Decoy Spray Vote!!

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.

should decoy sprays be allowed?

YES! they should be legal!
68%
NO! kick those who use them!
32%

Total votes: 38
Flashed

Decoy Spray Vote!!

Post by Flashed » Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:00 pm

vote!
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:21 pm

im not going to kick anyone unless someone gives me a good reason to do so
Diggity
resident expendable statistic
resident expendable statistic

Post by Diggity » Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:45 pm

In a fire fight, a player does not have time to look and see if his target is in fact not a spray.

On nuke we had a guy spray in the left rush path. So 5 t's burst around the corner and most of them shot at a spray on the wall because they didn't have time to examine it.

A lot of people on low res comps can't even tell the different in close range.

Its a huge advantage to the camping team. Rushers dont have time to stop and examine every ct to make sure he is real, they need to shoot at them to move forward.

There is no equivlent spray for a rushing team to use... You can't lay down a moving around the corner spray.

Unfair advantage = do not use
Happy Dude [eLa]

Post by Happy Dude [eLa] » Sat Nov 23, 2002 8:43 pm

hmm
its a big advantage for the camping team or the "sprayer" because if the otherteam shoots at it and then realizes its fake they usally reload. and thats when the "sprayer" springs out of the hiding spot and kills that guy
MEDIC!!

MEDIC!!

Post by MEDIC!! » Sat Nov 23, 2002 8:47 pm

booo happy i remember wat u did u traiter on inferno you were a ct yet u still sprayed T's and it was funny when that ct after realizing shooting 5 of yur sprayed T's were faked he was gunned down. guess he was too confused to believe what was real.
Happy Dude [eLa]

Post by Happy Dude [eLa] » Sat Nov 23, 2002 8:53 pm

oh yeah he was a n00b to the server though
i kinda sprayed on cornners and far crates and when he ran by he shot like 5 rounds into each and was gunned down lol

that was funny
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:46 pm

in my opinion, sprays are just sprays. i have never seen a spray that looked anything like a player. if you don't want them, use cl_allowdownload 0. as far as i'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with using them.
Mile High Pirate

Post by Mile High Pirate » Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:52 pm

If you shoot at a spray...you deserve to die!!!

Hehe

Mile High Pirate
Mile High Pirate

Post by Mile High Pirate » Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:53 pm

Hehe

Mile High Pirate
Mile High Pirate

Hehe

Mile High Pirate
Mile High Pirate

Please delete the repeated posting above...I kept getting a error (didnt write it down) so I kept trying to post....and please delete this one also.
I also just noticed all these duplicate postings are numbered the same....466.
Last edited by Mile High Pirate on Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:18 am

Given the game Counterstrike, it is suppose to be a realistic style shoot em up. Most all scenarios (maps) are built to have two forces who know of each other's prescience to engage in combat within approx 2-5 minutes.

Imagine yourself in a ct's boondockers, given orders to stop terrorist's attempts to bomb certain areas. You are given 5 minutes, do you have time to spray paint a realistic figure of the opposing force upon a wall?

No way.

But... I've engaged one on one versus a painted wall before, regardless of the amount of frags I got, I was tactically tricked.... actually more on the lines of stupified. That is why I pick this game over Half-Life, it's more intelluctual. That's fun.

That's the reason I don't mind someone using decoy sprays, same reason I play this game, it's fun.

Vote YES on POLL "should decoy sprays be allowed?" and safeguard your freedom to spray!

Scooby
Cc_Gr:m

Post by Cc_Gr:m » Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:42 am

"sprays don't make people camp, bad tactics do"

in the interest of tactical sprays i'd like to defend the users against being labled campers. i think if a person camps normally they'll camp with decoy sprays.

i tend to spray them here and there while i'm running just to add a little confusion behind me. if you don't like the sprays set your decal limit to zero like joe said. who knows it might even raise your fps and lower your ping after doing so.
"Actually it's quite fun to fight them, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up there with you. I like brawling. You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil, You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them." Lt. Gen. James Mattis 2005
[ACA]Training

Post by [ACA]Training » Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:40 pm

spraying a "decoy" spray is weak. There are many spots on very map were some1 would camp ina dark corner, when some1 sprays there lame little spray there and you shoot it then get tagged from behind it is weak. I think it is bad sportsmanship, just like camping.
ZaijiaN

Post by ZaijiaN » Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:33 am

If you ban decoy sprays, you might as well ban any dark spray at all on a dark map (more effective than decoy spraying).

Besides, regardless of what your objective is, you use the tools at your disposal to the best of your ability. I can recall many movie in particular, where a decoy of some sort was used successfully. :)
Last edited by ZaijiaN on Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.