do people still play minecraft?

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
Rayray25849

Re: do people still play minecraft?

Post by Rayray25849 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:18 am

Although I'm greatly in favor of a modded server, this topic has been discussed numerous times, with most admins saying that it won't happen to joe.to anytime soon, if not never.
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:31 pm

Then like I said, Joe.to needs something to stand out above the crowd, or be happy with the few people that play, and the waves you get for updates. Why couldn't Joe.to have modded servers anyway?
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:50 am

The idea of a modded server is something that I would consider now.

Anybody know about how to set them up?
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:37 am

Setting up the server is very similar to vanilla, the hard part tends to be choosing which modpack/what mods within the modpack/ banned items, etc
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:46 am

I know you have some experience with this. Would you be interested in setting up a server that we host?
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

untamed

Post by untamed » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Eviltechie wrote:The idea of a modded server is something that I would consider now.

Anybody know about how to set them up?
The most difficult thing is how to moderate it. I was using ForgeEssentials before which has most things bundled, but has little to no plugin support and was very very very buggy, plus it looks like development is dead. There's BukkitForge too, but that looks like it's dead too.

Luckily, most of the mod packs are still using 1.5 or 1.6, and both FE and BF have 1.5 and 1.6 builds. BF would probably be a better option out of the 2 (if you're willing to use it), but I wonder if anyone else has any experience with a better alternative to FE and BF?
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Post by EvilWalrus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:57 pm

I'd like to say that I liked joe.to back at 1.8. It was the only server I could find that had creative. The people were nice, it was ery pooulated, and being trusted was the best! The only restriction was that you couldn't shoot bows or place bedrock. Other than that you had a lot of power. Then the assholes came in and thats why being trusted isn't even worth it. Sure you can place lava, water, and other stuff, but whats the point if no ones there?
Copter

Post by Copter » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:50 pm

On a semi-related note: Go check out our new RPG server that both Techie and Diego have spent months working tirelessly on. Currently its down for maintenence but the thread is here: http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=72382 so stay tuned for info on when it will be officially up.
marbear wrote:I was reading my horoscope this morning and it told me I hate you