A note on playing music in TF2

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

A note on playing music in TF2

Post by Eviltechie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:14 am

TF2 uses the SILK audio codec, which is designed for voice, not music. Since the human voice has a relatively narrow frequency range, voice codecs save on bandwidth by cutting out frequencies outside this range. In pretty much all cases, this means cutting out the high end, and often some of the low.

If you are going to be "that guy" and play music, try to stick to songs with more conventional instruments. Guitars, pianos, etc. Music that relies on the extreme highs and lows, like anything electronic, is not going to sound right at all.

20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Re: A note on playing music in TF2

Post by Hippie of doom » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:48 am

And please please please make sure the volume of the music when it is played back is not too loud. The louder it is the more horrible it sounds.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Re: A note on playing music in TF2

Post by Ian7 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Or just don't play entire songs. Short clips (5-15sec) are fine and kinda funny but anything more and I hate you.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2