anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum

do you play d&d?

Yes
41%
hell no!
18%
NERD ALERT NERD ALERT
36%
yes, but i'm saying no as to not provoke the beatings i receaved as a child due to playing D&D, "closet nerd"
5%

Total votes: 22
theGimpboy

D&D

Post by theGimpboy » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:39 am

anyone here into D&D? I've been playing now for about a year or two and I've just got into painting minitures! It is great, i love it. I haven't played on my computer in some time all I can do is paint minis because they look just so damn cool. Please tell me I am not the only geek around here!

*thinks to self*
we're all geeks methinks

*rolls d20+16*
*rolls natural 20 POSSIBAL CRIT*
*rolls d20+16*
*AC 36*
*gimpboy CRITS!*
*orc shaman HP 46*
*rolls 4d6+22 damage against the orc shaman*
*orc shaman HP 0*

My new char level 6 Fighter level 3 Knight of the Purple Dragon
knoid
            Mostly Ornamental
            <b><font color=#556b2f>Mostly Ornamental</font></b>

Post by knoid » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:03 pm

Play some WarHammer 40K instead :-)
Cc_Hairy wrote:my favorite part:

fart life may cause less gross suffering than some other evils; but spooge, being more universal fart more subtle, pain. fart remedy lies, indeed, partly fart charity,
Cc_Gr:m

Post by Cc_Gr:m » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:38 pm

i played D&D and Ace of Aces as a middle school student. i went from having a Dungeon Master to having a Clan leader (bad news depending on context haha).
"Actually it's quite fun to fight them, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up there with you. I like brawling. You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil, You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them." Lt. Gen. James Mattis 2005
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:38 pm

i enjoyed reading the books when i was a kid but i never played it - combination of no friends, no imagination and no patience
redBULLman

Post by redBULLman » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:46 pm

i havent played it yet, i might start to though. in my opinion you have to be careful with it, so that it doesnt take over your life. nothing should become so important that you lose sight of other things like school. or in my case God.
Drink RED BULL, it gives you WIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS. redBULLman
Cc_King_Kong_Assassin: *uses his Jedi pimp slap*
Quoted from Cnn.com-"The energy drink Red Bull is banned for sale in Norway and Denmark. "

I am 80% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
theGimpboy

Post by theGimpboy » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:45 pm

no kidding red, i went to a comic/gaming store by my house to get a mini on sunday and asked what i needed to start painting them and the guy knew everything, he was like 40, HUGE and had a scrabbly beard. Have you seen the comic book guy on the simpsons? i met him basically, he depressed me about buying the mini, but i did anyway.

BTW lol@joe no friends, that sux
redBULLman

Post by redBULLman » Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:14 am

mini?? what do u mean by that?
Drink RED BULL, it gives you WIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS. redBULLman
Cc_King_Kong_Assassin: *uses his Jedi pimp slap*
Quoted from Cnn.com-"The energy drink Red Bull is banned for sale in Norway and Denmark. "

I am 80% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
theGimpboy

Post by theGimpboy » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:46 pm

mini would be as in miniture, aka http://www.reapermini.com
NutheaD

Post by NutheaD » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:26 pm

d&d is great! In moderation :)

The sourcebooks and stuff are all interesting reading material, and remember d&d is a social game meant to interact with people. The most you should play d&d is once a week for about 2-4 hours. Any more than that it becomes more than a leisure activity.
tommythecat

Post by tommythecat » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:40 am

I used to play it religiously from back in the old days, before it got complicated. After they came out with the advanced D&D I started to lose interest. I have to admit I was a closet D&D dork from about age 10-15. As I got older I started to party and chase women, so it kinda just went away.
“Well I remember it as though it were a meal ago”...said Tommy the Cat as he reeled back to clear what ever foreign matter had made its way into his mighty throat, many a fat alley rat had met its demise while staring point blank down the cavernous barrel of this awesome prowling machine…Truly a wonder of nature this urban predator...Tommy the Cat had many a story to tell...but it was a rare occasion such as this, that he did...
Nuclear Core Meltdown

Post by Nuclear Core Meltdown » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:27 am

I've played D&D before, i havent really grasped the whole being your character thing. Im still kinda being me, I only know one person who can DM so i dont play too much. Plus it takes alot of time, and some good people to make it real fun.
Volmarias

Post by Volmarias » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:46 pm

NEERRRRDDSS!

Heh. I played it too a few times, the only problem is the rules lawyering that goes on, and that every time I played as the DM I physically could not the players sitting next to me. They had level 3 charecters and I had an army of level 2 charecters. I suck :(
Twinkie

Post by Twinkie » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:15 am

ok, well i always wanted to play...(how nerdy was that) couldnt find anyone who was into it...finally i did ...i played for about 20 minutes before we both got mutually pissed and left...
"It's like this. I threw myself into living and now that's what i'm writing about. if i'd wanted to be happy, i'd have played tennis"-Charles Bukowski
artslave

Post by artslave » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:45 am

I played a little bit of a dead game called Rune Quest but I never played D&D. Even though I didn't play, I really enjoyed painting the miniatures when I was a kid. I still have a box of dragons and my favorite knights somewhere.
Oz .: aka artslave :.