Hl3 and l4d3 rumors

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Hl3 and l4d3 rumors

Post by rockerboy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Uhhh....uh...yeah... I honestly can't tell if it's legit or not. Thoughts?
http://m.gamespot.com/the-orange-box/vi ... r-6410519/
King_Fluffy
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire

Re: Hl3 and l4d3 rumors

Post by King_Fluffy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Well it says there are discussions about it, I would be very surprised if no one in the entirety of Valve talked about Half-Life 3. What it means I don't know, maybe they are just talking, maybe they are starting development.

I find L4D3 to be inevitable, especially after the success of the last two games over multiple consoles and the fact they are still played today. They aren't making anymore DLC for that, so I would imagine a game would be next.
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:55 pm

I already knew a new engine was in the works (or was already finished). Half-Life 3 everyone knows will come out, and it's been so long that I honestly don't even care when it is at this point because I'm going to love it no matter when it comes out. And what Fluffy said about L4D3 is true.
Erickarkos

Post by Erickarkos » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:58 pm

non terrible looking version for those on desktops
http://www.gamespot.com/the-orange-box/ ... r-6410519/

And no, just no. I feel like every week there's a new "leak" or rumor for HL3.
L4D3 that might be possible.
And I thought everyone already knew that they were working on a new engine
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:04 pm

King_Fluffy wrote:maybe they are starting development.
What?

You know that they've BEEN developing it for a while now right? There was an entire line of discussion in an official interview with Gabe referring to a project known as "Ricochet 2" (hurr durr) where they explained that sometimes you just don't get it right, and so you have to jump back a few stages and start over. They used the Gravity Gun as an example, where they already had a significant portion of HL2 developed before they even thought of the GG, and they knew it was such a great idea that they had to scrap a whole bunch of content just so they could go back and start working it in. If I recall correctly, this has happened to "Ricochet 2" at least twice.

Also the general consensus is that both L4D2 and HL3 will take place on the next true iteration of source (i.e. not upgraded HL2 engine source), and that all three are at the very least in some stage of development, the engine itself taking precedence obviously.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Part of me wonders if the leak was on purpose to build up excitement.
Also, Chell's now out of the facility... So she could be part of the story.
Last edited by rockerboy on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Also missed opportunity on "SteaMMO" instead of "SteamMMO"

Whatever the hell that is. Maybe they're gonna make an MMO based around buying videogames and wearing them as armor/weapons/hats. "Bitch I have Bioshock Big Daddy armor and a level 61 Borderlands minigun plus I'm specced out the ass with Elder Scrolls, come at me"
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:17 pm

"I have every DLC for Train Simulator 2013. CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS"
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:38 pm

rockerboy5 wrote:Part of me wonders if the leak was on purpose to build up excitement.
Also, Chell's now out of the facility... So she could be part of the story.
Problem with that is Portal 2 is like 1000s of years in the future.
Base

Post by Base » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:12 am

MixMasterMaha wrote:Problem with that is Portal 2 is like 1000s of years in the future.
What? No it's not. Where the fuck did you get that from? Glados makes a blatant reference to Black Mesa, and they have projections in portal 1 about Aperture Science competing with Black Mesa for funding. That puts Portal 1 maximum of several years variance around the Resonance Cascade event, aka HL1. Portal 2 is only a few months to a couple years after that.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:34 am

Base wrote:
MixMasterMaha wrote:Problem with that is Portal 2 is like 1000s of years in the future.
What? No it's not. Where the fuck did you get that from? Glados makes a blatant reference to Black Mesa, and they have projections in portal 1 about Aperture Science competing with Black Mesa for funding. That puts Portal 1 maximum of several years variance around the Resonance Cascade event, aka HL1. Portal 2 is only a few months to a couple years after that.
I hate to jump in here, but I remember at the beginning of portal 2 they kinda had Chell in that room and there was artificial sleep involved. I don't think portal 2 has an exact date you start out at, it is quite possibly many years after the events of Portal 1, since that room and the entire facility gets pretty effed up.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Base

Post by Base » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:01 am

dyl1138 wrote: I hate to jump in here, but I remember at the beginning of portal 2 they kinda had Chell in that room and there was artificial sleep involved. I don't think portal 2 has an exact date you start out at, it is quite possibly many years after the events of Portal 1, since that room and the entire facility gets pretty effed up.
At max it's a decade or so after portal 1.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.

Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:05 am

Base wrote:
dyl1138 wrote: I hate to jump in here, but I remember at the beginning of portal 2 they kinda had Chell in that room and there was artificial sleep involved. I don't think portal 2 has an exact date you start out at, it is quite possibly many years after the events of Portal 1, since that room and the entire facility gets pretty effed up.
At max it's a decade or so after portal 1.
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Timelin ... e_universe

"At least 50,000 years" according to The Final Hours.
Base

Post by Base » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:16 am

It says that but it has no source and I never saw anything in portal 2 relating to it being that long. So, yaknow.

Maha

Post by Maha » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:56 am

Base wrote:It says that but it has no source and I never saw anything in portal 2 relating to it being that long. So, yaknow.
It does state the source, it comes from a interactive book called "The Final Hours of Portal 2".