9%
shut up django
43%

Total votes: 46
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Re: Dark souls 2: I started at the bottom, now im dead

Post by narwal » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:17 am

If you want, you can't just run right to the giant's soul and get out. There's goodies in those, though, so I'd run through them a couple times.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:27 am

Oh dang cousin. I was under the impression that I had to kill the 2 clubbed asshole giant at the end to get the soul. Guess I got confused, thanks!
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:30 pm

SHITTIN ON MA DIIIICK

Ancient Dragon = ANCIENT HISTORY. And all 4 memories completed. Just gotta beat Vendrick and then the last 2 bosses and it's GAME OVER. DANG.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Fought Vendrick like twice, realized what a pain in the ass he was and gave up, LIKE A TRUE BOSS. Then went and beat the final two bosses like it weren't NOTHIN.

Watcher and Defender only took me about 3 tries, I could see them easily taking me a lot longer if I had just made one or two more tiny mistakes and kept doing that, as is the case with many DS bosses it seems. But my 3rd try I did a pretty good job keeping on them, I got watcher down to 1 hit left and started working on Defender, but when the defender still had like 1/4 to 1/3 health left I accidentally swung a bit wide with my Drangleic+5 and killed the watcher, at which point I just pummeled out the last of Defender's health as quickly as possible and it worked.

Nashandra took me 2 tries, the first time I just slipped up a bit not realizing she was still so agressive when I was killing her 2nd wave of grey blobs, but on my 2nd run she barely touched me. Much easier final boss than DS1, damn those moves were easy to dodge. Pretty fun boss though, and I had this horrible fear I'd have to fight the watcher defender again after she killed me but thank god it wasn't so.

I AM NOW VIDEO GAME CHAMPION BEAT BOTH DARK SOULS GAMES #1 UNIVERSE.

Didn't expect do get through DS2 so quickly, I'm actually going back on my PS3 and starting Demon souls over (I got like halfway through before but I kind of sucked and I'm a lot better now so starting over and building my character from the beginning seems wise) Just beat 1-1 ez pz.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Just remember that in demons souls armor is useless
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:39 am

So the first DLC comes out on Tuesday or something and of course it's leaked and people are showing what's in it and it's not exactly what you'd hope for.
This includes a boss that's three NPC's in base game armor and equipment

And a reskin of Nashandra on fire

But hey at least Poise is fixed and stunlocking has been nerfed.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:46 am

First one sounds more like a miniboss, like the Smelter Demon or something. Still lame.

Don't really mind Flameshandra.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:18 pm

I hope the dlc truly feels like the one is dark souls 1. Something that above is cut or unfinished content or simply a cash cow.
In dark souls 1 dlc, not only new areas-bosses'armour ,but a complete revamp to the pvp with the arenas and oolacile township, new magic
that reflected the that pvp enhancement, solutions for the soft humanity accumulation of capital, new creative ways of getting into the dlc
by interacting with previous areas.

Bottom line, it felt like those extended editions of LOTR rather than uh 5 extra minutes added nightmare on elm street remake.

so far i been so disappointed with ds2 due the the impossible standards established in the previous game. Plus, game wasnt even made by
the same team, thats fucking wack cant believe i payed full price for this S. C. A . M
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:16 pm

I'm not feelin that DS2 hate that strongly at ALL. It was by no means superior to DS1 but it was a very fun followup and it was cool to play a game with the same Dark Souls formula but with a few changes. A lot of the changes I really liked. The animations and movements felt more fluid and smooth and fast to me, even though you posted about them being the opposite. The game is certainly much prettier, which certainly doesn't make a game but with a game like this that focuses on exploration it's nice to have some pretty scenery to look at. I was a little frustrated with the higher quantity but lower quality of bosses, but it was still a whole lot of fun to fight a good number of them. It was a little annoying they crammed in so many more areas but made them all much smaller, but that also made it cool to be able to explore a bit more diverse terrain as the game progressed.

Last boss was a bit of a letdown sure but last boss in the 1st one was like totes OP cheap unless you beat him in a cheap way or you get really good at parrying which is 100000% not necessary for any other point in the game so it's really lame to make them force you to practice that at the very end. First one was way more of an improvement from Demon Souls than DS1 was to DS2 but still. DS1 really set the bar for games like this and DS2 may have been thrown together by a B team and not be quite up to snuff, but it's still a damn fine game in its own right. I love how they made the inventory and menus better, and I certainly appreciate how much better the PC version was than the DS1 PC version. Maybe I'd have more complaints or more to say one way or the other if I got super into the PVP but I wasn't really. I like these games as single player experiences, a lone hollow against a sea of scary demons going in blind and swinging.

I'm definitely more looking forward to that Project Beast or Bloodborne or whatever theyre calling it now, I'm sure that will be amazing. Still, Dark Souls 2 was a very satisfying game.
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:24 pm

So there was an update recently and all my lightening spells have like half as many uses. Now it isn't good for pvp or pve, cool
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:27 am

Dark Souls 2 was good. I don't think many people will argue that point. The biggest problem for me was it felt... uninspired. I mean, how many bosses were heavily armored humanoids with weapons? That was the biggest disappointment for me. There was no sense of dread when seeing a boss, nor when progressing through an area for that matter. I remember playing the original, I was downright afraid to move forward in some areas. I never really felt that in DS2
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 am

"Most bosses were just variations of 'dude in armor.' FUCK DUDES IN ARMOR. You can decorate your walls with dudes in armor, and many in this world frequently do!"

-Yahtzee
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:02 am

rottencheeseCA wrote:So there was an update recently and all my lightening spells have like half as many uses. Now it isn't good for pvp or pve, cool
That's because if you get your FTH up to at least 40, and wear Sun Seal ring, you'll one or two shot everything in PvE.
They also got a tracking, and damage buff, and what I just wrote before was from my experience with them pre-patch.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:05 am

Neelpos wrote:Image
Wait I just noticed. Is that Havel The rock in the backround?
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:16 am

I need two brave compadres to face the first boss in the DLC with me (the graverobbers). I'm able to kill one by myself but not all 3.

Around 2ish M soulmem, lemme know if you're interested
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!