NIPPER plz make a helms_deep version for DoD,would be great!

Like such as the NIPPER

would you like a DoD version of Helms_Deep?

definately, YES!!
16%
maybe, could be a good idea
16%
doesnt matter to me, i dont play DoD
63%
No, i would not like it
5%

Total votes: 19
ProFF7

NIPPER plz make a helms_deep version for DoD,would be great!

Post by ProFF7 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:22 am

I love Helms_Deep map in CS, but there is still the feeling that lacks something there... as CS its in "survival" mode, i always feel that even on 32 ppl servers, there is not enought people, as in lord of the rings there were hundreds, thousands of people battling

in Day of Defeat, people respawns constantly, so there is the feeling of constant hordes of enemies assaulting the fortress, and the defenders sending backups and trying to keep every bit of terrain.

i am a fan of your maps NIPPER, and here in spain i know a lot others in the DoD community that love your maps, maybe we should arrange a petition online to ask you for a DoD version of Helms Deep ;)

probably an adaptation would need a few changues, for example, someone should sacrifice to blow the bomb at the sewer, with a special item like the TNT at Caen, that you cannot get too easily, it should not be detonated just firing at it, as sacrificing a life is not that pointless cause you respawn inmediatly in DoD.
also the number of ladders to climb the first wall should be reduced, or those could be totaly eliminated, as is too easy to get in instead than blowing the wall. i thinked about something, i dont know if that can be done, is there any way to create movile ladders that you can push to bring them by the wall and then climb by them? that would be cool too
some modifications could be needed too at the inner fortress, but your the master at mapping and will know better what to do, if you decide to make a DoD version of Helms_deep ;)
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner

Post by nightmare 101 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:57 am

sounds like a pretty good idea but i uninstalled DOD cause it bored me after i got Return to Castle Wolfenstein..lol but anywayz if nipper does a mke a DOD version id be happy to install DOD and play it
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
MongoTheMad

Post by MongoTheMad » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:34 am

DoD > all war games
Stupid question:
If you can't ask a man if they are "gay", can you ask them if they are "strait"?

Post by Default » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:20 pm

I, uhh... I love the LOTR:TT movie and was extremely suprised how accurate Nippers version of the Battle of Helms Deep was. The only thing that I think is off, is the part after you blow up the wall and you run in. In the movie there is a very large stair case that slants up to the top, and in Nippers version there are two doors with ladders inside the doors leading to the top. In my opinion, I think Nippers version is better for the game, because you actually would be able to get inside without have campers at the top of the stairs just throwing nades and shooting down with pistols as you run up. VERY good job again, Nipper.

-[SC] <12> Default
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:28 pm

people would just go prone out in the feild and snipe. But thats pretty much what happens everywhere in DoD though.
nightmare 101

Post by nightmare 101 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:07 pm

i dont snipe,i run in wit the thompson and ownz dem F00z!!
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
Volmarias

Post by Volmarias » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:37 pm

Replace vile orcs with vile nazis!

"WO IST MEIN KOSTBARES?!"
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:38 pm

NIPPER wrote:people would just go prone out in the feild and snipe. But thats pretty much what happens everywhere in DoD though.
Yea, he would have to restrict machine guns, sniper rifles, and light infantry.
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
Tasslehoff [eLa]

Post by Tasslehoff [eLa] » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:10 pm

<---- bar n00b
ProFF7

Post by ProFF7 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:36 am

people would just go prone out in the feild and snipe
with the layout of the map, anybody that just snipes in the field would be smashed easily by grenades. anyway its easy to limit classes in DoD, but of course it depends on server variables.

you could do a DoD version like you did Helms_Deep_ag with all weapons, the original Helms_deep.bsp was the optimal and balanced map, while helms_deep_ag can be used better for customized games. i will put you an example:

lately me and some friends discovered a very fun way to play, that would fit the medieval/fantasy theme of lord of the rings. we tryied it in De_Dust, and it was lots of fun. what we did was to play only with knife (Sword), scope-less scout (bow and arrows) and scope-less AWP (heavy crossbow). maybe with 1.6 even shields could be used. of course its very difficult to play this kind of game in public servers, when nobody colaborates, but its absolutely great in private games, its pretty difficult to aim scout without any zoom (and even harder to aim with AWP) but with some skills its perfectly possible, and it transmits the sensation as you were firing a bow. what i mean, drop us a DoD version of Helms_Deep, and let us be creative with it, we could even play melee-only games, with DoD´s reinforcement system it would be too coool
Yea, he would have to restrict machine guns, sniper rifles, and light infantry.
thats easily changued in DoD servers, and im agreed with you. maybe just ONE machine gun, a few light infantry, and NO sniper

Post by Default » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:45 pm

i have to try out that thing you were talking about, but the only thing is that the scout would own. I can kill people with no scope, its almost as easy with the scope. Also the scout would own if someone tried to come up with a knife. And as usuall, the jerks that ruin everything, would click the scope on, kill someone, take it off, and act like "wow i killed a guy with a awp no zoom 1 tr00ly 4m 1333337!!!!111"
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:09 pm

If there was a way to restirct the useage of scopes I would have made it scouts only.

Anyway about the dod thing I actually might do it cause I just had a briliant idea for it that probably wont work :lol:

Post by Default » Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:27 pm

lol sounds great....
ProFF7

Post by ProFF7 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:27 pm

have to try out that thing you were talking about, but the only thing is that the scout would own. I can kill people with no scope, its almost as easy with the scope.
you should really try a game knifes+scopeless-scout (with lots of people). Scope-less Scout is not as good as it may seem, but also is not as bad as some may think, of course, from medium to short range is a very valid weapon, specially if the target is inmovile, but at long ranges it realy lacks precission. when i play games just with scopeless-scout against other weapons most of the time i get killed, but if i have a good day i can kill some, i performed a 7-2 (8-2 if you count the knife kill in first round 8) ), ppl were observing me in first person mode so they were all laughing at the weird use i give the scout
Also the scout would own if someone tried to come up with a knife.
as someone with a bow would own someone coming with sword, from some distance. but trust me, is not that dificult to kill someone with a knife, if he has scout. its easy to hit a stationary target with scout, but if the target keeps moving, its very tricky to hit. most of the time is better to get the knife out when your enemy gets too near. believe me, i already played some games in this mode, and its a pretty equal modality
And as usuall, the jerks that ruin everything, would click the scope on, kill someone, take it off, and act like "wow i killed a guy with a awp no zoom 1 tr00ly 4m 1333337!!!!111"
is rare having a game without some of these jerks fucking around. but about the scope thing, i just tell people to watch them in observer mode/ first person view to make sure they do not "cheat". if its in a private server then someone just kicks the one who is disturbing, and if its a public game you can only rely on admin_vote_kick and the support of other people who want to play this way
If there was a way to restirct the useage of scopes I would have made it scouts only.
yeah, i know, but as we have helms_deep_ag we can play more customized games, that we couldnt play in helms_deep. anyway, to play in public servers, i prefer the original helms_deep.
Anyway about the dod thing I actually might do it cause I just had a briliant idea for it that probably wont work :lol:
cant wait to see what you thinked about :lol:
ProFF7

Post by ProFF7 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:44 am

so how is that going Nipper?