Hey, let's get rid of double overheal already.

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Re: Hey, let's get rid of double overheal already.

Post by MrBlip » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:32 pm

prolix wrote:unless they patched the GUI showing 200% overheal.
it actually was patched some long time back for some reason. mod support i think
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Cheddars wrote:I can't help but feel some personal bias from Parasyte's side as he does namely play as heavy on the server and is typically the one with 3-4 medics on him at all times steamrolling the other team
I don't play TF2 as much these days and I don't typically jump on heavy unless the tide starts to turn or the other team starts rolling a bunch of heavies/medics. If stats.joe still worked, I bet it would show that I play pyro more frequently than heavy now. When I play pyro I don't usually have a medic stuck on me, but I can still take down a medic heavy combo if I get the drop on them. A little extra overheal means nothing if you know how to approach situations; I know how heavies work and I know their limitations, so I exploit that. Everyone else could, too, but if the extra overheal is really a problem, we should just get rid of it.

As for friendly fire, it still happens plenty. Teamkills are far less frequent, but splash damage, sentry damage, and random cross-fire are just part of the gameplay and we've become conditioned to it. Unless it's excessive or causes our death, we tend to disregard it.
loafozard wrote:Why dont we just get rid of rooftime instead?
When you become better than Rooftime at filling the server, we will get rid of Rooftime.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Parasyte wrote:
When you become better than Rooftime at filling the server, we will get rid of Rooftime.
cp_dustbowl

Server was on rooftime today during some low hours and some of the new gents made this same garb at me whenever i started to cap the last point. At this point in the year, server population is more influenced by time of day rather than hopping on rooftime, so that lame argument can kiss my ass.
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:09 am

how about we ban mastermind while overheal isn't double
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:06 am

loafozard wrote:At this point in the year, server population is more influenced by time of day rather than hopping on rooftime, so that lame argument can kiss my ass.
If by "time of day" you mean "Rooftime", then I agree completely. I'll spend an hour or so on TF4 during low-pop and see no significant increase in players, then I'll put up a Rooftime vote, the vote passes, the map changes, and people start joining. It's pretty damn coincidental that it's always the right "time of day" as soon as Rooftime goes up.

Rooftime populates the server; the end. This has been demonstrated dozens of times at all "points" in the year, so your lame argument can can kiss MY ass.

We digress...
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:15 am

Parasyte r u scared of losing ur double heal?

dont b a bby
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:56 am

Parasyte wrote:
Cheddars wrote:I can't help but feel some personal bias from Parasyte's side as he does namely play as heavy on the server and is typically the one with 3-4 medics on him at all times steamrolling the other team
I don't play TF2 as much these days and I don't typically jump on heavy unless the tide starts to turn or the other team starts rolling a bunch of heavies/medics. If stats.joe still worked, I bet it would show that I play pyro more frequently than heavy now. When I play pyro I don't usually have a medic stuck on me, but I can still take down a medic heavy combo if I get the drop on them. A little extra overheal means nothing if you know how to approach situations; I know how heavies work and I know their limitations, so I exploit that. Everyone else could, too, but if the extra overheal is really a problem, we should just get rid of it.

As for friendly fire, it still happens plenty. Teamkills are far less frequent, but splash damage, sentry damage, and random cross-fire are just part of the gameplay and we've become conditioned to it. Unless it's excessive or causes our death, we tend to disregard it.
I have absolutely no problems taking out a heavy medic combo as parasyte can tell you all. i have taken him and/or his medic out many many times as a pyro. I am fine with where the overheal is right now.
Django wrote:Parasyte r u scared of losing ur double heal?

dont b a bby
When you start playing again you can talk shit django. until then, hush yer face son.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Maha

Post by Maha » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:11 pm

I can get his Medic but the only thing I manage to do to Parasyte is get rid of most of his overheal and that's with Backburner crits. :P

I don't have much problem with it anymore and I've pretty much adjusted to it by now. I helped. That's all I need to know.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:12 pm

Django wrote:Parasyte r u scared of losing ur double heal?

dont b a bby
Perhaps you missed my post where I explained that I don't typically benefit from the double heal because I play pyro now.

Regardless, every time there's a vote, the majority of people want to keep the overheal the way it is, but I simply have no fucks to give either way. It's such a non-issue that it's rather silly that it continues to be brought up every 6 months. Either it's a feature of the server and we leave it at that, or it's a detriment to the server and we should get rid of it. I just wish we could be done with this conversation.

Hippie makes a valid point, though; you don't even play anymore. If you did, I would gladly kill you with or without the double overheal.
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:16 pm

The major problem has always been that a fully charged headshot is balanced to kill an overhealed heavy in one shot. So if this issue comes down to a popularity contest we will never loose double overheal, since there are more medics and heavies on the server than snipers. Also Medics and heavies have a better reputation helping out there teams than snipers do. Who would want balanced snipers, except snipers? The only hope we have is if a senior admin decides to change it. Mastermind, steal your parent's cedit card and send it to baxter
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:17 pm

step 1) kill medic, either by your own hand or by tap dancing around him enough that parasyte does it on his own.

step 2) either get gunned down or run away to a new corner to ambush the medicless para

ta da
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:20 pm

rottencheeseCA wrote:The major problem has always been that a fully charged headshot is balanced to kill an overhealed heavy in one shot.
Simple fix: Make headshots kill everyone regardless of overheal
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:35 pm

parasyte stop acting like your the friggin 1 percent % just because you play heavy in our broken overheal server

There are other people who would love to enjoy the game, and you know not get killed stupidly trying to take down 1 heavy is not enjoyable.

If we get rid of the overheal, far more people would be benefit from it, compared to the 3 guys who play really good heavy (parasyte, ninja, me)
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:38 pm

Django wrote:parasyte stop acting like your the friggin 1 percent just because you play heavy in our broken overheal server

There are other people who would love to enjoy the game, and you know not get killed stupidly trying to take down 1 heavy.

If we get rid of the overheal, far more people would be benefit from it, compared to the 3 guys who play really good heavy (parasyte, ninja, me)
I'm not sure which 1% you are referring to, but you win; I fully endorse the removal of that extra 50% overheal. Please bring it down to the standard 150%. I'm curious to see what people will blame next when this changes absolutely nothing.

Edit: I appreciate that you revised your post to make some of it very large and red; quite impressive and unnecessary.

Another Edit: You play heavy??
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:17 pm

I'd just like a headshot buff kthxbye
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more