

You made a post trying to tell us to get a job at Valve like its just something you can just do.

and the handbook is very old news.
510 Baud One

Post by 510 Baud One » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Hoodedsniper wrote:
510 Baud One wrote:
Hoodedsniper wrote:

You made a post trying to tell us to get a job at Valve like its just something you can just do.

and the handbook is very old news.
Ahhh, I see now, I get ya. I realize it is not as easy as applying, but for the person with the right background/portfolio it could be. I figure someone like nipper could qualify, he has street-cred and weight in the community/internet.
510 BauD OnE

Steam Profile

-Jack Canfield