Safe to update to 1.6.4

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Re: Safe to update to 1.6.4

Post by vxi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:49 am

dyl1138 wrote:I didn't know adminship came with greater influence on server management.
Being an admin is far from being a full overseer of a server.
While your dedication and ideals of a perfect PvE server are perhaps persuasive, a single admin cannot properly oversee and manage any one server.
Eviltechie wrote:I haven't seen much fighting without admin. Why would having it change anything. Don't think there is some magic that happens if you get hired.
I know, that's not what I was trying to convey. I'm not saying that one admin can oversee a server full of players, but I am saying that being an admin helps oversee group projects and helps a lot in running them, I'm saying that it's impossible to try to oversee anything in a PvE or creative environment without being an admin or having constant help from admins. (Sure, that's not really the case nowadays, but if anyone ended up creating a large enough group of active players it would be, so it deincentivises them from doing that).
About the fighting for PvE, I can give you plenty of examples of me trying to push PvE and ideas to go with it, I gave up a while ago because when PvE finally did come back nobody seemed to enjoy it enough for it to stay.
dyl1138 wrote:More admins is not the solution, and neither is yet another PvE revival.
You're right, but the solution is something that players will want to stay with and will want to invite their friends to join in on. There's no reason why that thing can't be based in a PvE environment, among others.
dyl1138 wrote:Do I have fond memories of the servers? Yes. Do I wish to recreate them? No.
mourning a trivial past and cowering in fear of their visions of the future of said community
I see where you're coming from and why you might think that's what I'm saying in my post. It's also true for me that I have fond memories, but every time I play PvE I have lots of fun with it, not because of the past but because of the gamemode itself.
When Halo 3 came out it was probably the game I played the most for about 3 or 4 years straight, thousands and thousands of custom games alone. I miss the moments that I had but I still play the game once in a while, not for nostalgia but because it's still a good game with great potential for fun.
Eviltechie wrote:I would almost tell you to go and grab some plugins, a map, and to configure them how you like and we'll host it as mc3, but the whole 1.7 thing is a hitch in that plan. (Bukkit for 1.7 will be out soon, but everything is likely to break.) In a week, once things stabilize, talk to me on irc and I'll see where we stand.
Nice!
Eviltechie wrote:Being on IRC helps with influence, not necessarily being an admin.
Still pending. :)
I was on IRC pretty much constantly for a while, I might get on more frequently now that I know this. Having a stable client (Thanks Azzza!) really helps with being online all the time.
dyl1138 wrote:I thought it was more or less a hellish internship for a babysitting company ran by a hybrid sunflower dog deity.
LOL!
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Re: Safe to update to 1.6.4

Post by Azzza » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:29 am

vxi wrote:Having a stable client (Thanks Azzza!) really helps with being online all the time.
:iamawesome:
ಠ_ರೃ
Website