L4D2 server custom add-ons

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
Archer

Re: L4D2 server custom add-ons

Post by Archer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:36 am

It looks like you need to periodically re-click on the j2.L4D2 Workshop collection to get new maps. I don't want j2.L4D2 to get too spammy, but maybe I should post when new maps get added, once per month at most? What do you guys think?
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:42 am

Archer wrote:It looks like you need to periodically re-click on the j2.L4D2 Workshop collection to get new maps. I don't want j2.L4D2 to get too spammy, but maybe I should post when new maps get added, once per month at most? What do you guys think?
I'd be ok with this if you guys cut down on the number of times you announced that you needed 1 or 2 more players for a L4D2 game, THAT can get spammy.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:06 pm

A Ninja wrote:
Archer wrote:It looks like you need to periodically re-click on the j2.L4D2 Workshop collection to get new maps. I don't want j2.L4D2 to get too spammy, but maybe I should post when new maps get added, once per month at most? What do you guys think?
I'd be ok with this if you guys cut down on the number of times you announced that you needed 1 or 2 more players for a L4D2 game, THAT can get spammy.
What are you talking about? :awesome:
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Archer

Post by Archer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Yeah that was me, noted. I'll stick to group announcements for map updates and the start of Versus games from now on.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:35 am

Modified list to display Co-op campaigns currently hosted on server. Removed Co-op campaigns from One-Click Subscribe. Updated City 17.

Due to complaints about the amount of campaigns being loaded on the server, we're being more strict about what is added and what is not, and new campaigns will replace old ones by poll. And by poll I mean I'll ask people and just figure it out myself. This is unless of course all the maps are absolutely stellar and we just find another absolutely stellar map and you're all "Neelpos please add the campaign but don't remove any of the others" and I'm like "but you said" and you're like "nevermind what I said" and I'm all "listen here u litl shit".
ADDITIONALLY DUE TO THESE COMPLAINTS WE WILL HOLD OFF ON CHANGING THE CAMPAIGNS FOR A WHILE, APART FROM ANY CAMPAIGN UPDATES THE DEVELOPERS RELEASE. If you do not have any of the maps in the list in the OP feel free to subscribe to Archer's Workshop Collection, or download them individually from the L4Dmaps.com links. Remember, you may have to launch L4D2 to initiate the download if you choose to subscribe. If you choose to download from L4Dmaps just unzip the file and double click the .vpk provided, the campaign will install itself.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:02 am

we need 8v8
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:24 am

Listen here u litl shit :teach:

Fuck you. Maybe later.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Archer

Post by Archer » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Ian7 wrote:we need 8v8
Okay, find the plugin or write it.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Archer wrote:
Ian7 wrote:we need 8v8
the plugin
To elaborate, a short amount of googling with little effort on my part turned up lots of different people having problems running it, and from what I can see increased playercounts in L4D2 involves lots of plugins running in conjunction without fucking each other or the gameplay up. Additionally, it wouldn't be a thing where we can have extra players when we want, There would always be 16 players, so if we can only get a single group of 8 the rest would be bots. We would need to run a separate server in order to still be able to play 4v4 while having the option of 8v8. If we want to do increased playercounts in the future it'd probably just be convenient to find some that are already running and play on those.
Archer

Post by Archer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:09 am

Neelpos you forgot to upload goldenthrone.vpk
Archer

Post by Archer » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:24 pm

I really want to add Vienna Calling and Haunted Forest, but they're not Workshop... Haunted Forest is by a j2er as well, Dr. Boo.

Oh and Neelpos, you should swap out Rayman's and Death Aboard 2 in the index post, make sure to emphasize that DA2 needs to be downloaded apart from all the other maps and isn't included in the subscribe.
Archer

Post by Archer » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:02 am

Added Deathcraft II.

Note: Removed Deathcraft for j2.L4D2 maps, Deathcraft II is not a VS Map.
Last edited by Archer on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:41 am

Fuck
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:41 am

this map sucks nerd
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:55 am

Yeah wtf fuck you down with archer neelpos for supreme ruler