Old Mc1

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
MrZebra1929

Old Mc1

Post by MrZebra1929 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Hey Guys,
When i first started to play minecraft, this was my first server to play on. I remember the massive castle in mc1 factions. and the other day i found a video about the city and i remembered all the fun i had on it. I am writing this message to all those admins, Mr Hippo, Mbaxter, and other players who played on there with me. I am trying, with some friends, to make a faction server and make it just like the old one, almost like a memorial to it. I am not trying to advertise a new server but in reality i just want to ask for yalls help in creating it and running it, in correlation to mc.joe.to. If any of y'all are interested in helping Please PM me. I will need help building and setting everything up!
- Your Friend
MrZ
Am I black with white stripes or white with black stripes?
marbear

Re: Old Mc1

Post by marbear » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:59 pm

I don't think you get it
"Marbear your too stupid...so I don't know what the fuck your thinking."
MrZebra1929

Post by MrZebra1929 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Get what Mar
Am I black with white stripes or white with black stripes?
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:03 pm

I was gonna bet you a million dollars that he'd say that mar but I forgot. :(
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:08 pm

I have to say, the servers are pretty much dead. I mean TF2, yeah but minecraft has barely anyone on. I mean I know the factions plugin is there, so why the heck isnt it on? I mean you have the server advertised as creative/factions. The servers have drastically dropped in popularity since factions left. Mc2 had a brief run now its its noobs and rpers. Mc3, yeah it was fun survival was back, people crowded it for a while now its virtually empty. If we want people to come back, we need PvP desperately.
So can we please bring back factions?
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:33 pm

dillboss5 wrote:Mc2 had a brief run
And with that, I'm ignoring everything in your post as bullshit.
Q48VW

Post by Q48VW » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:42 am

mbaxter wrote:
dillboss5 wrote:Mc2 had a brief run
And with that, I'm ignoring everything in your post as bullshit.
MC2 was the bee's knees.
mbaxter wrote:The servers are getting pieced back together like a puzzle, except half the pieces don't fit and tehENEMY ate some of them.
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:25 pm

I meant it had a brief good run in this update, not in general. It's gone from builders and pros to rpers and noobs. I didn't mean it was bad. But back on point, mc1? Why didn't it be put up. And let's not try to change the topic again, I want to know why.
FM113
Scientific Engineer
<b><font color=#ff0000>Scientific Engineer</font></b>

Post by FM113 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:50 pm

dillboss5 wrote:I meant it had a brief good run in this update, not in general. It's gone from builders and pros to rpers and noobs. I didn't mean it was bad. But back on point, mc1? Why didn't it be put up. And let's not try to change the topic again, I want to know why.
Hokus Pokus
Eviltechie wrote:So, let's face it. Factions isn't what it used to be any more
Factions was dead in the time before 3 kingdoms, hence it was changed.
There was a vote after 3 Kingdoms about what gamemode would follow. Mc3 (PvE) won, and so it seemed like that was the most popular choice.
kingfishy419 wrote:reece no i dont i want my shit back though i got it legit and i want it back.

No matter who you are, no matter where you are, you're welcome here.
Putting mirrors in the sun for everyone fighting on the dark side; yelling: long live diversity.
Denmark
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:43 pm

dillboss5 wrote:I meant it had a brief good run in this update, not in general. It's gone from builders and pros to rpers and noobs. I didn't mean it was bad. But back on point, mc1? Why didn't it be put up. And let's not try to change the topic again, I want to know why.
Jesus your articulation of words makes me want to throw up

MC1 was changed because factions got stale. One faction would become UNTOUCHABLE (eg: Aperture) and then we would stop playing because we reached endgame. Shit, we wasted TNT by making traps for random people and blasting ourselves into the air. We went to PvE, and yes, it was fun for a while, but it deserted pretty quickly.

Things get stale. 3 Kingdoms got stale. Factions got stale. PvE got stale. Creative won't because it's the minecraft everybody knows and enjoys, where you build.

We as admins have to try different things to see what people like for the longest time.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Well fine, but instead of factions, why not mc4? Plain and simple survival. No uber-crazy untouchable fortresses or boss factions. Everything everywhere can be raided. Give's it a rush to try and hide your stuff from everyone, and it brings back the PvP aspect.
FM113
Scientific Engineer
<b><font color=#ff0000>Scientific Engineer</font></b>

Post by FM113 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:14 pm

dillboss5 wrote:Well fine, but instead of factions, why not mc4? Plain and simple survival. No uber-crazy untouchable fortresses or boss factions. Everything everywhere can be raided. Give's it a rush to try and hide your stuff from everyone, and it brings back the PvP aspect.
Right, cool, so yeah, you didn't read a thing I typed, did ya?

http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=71207
kingfishy419 wrote:reece no i dont i want my shit back though i got it legit and i want it back.

No matter who you are, no matter where you are, you're welcome here.
Putting mirrors in the sun for everyone fighting on the dark side; yelling: long live diversity.
Denmark
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Post by vxi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:19 am

dillboss5 wrote:why not mc4?
People will inevitably X-Ray.
No, they won't 'just get banned'. If you have a brain, you'll only use X-Ray for base detection, and when using it for base detection, you'll make it look like you stumbled on the base without using X-Ray to not get banned.
Sure, there are ways to defend against X-Ray, but who the hell wants to take some huge X-Tra steps to defend against cheating?

If there was no X-Raying, I would love mc4, but just the X-Ray aspect makes it untouchable for me.
Yes, I know J2 has X-Ray defense and whatever, but people still get banned for it(?), so it must exist in some form.
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:55 am

dillboss5 wrote:Well fine, but instead of factions, why not mc4? Plain and simple survival. No uber-crazy untouchable fortresses or boss factions. Everything everywhere can be raided. Give's it a rush to try and hide your stuff from everyone, and it brings back the PvP aspect.
People hide. People get full diamond and murder new players. People spawn camp and break the only blaze spawner and mine up the entire End island and destroy an insane amount of land and build 1x1 towers. If you want a successful and fun pvp server, you add a round mechanism or you disable breaking/ placing blocks. This means that anybody can use cheap tactics, but the rewards for digging a huge trench around spawn in a 5 minute match aren't that great. Also, vanilla pvp is the most boring and overdone game mode out there. The sad truth of the matter is the servers simply do not have much to offer and another vanilla pvp server isn't going to appeal to anyone. Three Kingdoms was a good step in the right direction. New, innovative ways to play. 1.6 has a LOT to offer in the way of mixing things up, including the new NBT tag system.
Started to move over various things to a new attribute system:
Item attributes using NBT tags:
Attributes can be additive, subtractive and multiplicative using a set value
Some items have default modifiers in place of previously hard-coded attributes
Examples of possible changes players could make: A bow that slows the holder, a helm that buffs health, etc.
Entity attributes:
These properties can now be changed as easily as any other NBT attribute
Entity speed, base health, base attack
Other properties like weapon damage/bow draw speed/sword swing speed are yet to follow
Added effect tooltips for some tools, swords, and potions
Taken straight from dev build change note.
All it takes is a little creativity to make an awesome minigame with those tools.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:22 pm

vxi wrote:
dillboss5 wrote:why not mc4?
People will inevitably X-Ray.
No, they won't 'just get banned'. If you have a brain, you'll only use X-Ray for base detection, and when using it for base detection, you'll make it look like you stumbled on the base without using X-Ray to not get banned.
Sure, there are ways to defend against X-Ray, but who the hell wants to take some huge X-Tra steps to defend against cheating?

If there was no X-Raying, I would love mc4, but just the X-Ray aspect makes it untouchable for me.
Yes, I know J2 has X-Ray defense and whatever, but people still get banned for it(?), so it must exist in some form.
So okay, going on that basis, explain this: http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=71450
Anti-cheat is on MC3, which would be the same thing used on mc4, so if your complaining about the fact that there would be a need for anti-cheat, how can you defend mc3?
FM113 wrote:
Right, cool, so yeah, you didn't read a thing I typed, did ya?

http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=71207
No, I very rarely come on the forums now, due to the fact it has become so boring. As for that thread, I said Mc1, and left it alone.

As for whatever dyl1138 said, I have you blocked from a while ago, so I wont bother reading it.