My life has been whack

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

My life has been whack

Post by EvilWalrus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:14 am

Hi. I'm not very active anymore, but who is anyways?

I joined this forum when I was 11. I'm 19 now. Kinda crazy. I usually think back and cringe about all the stupid shit I posted on the forums. Definitely have matured a lot (or at least I like to think so).

So yeah, February was probably the worst month of my life. I was pretty happy before then. Doing good with this whole life thing, and then I met a girl, and accidentally fell into the whole feelings thing too hard. To be fair, I thought she felt the same way, and that kinda excited me beyond rational thinking. Then I told her, and she didn't really feel the same way. She lead me on pretty hard. I don't think she meant to, I just think she comes from a rough background and was using me to get attention. She kept inviting me to dinner dates and midnight adventures and stuff. Anyways, the whole thing put me in a pretty deep depression. I just kinda stayed in my room unless I had class or work. Smoked a lot of weed, drank a lot of alcohol. Fun stuff.

Then life hit me in the face pretty hard. Turns out all those coping mechanisms I used were not great at all. I started failing a class called Discrete Math beyond recovery. I thought I'd just drop the class, no biggie. Turns out in my school you had to take Discrete Math while taking Computer Science II, and dropping one required dropping the other. These were my only two classes this semester, and I basically was forced to drop them both, despite having a pretty killer grade in Computer Science.

Anyways, I guess instead of putting me into a deeper depression, I kinda got my head out of my ass. I completely got over this girl, I dropped the weed and the alcohol, and now I spend my free time actually doing stuff. I forgot how cool outside was. I'm just hanging out around my town, enjoying the sun. I'm also learning C# and Unity through some courses I bought on Udemy. I've gained a lot of motivation to actually do stuff now.

I guess I just wanted to share a brief story about how my life was the shittiest it had ever been just a couple months ago and how I ended up becoming happy again.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Re: My life has been whack

Post by Ian7 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:29 am

Hey man yeah I'm not very active anymore either. Getting my Doctorates and not living near home so most of my computer time is spent gaming with my friends from home. If you ever wanna play League, CS, or PUBG feel free to hmu.

Life is hard in your early 20s. You're figuring out alot of shit about the real world and older people usually say "OH LIFE IS SO EASY WHEN YOURE YOUNG". And they're not wrong in a way. However, figuring out these "simple" things that people in their late 20s take for granted understanding can be a rough process sometimes. What I try to remind myself now is anyone or anything that can or is willing to disrupt my schooling does not care enough about me to keep around/give my time and energy too. If you ever just wanna chat feel free to hmu on Steam if I'm on. Good luck on your degree, I know several people in your field and if you keep on track you'll lead a pretty comfortable late 20s early 30s.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Post by EvilWalrus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:21 pm

I'll add you on Steam later today when I get the chance. I actually don't play as much multiplayer as I used to, but I'd totally be down to play some League.

Also I forgot to mention that I ended up changing my degree to a Game Dev degree. I know it's not a "successful" as CS, but I was gonna use my CS degree for game dev anyways, but I ended up hating the math requirements for CS. Anyways, the game dev degree actually makes me pretty excited, so I think it'll end up making me a lot happier :)
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:33 pm

you seem to be doing pretty good though
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Post by EvilWalrus » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:27 pm

I'm definitely doing great emotionally. It's kinda weird, but being out of school actually makes me a lot less stressed right now. I'm enjoying this mini break before the next semester.
510 Baud One

Post by 510 Baud One » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:22 pm

What a rollercoaster, glad to hear you're doing better EvilWalrus. Udemy.com is amazing, I have several courses I purchased from them, and keep getting tempted to buy more and more because of the extremely low cost of each one.

How is your Unity skill coming along?
510 BauD OnE

(]~_~[) (Listening to mp3s)

Steam Profile

“Everything you want is on the other side of fear.”
-Jack Canfield
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Post by EvilWalrus » Wed May 08, 2019 3:16 am

510 Baud One wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:22 pm
Admittedly I should be working on it more, but I have learned quite a lot! You actually reminded me that I should get back into the course. Took a prolonged break on accident.
510 Baud One

Post by 510 Baud One » Thu May 30, 2019 2:06 am

EvilWalrus wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:16 am
510 Baud One wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:22 pm
Admittedly I should be working on it more, but I have learned quite a lot! You actually reminded me that I should get back into the course. Took a prolonged break on accident.
It is difficult to break away from patterns and habits to introduce something new to make a habit out of, like moving forward through a self-paced online course or tutorial... free or one you paid for, but it is worth it. I have to keep looking and different videos and articles of other people who struggled, but made it happen, and seeing how much happier they are once they achieved that goal : )
510 BauD OnE

(]~_~[) (Listening to mp3s)

Steam Profile

“Everything you want is on the other side of fear.”
-Jack Canfield
jermm

Post by jermm » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:20 am

lol i dropped like 3 math classes during my cs degree

also look into the dumb mental health "group classes" and laugh about how the instructor dude is weird!