Decoy Spray Vote!!

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.

should decoy sprays be allowed?

YES! they should be legal!
68%
NO! kick those who use them!
32%

Total votes: 38
pneuma

Post by pneuma » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:55 pm

UCSDCanonfodder wrote: Its a huge advantage to the camping team. Rushers dont have time to stop and examine every ct to make sure he is real, they need to shoot at them to move forward.

There is no equivlent spray for a rushing team to use... You can't lay down a moving around the corner spray.

Unfair advantage = do not use
Advantage, yes. Not unfair.

Terrorists have an unfair advantage in cs overall. They rush on de maps, where the opposing force is spread over at minimum two bombsites; they camp on cs maps, guarding a single location; and on as maps all they gotta do is kill one guy. Eight out of the top ten players on this server join terrorists more than counter-terrorists, with rank #7: [FSU]|-Koot-|-ChuBaGa-| [eLa] leading the pack with a whopping 91 joined t's, 15 joined ct's.

Does this mean Koot has cheated, by using the t's natural advantage in the game to inflate his own stat's? Absolutley not. It's an advantage, but it is not unfair.

Hiding behind boxes, choosing a model whose coloration blends you into the background, hiding in the shadows, boosting - all of these are advantages one team can take over another that all have one thing in comon: anyone can do it.

If anyone can do it, how is that unfair?

Ct's can make use of them on de maps, t's on cs maps, and both side could make equal use of them on as maps. So where is the unfair part?
pneuma, n:

1. Air or an all-pervading fiery essence in the air which is the creative and animating spirit of the universe.
2. Soul or psyche.

Origin: Greek. Pneuma, air, breath.
MEDIC!!

MEDIC!!

Post by MEDIC!! » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:32 pm

I hate when people complain about camping if your objectives is to stop the opposing team from rescuing/planting then that is not CAMPING and besides i luv sprays helps out alot. Especially when there are nobbs that shoot at 5 sprays sigh i did.

DAMN you Happy i feel so ashamed :(

i was 1 of those idiots that was still alive shooting atleast 6 different T's spray on inferno ESPECIALLY when u wre on my CT team.
Diggity
resident expendable statistic
resident expendable statistic

Post by Diggity » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:21 pm

I think I'm going to make myself a blending wall spray now. its pretty much the same thing
Twinkie

Post by Twinkie » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:37 pm

i cant even believe this topic is getting so much interest...

people actually fall for the decoy sprays?
"It's like this. I threw myself into living and now that's what i'm writing about. if i'd wanted to be happy, i'd have played tennis"-Charles Bukowski
.X.

Post by .X. » Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:28 pm

Well, I can't even see sprays... Anybody know why?? Actually, I prefer to keep it this way, so don't tell me. Besides, I don't need to worry about getting distracted now =)
Unleash the Justice of Heaven :innocent:, Fury of Hell :twisted:~!