Gun Mettle Update OR: TF:GO

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
I_AM_SQUIRREL
Pelipper The Scarf God

Re: Gun Mettle Update OR: TF:GO

Post by I_AM_SQUIRREL » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:46 am

Jox wrote:if you guys get the new crates ill totally trade you stuff for them probably.
I already sold it. They are currently going for $8.50
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Any have a box trot taunt they be willing to trade me?

Eughuegheughuegh METAL GEAR!
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
timtoborne

Post by timtoborne » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:23 pm

KatanaRama wrote:Any have a box trot taunt they be willing to trade me?

Eughuegheughuegh METAL GEAR!
I found this, and thought it was funny.

Steam is BLU_Collar, PSN is GGLinear, and my LoL account name is Somber Rites.

It's been years since I've spoken with any of you, but if you ever want to play or just talk, feel free to contact me.
Malone

Post by Malone » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm seeing a lot of cop-out updates in TF2. The last couple have been centered around cosmetics and features you have to pay for, which is kind of asinine. I've always felt really strongly about having to pay for in-game items and features, so my opinion might be biased, but isn't that kind of unfair?
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Malone wrote:I'm seeing a lot of cop-out updates in TF2. The last couple have been centered around cosmetics and features you have to pay for, which is kind of asinine. I've always felt really strongly about having to pay for in-game items and features, so my opinion might be biased, but isn't that kind of unfair?
I managed to sell the crates for this update and break even on costs.
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
timtoborne

Post by timtoborne » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:46 pm

Malone wrote:I'm seeing a lot of cop-out updates in TF2. The last couple have been centered around cosmetics and features you have to pay for, which is kind of asinine. I've always felt really strongly about having to pay for in-game items and features, so my opinion might be biased, but isn't that kind of unfair?
God forbid Valve try to make money off of optional events in a free to play game.

It's been years since I've spoken with any of you, but if you ever want to play or just talk, feel free to contact me.
Maha

Post by Maha » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:44 pm

timtoborne wrote:
God forbid Valve try to make money off of optional events in a free to play game.
You'd have an argument if Valve didn't have Steam backing up their wallets for the rest of their lives.

Even without Steam, Valve probably a good sum of cash off of keys alone.
timtoborne

Post by timtoborne » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:09 pm

Maha wrote:You'd have an argument if Valve didn't have Steam backing up their wallets for the rest of their lives. Even without Steam, Valve probably a good sum of cash off of keys alone.
Fair enough, but never forget, Valve is a business first and foremost. If I had to guess, customer needs and opinions are probably somewhere in the middle of their priority list.

Maha

Post by Maha » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:30 pm

timtoborne wrote:
Maha wrote:You'd have an argument if Valve didn't have Steam backing up their wallets for the rest of their lives. Even without Steam, Valve probably a good sum of cash off of keys alone.
Fair enough, but never forget, Valve is a business first and foremost. If I had to guess, customer needs and opinions are probably somewhere in the middle of their priority list.
That's obvious. :P

You just can't pair TF2 with that reasoning of making money like it's Valve's only source of income.
timtoborne

Post by timtoborne » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:36 pm

Maha wrote:You just can't pair TF2 with that reasoning of making money like it's Valve's only source of income.
Didn't mean it that way, but I'll be mindful of how I word my asshole statements. :)