[JTWO] Welcome, Information, and Rules (Guild Wars 2)

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Haymakers9th

[JTWO] Welcome, Information, and Rules (Guild Wars 2)

Post by Haymakers9th » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:14 pm

(working emblem subject to change upon popular demand)
JOE.TO Official Guild Wars 2 Guild

THE COMMUNITY:
Joe.to is a community of gamers that has been around for years. We've hosted servers for other games like Team Fortress 2 (a friendly fire server!), Minecraft, Garry's Mod (TTT), various versions of Counter Strike, Natural Selection 2, and anything that everyone happens to be playing at the moment. Other services include:

IRC channel: irc.gamesurge.net #joe.to
Mumble server: mumble.joe.to
Forums: [YOU ARE HERE]
Steam Group: |link|
Bakery

J2 is a safe place to talk about your life, we hold friendly contests, and have quite a few talented individuals among us.

This is a pretty good place to make friends and you might even want to stick around if you're ever done with GW2 or just want something else to play. We're not a hardcore "clan" or anything like that, just a bunch of people who like videogames.

THE GUILD:
[JTWO] is a casual guild on the Stormbluff Isle (NA) server, aimed at providing mutual assistance in PvE (leveling, dungeons), helping out in WvW, and welcoming people into the greater J2 community.

We have the basics, a guild stash, armor contract, WvW buffs, guild banners, and more on the way.
As we're just starting out, our direction can evolve as we grow and see where the community takes us.

Rules pretty much amount to being a decent human being, and are driven from existing community rules since forever:

-No bigotry, while we don't take ourselves completely seriously, we do like to think we're a notch above Xbox Live. Sexism/racism/homophobia, it shouldn't be a mystery why we frown upon it. (normal vulgarity is fine to an extent)
-We will not tolerate any kind of cheating or exploiting. I know this sounds like common sense, but in a world where groups of people consider themselves hardcore by getting ahead using exploits, it might need to be specified.

Essentially, right now if I can get a bunch of people to not scream racial expletives in gchat while flyhacking through WvW I'll be happy.

We are open membership, I'd like to focus more on teaching and helping rather than demanding standards. There is a trusted rank for WvW fortification claiming abilities, just because I don't want to see our banner blocking someone else from giving buffs to a keep we're defending.

To join, simply send me an in-game mail (Haymaker.8924 or char names Tinthundered or Encoelia), PM me on these forums, or send me a whisper if I'm online.

And if you have any questions, please ask in here and I'll respond to you when I can.
Welcome to J2.

Steam
GW2: Haymaker.8924 (Tinthundered, Encoelia)
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
Chief Cheese

Re: [JTWO] Welcome, Information, and Rules (Guild Wars 2)

Post by Chief Cheese » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:24 pm

You recruiting guys now? I noticed I was the only one repping maaaaaaan.
i <3 cheese. cheese <3 evry1. u= an every1. thus, by transitive property i <3 u
Chief Cheese the amazing wrote:
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Chief Cheese wrote:You recruiting guys now? I noticed I was the only one repping maaaaaaan.
I'll invite you to the new one. I made one with the normal "Joe To" name in the hopes to recruit people.
Steam
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:43 am

Anyone other than haymaker (already added) go ahead and search for Narwhalius or Fick Dungus. Still starting out, I have a lvl6 Norn Guardian and a lvl3 Human Theif. Still a noob to MMOs in general, so crafting and items and jobs and what not are lost to me.

So I'll need a lot of help.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:24 am

Narwhal, I have you invited to the guild if you haven't accepted already, hit G and you can accept through that interface.

I'll help you out more personally when we're both on at the same time, but till then there's a guild chat channel once you join/represent, if anyone is online feel free to ask questions and they should be happy to help.
Steam
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:56 pm

I accepted last night via Fick Dungus.

Is it spread over all characters?
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:58 pm

Yeah, its account based
Steam
Aeonicwolf

Post by Aeonicwolf » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm only a level 50 charr trying to level up, but I'll be happy to help anyone else in need. :)
Classy Pancakes

Post by Classy Pancakes » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Awesome!!! Definitely checking it out :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Classy Pancakes <3 3 Ducks
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 pm

narwal wrote:[...] Fick Dungus.

Is it spread over all [my] characters?

also, I should mention that membership is account-wide, but you can represent different guilds on different characters - so you might not be auto-repping on a new character.
Steam
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:20 am

Reppin' the j-town 24/7 dawgs. Get dem dailies. Daylies. Daylys. Dailys?
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
Aeonicwolf

Post by Aeonicwolf » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:18 pm

I just realized that I'm in the tarnished coast server, but I guess that's what guesting is for.
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Home server pretty much means that's your WvW team. Any other purpose is filled with guesting, and dungeoning ignores home server.
Steam
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Wed May 01, 2013 6:10 pm

It's dailies btw. Looks weird.
Pielo
Ultimate Yakslapper

Post by Pielo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:39 am

Anyone still playing Guild Wars 2?
“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
jenna1223 wrote:I swear to god (sorry if your'e atheist) that i do not lie to powerful people.