Five Nights At Freddie's 3

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Roughjericho

Five Nights At Freddie's 3

Post by Roughjericho » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:19 pm

Well it's confirmed.

http://www.pcgamer.com/five-nights-at-f ... n-its-way/
PC Gamer's Shawn Prescott wrote:Update: Five Nights at Freddy's 3 is definitely in production, according to an auto-response email I received from Scott Games: "Five Nights at Freddy's 3 is in production! Please do not email me asking any questions about it; NO questions about FNaF3 will be read or answered!"
Prepare yourselves, horror fans. As for me...

Sanvich Hoovy

Re: Five Nights At Freddie's 3

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Roughjericho wrote: Prepare yourselves, horror fans.
But it isn't horror. :/
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:09 pm

It's a horror game. Whether or not it's good horror is subjective to the player.
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:14 pm

I haven't played the 2nd but holy shit this guy is workin overtime for that easy money
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:03 pm

narwal wrote:I haven't played the 2nd but holy shit this guy is workin overtime for that easy money
He would be stupid not to milk this for as much as he can. Shit I'd be up to the 12th game by now if I were this guy.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:It's a horror game. Whether or not it's good horror is subjective to the player.
Horror is something that's supposed to stick with you after you've walked away from it, whether that be because it continues to frighten you, or because it makes you question yourself afterwords like Silent Hill 2 or Lovecraft. These don't even manage to scare me, I'm a little startled if I "lose", but they're pretty forgettable overall. Like an upgraded version of the Maze Game, or a "scary" Pacman.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:25 pm

still not as scary as SkiFree when the yeti jumps out and eats you
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:29 pm

I disagree. Amnesia doesn't stay with me or make me question myself. But its a damn good horror game. I'd say that while the BEST horror games manage to accomplish what you stated, I'd say as a whole, those aren't necessarily necessities for the genre. The games are going for atmosphere more than anything else from what I've seen. And while I've yet to play the games, they seem to get the creepy environment down more or less. The story is pretty silly and the concept isn't necessarily very original, but so far they seem like decent little titles that provide a few genuine creeps spooks.
Grndslmhttr3 wrote:still not as scary as SkiFree when the yeti jumps out and eats you
Well of course, nothing can match the pants-shitting fear that that yeti managed to induce in children around the globe
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

Maha

Post by Maha » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Again, horror is subjective. Just because it doesn't scare you personally doesn't mean it isn't horror for anyone else.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:necessarily necessities
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Brig
Swiggity Swoogity

Post by Brig » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Its a horror game, just not a quality type of horror for the most part. Its jump scares which is the cheapest form on it, relying on quick fight-or-flight instinct to shock the player for a moment when something unexpected happens and calling it a scare. It is, just one that relies on the fact that the brain's survival instincts kick in when a loud surprise occurs in your face. It doesn't leave you chilled for hours due to psychological toying like quality games do.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:23 am

It's not horror. It's jump scare. Huge difference
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:31 am

Jump scares are a hallmark of the horror genre. Don't be dumb.

Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:13 pm

This is what I'm trying to say:

mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Yes, and as I already countered: