[CS:GO] func_vehicle progress

Discussion for all Counter-Strike titles - csgo.joe.to
Spherix

Re: [CS:GO] func_vehicle progress

Post by Spherix » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:59 am

So tomorrow is going to be today, as I want to accompany the prefab with some half decent instructions that I am still writing up.

As for sinking or floating boats, since it's physics based, if you make a structure out of wood, it'll start floating. You could even have the vehicles break under stress or damage, or parts of it (if that floats your boat :') )
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Awesome, hopefully its release will also help work out some of its issues.

There's bound to be a few other mappers out there that have tried similar things and know of how to fix any bugs that we want gone as opposed to preserving. (I really like the ridiculous flipping and hope that stays).

Also thats incredible news about the props actually having physics representing their materials. That was actually one problem of the original func_vehicle cars. Its kind of cool that means this might in some ways be an improvement over func_vehicle.

Does that mean by the way that something like the crazytank could be bullet-resistant? A big problem I remember for the CTs was how incredibly easy it was for the Ts to just wallbang and kill everyone. Every rifle round just flew through the original brushwork crazytank like it was nothing.

I know at least the original crazytank would become a lot more balanced if that was the case.
Spherix

Post by Spherix » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:04 am

Power outage delayed it by a day -_-

And yes, crazytank could be bullet resistant if you make it out of the right materials. Any texture can be made that material type by editing the vmt.

Edit: I'll include a boat sample in the prefab.
Spherix

Post by Spherix » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Finishing up stuff, amphicars prove to be quite fun. Don't mind the odd radio interview, forgot to turn radio off and apparently fraps records that.

AMMO

Post by AMMO » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Omg please remake cc_boathouse with those physics.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Holy shit thats incredible.

Definitely cc_boathouse, definitely everything else that would benefit from those physics.
Spherix

Post by Spherix » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Yeah they behave nicer than I thought, if I'd jump off the ramp that you see in the vid, the car floats back to the top as you'd expect from a floating object and bounces up and down a bit until it stabilizes itself nicely. It's going to be interesting to see how that deals with passengers though.

Writing up these instructions in a way everyone can deal with them is taking a tad longer than I hoped, but I've got those done. Sadly, it's past midnight and my alarm goes off at 7 a.m. All there is to do is to do a final compile, pack the stuff and throw it online. I'll make sure that gets done tomorrow after work, please bear with me here :)
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:16 am

No prob dude, we're all just excited its coming together finally.

We waited 10 years, we can wait another day.
Spherix

Post by Spherix » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:17 am

I think we're there:

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/prefabs/6764

Let me know if it all works as intended.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Hell yeahhhh.

In some time I'll make a few simple maps just to test this and let there be a bit more variety out there.

I'll let everyone know when the first is ready.
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:56 pm

I went looking through my old CS .rmfs to see if there were any car maps that could be easily ported over and it turns out I had 368 rmf files. Some are just different versions and some are for dod and sven coop but still, there's a good 50+ maps that I never released and had completely forgotten about. Most notable being the Tremors map with drivable graboid creature. :[]
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:27 pm

NIPPER wrote:I went looking through my old CS .rmfs to see if there were any car maps that could be easily ported over and it turns out I had 368 rmf files. Some are just different versions and some are for dod and sven coop but still, there's a good 50+ maps that I never released and had completely forgotten about. Most notable being the Tremors map with drivable graboid creature. :[]
Oh my god.
Spherix

Post by Spherix » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Wicked sick. CS:GO may finally become a good game.

If you want me to (help) porting some of those maps over send me a message. I'd love to have more NIPPER maps around, especially the car maps ofc. I don't want to port any of those without you backing it ofc. I can even do the dirty work of setting up the cars if you find it bothersome :)
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:21 pm

This is like one of those times where they do a rerelease of old Hendrix stuff and find like 8 songs that never made it to release so they remaster them and release them except you're alive and it's not money grubbing and it's 50+ maps fucking what.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
AMMO

Post by AMMO » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Wow that's amazing! The NIPPER Collection: Bonus and Remastered