Next Gen Consoles

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Next Gen Consoles

Post by Jason » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Who's got one? Which do you have and what do you think of them?

I def want a WiiU just for the Nintendo exclusives, but between X-Boner and PSQuadruple I'm curious as to what peoples opinions are.
Now that xbox one sells without the kinect and they got rid of pretty much all of the dumb shit that made people nerdrage during their initial advertising campaign, and how many games are cross platform nowadays, it makes the decision a little bit tougher.

So far I'm leaning a little heavily towards PS4, I know the specs for both are similar with the PS4 being slightly more powerful in a couple of categories, so that's not a huge factor but it's something. It mostly comes down to exclusives I'd say, but then there's also the factor of who plays online if I want to get into playing online w/ people I know.

I'm really leaning towards the PS4 because of shit like Bloodborne and Uncharted and No Man's Sky. But I never did get to play Halo 4 and that whole Halo collection thing is coming out and it would be fun to play all of those again all remastered and shit, and get to play online w/ people especially when Halo 5 comes out. I'm pretty hype about FFXV and KH3 but those are going to be cross platform from what I've read. I'm probably going to wind up w/ the PS4 around xmas time but I'm wondering what other peoples experiences are and if anyone has strong opinions one way or the other.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
RideTheWalrus
Butts.
<font color=#FF80BF><b><i>Butts.</i></b></font>

Re: Next Gen Consoles

Post by RideTheWalrus » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:54 pm

I'm still considering getting a ps4. Not 100% sure yet though. The only reason I can justify spending that kind of money is if it launches some decent exclusives.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Yeah but the xbone has D4 can't miss out on that
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

jermm

Post by jermm » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:03 pm

xbox one has better exclusives this year (halo remake, sunset overdrive, forza 5 and forza open-world). I'd want a kinect though, for the weird disney Harmonix game, dance central, and shouting at my TV to pause netflix.

the PS4 is great, it's getting a bunch of fun indie games, has "better" versions of big games, PS+ constantly delivers cool things. Mine is kinda loud, the controller needs to be charged a lot (maybe because of the light show, maybe because it has a headphone jack), and I'm out of space on the 500GB HDD.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:25 pm

They both ship with the same HDD space afaik and I know the Xboner supports external memory but the pS4 doesnt if I'm remembering right. Idk. I do want those halos but even if they're not coming out super son I REALLY fucking want Bloodborne and No Man's Sky.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
Maha

Post by Maha » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Considering a WiiU so I can play Bayonetta 2 and also not play Bayonetta 1 on the PS3
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Im a bit more on the fence now because I know I'll probably have both a few years down the road and if a lot of the PS4 exclusives I want are coming a couple of years later anyway. Idk though, a lot of the cross platform shit on XBONE isn't even 1080p. Not that my TV is that great anyway. But I know some people that will be playing Halo that would be fun to play w/ online. I DONO. FUDGE.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Roommate and I both went in on a Wii U, you can get one from Nintendo for $200. Good console, lots of neat games and of course Smash and Kart are must haves.

As for other console exclusives I can't really think of any that would make me want a console except Bloodborne, MGSV is coming to PC, and Microsoft is on a kick of releasing large titles on PC as well, seem to be slowly doing it more and more.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:23 pm

I'm probably going to get a x-boner or psquatr from the wench as a gift and then just buy a wii-U with money that is mine. I got a job at best buy so I'll probably wait until I can get some sort of deal (discount isn't usually very good on consoles but they'll a lot of times have open box deals and other employee shit that you can get in on)
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:22 pm

but money
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm personally not a huge fan the nest-gen stuff, however when I do get around to upgrading it'll probably be to Ps4. Blood borne all the way.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Meh. Simple as that. I have a good-enough computer as it is. Not going to grab any of the next-gen consoles unless i suddenly happen upon a ton of spending cash.
jermm

Post by jermm » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:49 pm

I need to start an amazon subscribe and save on R2 buttons.

fucking 3 busted R2 buttons.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:36 pm

I'd say PS4. Xbox One doesn't really have much going for it, at least from my perspective. Even if there aren't too many great games on it right now, it'd be silly to say the PS4's library won't get ridiculously good. As a Wii U owner, I feel like the PS4 is the best supplemental console for a WiiU/PC gamer. Itll have some killer exclusives in a few months or so. Xbone just doesn't really have that.
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."